**Official** October 2020 Check-in! (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are currently booked October 12-17, traditionally a very busy week with nighttime entertainment. The break may be changing to the 20-25 of October. Will we still have the nighttime parades, fireworks and Fantasmic?
Keep track of all the school breaks, conventions, holidays, etc. in the first post of this thread. That is the best way to find what you need in one place. Ask further questions about October here!

We'll be there Oct 18th to 23rd! Staying Homewood Suites. Not sure if we'll do OBB this time (have done 3x Halloween parties before). Can anyone tellme which park is likely to be busiest on the Monday, seeing as Mondays are generally very busy? On OBB Tues, from last year's reviews it lookedlike DCA was good during the day before party goers arrived? Any advice welcomed!

Sadly, we’ve decided not to go in October so I have to exit the post. I realized that my son’s fall break is the week after I return from a work trip, which isn’t ideal from a being-in-the-office standpoint. I’ve been struggling with whether to go anyway, but the increase FlexPass in prices was the sign I needed that this isn’t the right time for us. We will still be going next March on 5-day tickets though, so you all are stuck with me for awhile :)

Last edited:

Sadly, we’ve decided not to go in October so I have to exit the post. I realized that my son’s fall break is the week after I return from a work trip, which isn’t ideal from a being-in-the-office standpoint. I’ve been struggling with whether to go anyway, but the increase FlexPass in prices was the sign I needed that this isn’t the right time for us. We will still be going next March on 5-day tickets though, so you all are still with me for awhile :)
Good for you for adulting. Not fun, but necessary. Keep up with the Halloween Time Superthread, though. That way, if you decide to try for an October trip next year, you'll have a good idea of what to expect and how much to budget. I'll take your name off the list.

Reactions: EmJ
OP: Please add this to the first post! TIA!

Holidays, Conventions, and Fall Breaks for October 2020:
Monday, October 12: Columbus Day/Indigenous Peoples Day -- this 3 day weekend is usually very busy at DLR!
Saturday, October 31: Halloween -- expect this OBB to sell out FAST! If you are planning to attend the party on this day, be prepared to purchase your tickets as soon as they become available. And remember that OBB tickets are non-refundable, non-transferable, and not for resale! So be sure about your party date and the number of tickets you want.
Gay Days Convention (unofficial): October 2-4, 2020 -- a very large convention that happens the first weekend in October every year. The OBB for that weekend always sells out.

There are quite a few Fall Breaks that affect crowds at DLR. If your Fall Break isn't listed, please post!
October 2020
  • Oct 5-9: Fall Break for Mesa (AZ)
  • Oct 15-18: Fall Break for Granite (UT)
  • Oct 15-19: Fall Break for Alpine (UT)
  • Oct 30: Nevada Day
Reno/sparks NV also has a fall break October 5-9.

I have booked two separate weekends in October at BWPPI - October 8-11 and October 22-25. I will eventually cancel one, once I figure out my DDs graduate school schedules. I am leaning towards the last weekend. I have been wanting to go to Disneyland to see Halloween decorations for years, so I am super excited.

I have booked two separate weekends in October at BWPPI - October 8-11 and October 22-25. I will eventually cancel one, once I figure out my DDs graduate school schedules. I am leaning towards the last weekend. I have been wanting to go to Disneyland to see Halloween decorations for years, so I am super excited.
Sounds great! I added you to the list -- let us know which dates you end up picking!

Planning our first Halloween time trip for Oct 3-11. Still looking at hotels but currently have a reservation for a renovated family suite at Camelot Inn.

I edited it my old post, but just to clarify -- we’ll be staying at the Courtyard Marriott Theme Park Entrance. Maybe it will still be water park weather!

Looking forward to Halloweentime, but I don’t expect we’ll try to go to an Oogie Boogie Bash, as my son is still a little young to stay up so late. Also skipping the crowds on Columbus Indigenous Peoples Day proper.

We‘ll be there from the 23 Oct - 4 Nov staying at the BWPPI. Hoping to grab OBB tickets for the 31st.

We will be there October 4-7 staying at the VGC. It’s fall break for our school in Peoria, AZ.
Mike

I edited it my old post, but just to clarify -- we’ll be staying at the Courtyard Marriott Theme Park Entrance. Maybe it will still be water park weather!...
October can be one of the warmest months of the year in Southern CA, so there's a very good chance you'll be hitting the water park! :)

We're currently planning to go to the parks Monday, October 26 - Wednesday, October 28, but I've been thinking I'd love to move it back one day to save a day of taking time off work. But I also want to avoid crowds at an already busy time! Does anyone have opinions on going to Disneyland on Sunday the 25th vs. Monday the 26th? Will the crowds be way worse on Sunday or similar enough to Monday to not make a difference? The various crowd calendars on the web seem to disagree with each other. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter