*** Official October 2018 Thread ***

Fp day this morning and we were able to get everything we wanted near the times we wanted. It was really nice to have Dh helping this time around. I split our FPS in half so we each did some.

Now you just have 60 days to second guess your decisions and make changes lol

Now you just have 60 days to second guess your decisions and make changes lol
Lol that’s already been done this morning. I think since we’ve already been twice this year we were like “eh whatever” with FPS this morning lol. The only ones we really wanted were SDD and FOP. We’ve done each of them once so really want to do them again, especially FOP because neither of us were blown away by it. I loved slinky though!

I just booked our first trip in years and I am at a loss as to where and how to start planning FastPasses and Dining. We are in our mid 50's and will be celebrating our 39th anniversary. I am so excited to finally be going to Disney at a time other than Christmas, Spring Break or Thanksgiving break! lol

I love Halloween and and am so excited to see the parks decked out for it. We will be attending the MNSSHP on the 23rd.:ccat::maleficen

I just booked our first trip in years and I am at a loss as to where and how to start planning FastPasses and Dining. We are in our mid 50's and will be celebrating our 39th anniversary. I am so excited to finally be going to Disney at a time other than Christmas, Spring Break or Thanksgiving break! lol

I love Halloween and and am so excited to see the parks decked out for it. We will be attending the MNSSHP on the 23rd.:ccat::maleficen
I was going to message you to help but realized you can’t send messages yet. You can start booking dining 180 days out so you should be good to start booking those. We arrive October 23 so we were able to make our fast passes this morning. We will be at MNSSHP on the 23rd too! Are you staying at a Disney resort?

I was going to message you to help but realized you can’t send messages yet. You can start booking dining 180 days out so you should be good to start booking those. We arrive October 23 so we were able to make our fast passes this morning. We will be at MNSSHP on the 23rd too! Are you staying at a Disney resort?

We are staying at the DoubleTree near DS. I REALLY wanted POFQ for our anniversary stay, but it wasn't available. Our other options were the value resorts and I thought they would be too busy and noisy with kids. LOL. We want a nice quiet place to retreat to and the DoubleTree now is included in most of the Disney Resort perks, so we can book dining and fast passes now.

I did book a reservation at the Yacht Club for dinner, and Kona for a breakfast. Just not sure how to plan our days and which parks to go to on what days to book fast passes.

I am overwhelmed at all the information and I don't know what all the abbreviations are, but I did see a post listing them so I might just print that off so I know what people are talking about!:D

We are staying at the DoubleTree near DS. I REALLY wanted POFQ for our anniversary stay, but it wasn't available. Our other options were the value resorts and I thought they would be too busy and noisy with kids. LOL. We want a nice quiet place to retreat to and the DoubleTree now is included in most of the Disney Resort perks, so we can book dining and fast passes now.

I did book a reservation at the Yacht Club for dinner, and Kona for a breakfast. Just not sure how to plan our days and which parks to go to on what days to book fast passes.

I am overwhelmed at all the information and I don't know what all the abbreviations are, but I did see a post listing them so I might just print that off so I know what people are talking about!:D
I’ve never stayed at a DS hotel but I’m sure you will have a good time. My husband and I are staying at pop for part of our stay. It’s the only value I’ve stayed at but I really like it. It’s not as noisy as you would think. Not sure if you’d want to switch to pop but it may be an option for you. The Murphy bed is nice for two people so you can have a table in chairs instead of two beds.

What are your trip dates? I can try to help you plan which days to go to which park. Will you use the extra magic hours in the morning and/or at night?

I was sprinkled with Pixie Dust!! I called to see about changing my dates a bit to make it work for us at POFQ. Unfortunately the dates I wanted were not available with a discounted price. I was on hold a loong time and when the CM came back she said she got us approved for the Fall Holiday offer!! Only $200.00 more than staying at DoubleTree. She said it was our anniversary gift from them to us. I am so excited!!:yay::yay:

I was sprinkled with Pixie Dust!! I called to see about changing my dates a bit to make it work for us at POFQ. Unfortunately the dates I wanted were not available with a discounted price. I was on hold a loong time and when the CM came back she said she got us approved for the Fall Holiday offer!! Only $200.00 more than staying at DoubleTree. She said it was our anniversary gift from them to us. I am so excited!!:yay::yay:
Wow that’s awesome! Pofq is our absolute favorite resort at Disney! We did our honeymoon there!

Got FPs this morning (last night?). I'm on the west coast, so I had got up at 3:55AM and start right at 4:00AM. Got everything I wanted, including FOP and Slinky Dog. My wife and son are really ambivalent about FOP and Avatar in general, but I still wanted to do it since everybody says it's amazing.
Last time we went (2015 and 2016) FPs were at midnight Eastern, which is only 9:00PM Pacific, which was much easier.
We have a split stay and I was worried I would only be able to pick FPs for the first half, but it let me do all the days. Thank goodness!

Hey y'all! :wave2: A couple friends and I just booked a "Gals Trip" for the tail end of October! 28th through 31st at All Star Movies! Super excited because it means I'll have stayed at every Value Level resort at least once :woohoo: While those around us will be decked out in costume for the parties or headed around the World Showcase for Food & Wine , we're coming for the music :rockband: Specifically Hanson :flower1: That's right. 20 years ago (good gosh we're old), three tweenagers bonded over the peak of the Boyband era and annoying our fellow classmates with endless singing of MMMBop. Naturally, what better place to celebrate lifelong friendships than at Disney :smickey: Our Planner Friend already booked FPes for the two park days (MK and Epcot), and she hasn't been to a park in 7 years, so I can't wait to see her impression of New Fantasyland! Hope everyone else here had good luck with their selections.

Last edited:
Got set #1 of our Magic Bands in the mail today. It’s getting close.

I have some family that live in Florida that I don’t get to see often that might try to join us for a few days. Hoping to get plans firmed up while rooms are still available. 25 days to go.

Just discovered this thread! Taking my DS (will be 2 weeks shy of 4 years) for a Halloween trip. We're staying at Pop 10/28-11/3. Our 2nd trip, last time we did AOA because my parents joined us (and DS loves Cars).

We got all the major FP I wanted, and doing EMM at TSL on 10/29. Was going to do MNSSHP on 10/30, but reports of big crowds and long lines changed my mind. DS is not a fan of lines at his age!

We're headed to Disney October 24th! We're surprising our girls with a Fall Break trip and leaving the three year old twins at home with grandma and grandpa! If that's not exciting enough, our REALLY good friends are joining us the day after we get there! They are surprising their kiddos with the trip and we will be "accidently" bumping into them at Epcot on their arrival day! CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Hey y'all! :wave2: A couple friends and I just booked a "Gals Trip" for the tail end of October! 28th through 31st at All Star Movies! Super excited because it means I'll have stayed at every Value Level resort at least once :woohoo: While those around us will be decked out in costume for the parties or headed around the World Showcase for Food & Wine , we're coming for the music :rockband: Specifically Hanson :flower1: That's right. 20 years ago (good gosh we're old), three tweenagers bonded over the peak of the Boyband era and annoying our fellow classmates with endless singing of MMMBop. Naturally, what better place to celebrate lifelong friendships than at Disney :smickey: Our Planner Friend already booked FPes for the two park days (MK and Epcot), and she hasn't been to a park in 7 years, so I can't wait to see her impression of New Fantasyland! Hope everyone else here had good luck with their selections.

My sister & I are also taking a short girls trip Oct 28-31 to see Hanson! :love: We’re staying at Beach Club, but maybe we’ll run into you & your friends in the parks! Keep your eye out for twins with Hanson ears! :laughing: I hope you guys have a great trip! 48 more days :yay:

Is there any chance they will change park hours for MK on October 13? Right now it's 9am-9pm. I have an 8am BOG reservation, with the intention of going straight to 7DMT before rope drop then to Peter Pan. If they change the park hours to open at 8am that would definitely change my touring plan since I didn't get FP for either ride. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter