*** Official October 2018 Thread ***

Scored a BOG lunch for our girls trip long after our 180 day window opened. :cool1:
We made a late decision to get a reservation. I set up a Touring Plans alert yesterday afternoon and got our reservation last night!! I don't know what I would do without Touring Plans. It's the best.

Just got one too! I couldn't really decide what I wanted since I was neck deep in figuring out fastpasses for June. The reservation finder is such a great feature. Just goes to show people are always changing their plans, even at this far off point.

Will be there 10/28-11/4 for our 10-Year Anniversary, we married at the Grand Floridian. My dining date is tomorrow, and I'm so confused. Why are they not reasing park hours for the days before its time to do dining reservations and stuff? I was going to check for fireworks times, etc to plan around them, but the days arent available yet. Didn't they used to release these further ahead of time? I remember planning other trips knowing well before now....or maybe I just guesstimated based off the weeks prior...

Will be there 10/28-11/4 for our 10-Year Anniversary, we married at the Grand Floridian. My dining date is tomorrow, and I'm so confused. Why are they not reasing park hours for the days before its time to do dining reservations and stuff? I was going to check for fireworks times, etc to plan around them, but the days arent available yet. Didn't they used to release these further ahead of time? I remember planning other trips knowing well before now....or maybe I just guesstimated based off the weeks prior...
I've seen a few people suggest looking at the historical hours (so, the same time last year and the year before). It may not be 100% accurate, but it can help.

This is a relatively new thing. When we did our ADRs for our June 2016 and June 2017 trips, hours were released about 6.5 months out. This (booking in Dec 2017 for our June 2018 trip) was the first time it was different.

Joining in! Me and my gf are going 10/20 - 10/27 and staying at the Poly. Lots of firsts on this trip: our first to the World together, and this is her first time back as an adult since childhood. For both of us it's our first time at a monorail resort (I grew up at the Dolphin, her family did CBR), first fall trip so the first time for Food & Wine and the Halloween party...absolutely cannot wait!

As of 32 minutes ago, I have now booked all of our ADRs and tours for our 4 week trip for most of October! It was a huge job, but now that it is finally done, I feel I can start to get excited again! :tigger:

I figured someone on here would understand my joy, as my husband is pretty baffled by the entire process, especially the need to book everything 6 months in advance. It’s also not him that has had to stop work at 11am (6am Florida time) every day to make another few days’ bookings.

As of 32 minutes ago, I have now booked all of our ADRs and tours for our 4 week trip for most of October! It was a huge job, but now that it is finally done, I feel I can start to get excited again! :tigger:

I figured someone on here would understand my joy, as my husband is pretty baffled by the entire process, especially the need to book everything 6 months in advance. It’s also not him that has had to stop work at 11am (6am Florida time) every day to make another few days’ bookings.

Good on YOU! pooh:

I had the same issue! I even called and told them how much more difficult planning had been this time around. Last trip, I was able to make plans for dining based on parks, hours, events, etc. This time, I still can't even see what events are going on and we are traveling 2nd week in October. I know I'm crazy because I looooove the planning part (one of those lists about lists kind of people), but I can't plan my park strategy, yet.

Last edited:
I had the same issue! I even called and told them how much more difficult planning had been this time around. Last trip, I was able to make plans for dining based on parks, hours, events, etc. This time, I still can't even see what events are going on and we are traveling 2nd week in October. I know I'm crazy because I looooove the planning part (one of those lists about lists kind of people), but I can't plan my park strategy :(

Did you go to the sites I recommended?

Have you checked out this?
http://www.kennythepirate.com/crowd-calendars/

Kenny the pirate is pretty spot on. Unfortunately Disney releases information like a month or two out and even then things can change... while your asleep in your resort, this happened to me. EMH were added to one park and removed from another ::yes:: Frustrating! I hope the link helps and I wish you and yours a very blessed 10th Anniversary! This is you & yours > :hug:

List updated 5/5!

We ordered our MNSSHP (10/16) tix earlier this week! Now comes the hard part, keeping costumes hidden from my DD, who we are surprising this trip!

Did you goo the sites I recommended?

I did, thanks. My last visit, I was able to see on myidsneyexperience what times parades, shows, etc. were all happening well in advance. I used this in my park strategy for touring and what all we wanted to see (took each day's printout with me into the park so I had my plans at my fingertips & had app on my phone). I am disappointed that I cannot do this at this point. Any other ideas?

Super excited here! We will be hitting WDW on October 13 - 23rd! My husband and I will be joined by my parents, sisters, BIL, and 5 y/o nieces on the 16th. Wow, we are beyond excited! My family went to WDW back in the early 90's for the first time. My husband and I spent almost two weeks there for our honeymoon and can't wait to bring our nieces for the first time! We are staying at Art of Animation this time. We have dining reservations and tickets for the MNSSHP. Now anxiously awaiting our fast pass deadline. Good thing summer will fly by!

I did, thanks. My last visit, I was able to see on myidsneyexperience what times parades, shows, etc. were all happening well in advance. I used this in my park strategy for touring and what all we wanted to see (took each day's printout with me into the park so I had my plans at my fingertips & had app on my phone). I am disappointed that I cannot do this at this point. Any other ideas?

Too many "october" threads :faint: I posted this on the other thread

Disney park hours, parade and fireworks are released approximately 180 days in advance. However, KtP has them on his crowd calendar, how accurate are they? Pretty good IMO. Things do not change that dramatically at WDW but I know last year the afternoon parade at MK, Festival the Fantasy parade that starts at 3pm was moved to 2pm effective August 20, 2017. Then it changed back. Disney also reserves the right to change anything at a moments notice and overnight while you are sleeping. Yes, this is frustrating.

You can even compare the hours posted now vs last year at any given park day to help guide you plan. Josh at easywdw is awesome. You can still find his cheat sheets from Oct. 2017.

If you don't want to look, or do all this work your best bet is to just wait for Disney to post them and keep your eye on them for any changes. :flower3:

Joining in. Oct 6th-11th staying at Coronado Springs Resort. My family will be going along with my sister's family and my parents. Party of 11 total. Can't wait to be home.

Now the OFFICIAL OCTOBER 2018 THREAD as of July 11th! :) Please let me know if I've made a mistake or if you need your information updated.

Trip Dates & Resorts
Poppcorn: 10/1 - 10/7; Pop
Carey_B; 10/1 - 10/12; All Star Music
mchelle77; 10/6 - 10/10; Pop
CARR1E F1SHER: 10/12 - 10/20; POR
tgpez21; 10/17 - 10/27; Boardwalk
agavegirl1: 10/19 - 10/27; POR
NotBaroque: 10/20 - 10/28; Poly & AKL
Chax: 10/20 - 11/4; Offsite
patclairesmom: 10/23 - 10/31; CBR
bcwife76: 10/25 - 10/27; CBR
Tinkersbelle87: 10/28 - 11/2; POR
TheInvernessie: 10/30 - 11/4; Contemporary
Luvthemouse71 and sister: 10/13-10/19; Pop Century.

Me and my girlfriend just made our last payment on our trip!! Booked at Caribbean Beach from Oct 13-19th!!! This will be her first trip to WDW. i'm a Florida native so I've been going to the parks for 30 years but I've never stayed on property before. it always been a dream of mine since i was a kid to visit the parks two days in a row and I can't believe I'm finally going to get to do it for 7!!! SO STOKED!!!!

Of course my husband now decides that he wants to have diner at Ohana....130 days away. Let the constant checking begin!

Edit: Got one! and only took about a week of checking multiple times a day! :worship:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!