**Official** October 2020 Check-in! (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're currently planning to go to the parks Monday, October 26 - Wednesday, October 28, but I've been thinking I'd love to move it back one day to save a day of taking time off work. But I also want to avoid crowds at an already busy time! Does anyone have opinions on going to Disneyland on Sunday the 25th vs. Monday the 26th? Will the crowds be way worse on Sunday or similar enough to Monday to not make a difference? The various crowd calendars on the web seem to disagree with each other. Thanks!
Check the AP Blockout Calendar to see which date has more of the lower passes blocked. I'm guessing it would be the Sunday. Mondays have been very busy for the past few years, so I'd lean toward choosing the Sunday anyway.

We will be at VGC Oct.10th overnight ! :thumbsup2 We are usually there during the end of October rather than the start of the month so is it just as crowded ? :rolleyes1

We will be at VGC Oct.10th overnight ! :thumbsup2 We are usually there during the end of October rather than the start of the month so is it just as crowded ? :rolleyes1
Well, the 10th falls during a 3 day weekend, right after AZ fall break (very busy!) and before Columbus Day (very busy!). So, I would plan for crowds. Check the first page of this thread for the list of events, school breaks, holidays, etc. to see what falls on/around your date/s.

Another thread I get to jump into now! I don’t have finalized dates or hotel so not ready to be on the list, but it looks like we will be moving the trip to the first week of October, approximately. Our flights have been rebooked, just waiting to hear from my sister in San Diego about which half of the trip she’d like us to come, and which half is for DLR.

We we’re booked at CCI for next week but I’m pondering trying to get a place with a bigger pool or water park for the fall since we’ll likely have better weather. We currently have three day tickets, but might make our stay a smidge longer in October, add party tickets, and do a pool day? So much to plan (again)!

List updated! (3/10/20)
Another thread I get to jump into now! I don’t have finalized dates or hotel so not ready to be on the list, but it looks like we will be moving the trip to the first week of October, approximately. Our flights have been rebooked, just waiting to hear from my sister in San Diego about which half of the trip she’d like us to come, and which half is for DLR.

We we’re booked at CCI for next week but I’m pondering trying to get a place with a bigger pool or water park for the fall since we’ll likely have better weather. We currently have three day tickets, but might make our stay a smidge longer in October, add party tickets, and do a pool day? So much to plan (again)!
Make sure to check the first page for the list of events. First weekend in October is usually Gay Days -- a very big unofficial event. You should definitely get pool time in October! The weather is usually pretty warm. And who's going to argue with making your trip longer?;)

List updated! (3/10/20)

Make sure to check the first page for the list of events. First weekend in October is usually Gay Days -- a very big unofficial event. You should definitely get pool time in October! The weather is usually pretty warm. And who's going to argue with making your trip longer?;)

only my sister if it means we have less time with her? But I think we’ll be limited by her work travel schedule at that time of year anyway, so everyone should be happy!

I‘m hoping it works out to visit her first and then head to DLR around October 5. I know that overlaps with some fall breaks but it at least keeps us to mostly week days, so perhaps a bit less busy then if we‘re there for gay days. I think we’re going to be dealing with big crowds no matter how it works out but it should still be fun!

Hello all! I think @theluckyrabbit is trying to figure out how to add me to be able to edit this group so we keep it updated, but until then please keep posting! I am choosing to be optimistic that in a few weeks things will return to normal.

for those who plan to fly, southwest released their dates up to October 31st yesterday and I thought prices were very good. We are flying into San Diego for a night at the beach and a night/day at legoland before heading to Disneyland.

Me and DD are headed to WDW in July... our plane tickets dropped so much that we were able to also pay for round trip to DL in October. SO with flights being "free" we decided to head to DL as well!

We will be on Fall Break (Jordan, Utah) from 19th-23rd, so we are heading down the 19th until the 23rd :) We will be staying at the Red Lion because we love how close the Toy Story parking lot shuttles are :)

Last edited:
Me and DD are headed to WDW in July... our plane tickets dropped so much that we were able to also pay for round trip to DL in October. SO with flights being "free" we decided to head to DL as well!

We will be on Spring Break (Jordan, Utah) from 19th-23rd, so we are heading down the 19th until the 23rd :) We will be staying at the Red Lion because we love how close the Toy Story parking lot shuttles are :)
You're on the list! And do you mean Fall Break?

From the DLR Closure Superthread, details on the DLR hotels special offer for those rescheduling trips:

I saw on one of the bloggers Instagram stories (Disney Food Blog) that the Disneyland offer for people rescheduling is:

“Beginning Monday, March 30, 2020, these select guests will be able to book a special Disneyland Resort offer for most arrival dates from June 1st through December 31st, 2020. The Cast Member we spoke with said the offer will apply to weekdays, Sunday through Thursday. Eligible guests will receive up to 10% off at Paradise Pier for a Premium Room. Guests booking at the Disneyland Hotel or Grand Californian Hotel can receive 15% off a standard room or 20% off a premium room!”

ETA: here’s the link https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2020...rivate-offer-for-guests-affected-by-closures/

Just canceled my trip in April to May and booked a new trip 10/29-11/3. It'll be for my nephew's 10.5 birthday now! We had tickets to Villians Nite and hope to get tix to Oogie Boogie Bash. We were staying at DVC but there is no availability now (we may waitlist it), but I did reserve a standard view room at the DLH in the meantime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!