*** Official OCTOBER 2021 Countdown Group - HAPPY 50th ANNIVERSARY WDW! ***

Any specifics? I’m really curious if and when they’ll be bringing back the dining plan and fast passes.
No specifics to date or what the future offerings may look like. It appears if we are going in the next 12 months we should be prepared for changes. I don't think we should expect either one of these two items to just return as they were, which makes us all curious what happens. The again, they could remain unchanged based upon other business decision they need to make to manage financial impacts. We should all hope they update each program as they were both deployed years ago. Hopefully they more closely align to our expectations and provide greater value in our experiences and pocketbook.

Last edited:
No specifics to date or what the future offerings may look like. It appears if we are going in the next 12 months we should be prepared for changes. I don't think we should expect either one of these two items to just return as they were, which makes us all curious what happens. The again, they could remain unchanged based upon other business decision they need to make to manage financial impacts. We should all hope they update each program as they were both deployed years ago. Hopefully they more closely align to our expectations and provide greater value in our experiences and pocketbook.

Agreed. The pandemic gave them an opportunity to hit reset. I imagine it's harder to flow in changes midstream given all the complexity of such a huge operation...a pause allows for a fuller reimagining. Here's hoping for new, streamlined offerings rather than band-aids.

Booked the last week of October ‘21! Super excited! Have they not opened booking for all resorts yet? I could only find availability at a few resorts so grabbed Pop.

Booked the last week of October ‘21! Super excited! Have they not opened booking for all resorts yet? I could only find availability at a few resorts so grabbed Pop.
Right, Disney has not announced opening dates for the ones that are closed due to Covid restrictions, I think they're waiting to see what comes this winter before making any decisions that may backfire.

I'm counting on Fireworks and park hopping coming back by summer and hopefully a Halloween party by fall. Fingers crossed!

Right, Disney has not announced opening dates for the ones that are closed due to Covid restrictions, I think they're waiting to see what comes this winter before making any decisions that may backfire.

I'm counting on Fireworks and park hopping coming back by summer and hopefully a Halloween party by fall. Fingers crossed!
I was told by the cast members that some resorts are closed for all of 2021. For example, wilderness lodge since that’s where we were hoping to book. The villas are opened but u read they are taking this opportunity to refurbish some. Hope that’s not true. A. All the resorts that are opened will be booked solid and B. I like want to possibly switch to WL!

All the resorts that are opened will be booked solid and B. I like want to possibly switch to WL!
I want WL opened as much as you, it's my absolute favorite resort ❤ I missed it and was super happy staying at Copper Creek last month; still in the main building and the rooms are great. If WL hasn't opened when they released CCV to Disney inventory you could always book there to at least be at the Lodge!

We plan to be there last week of September 2021 through Oct. 2nd, @ the Poly. (50th for the Poly too :stitch2:)

I'm confused by this as well. They're allowing reservations for Copper Creek and Boulder Ridge up until September 2021. Why block off October?

Okay, What a year this has been. Pulled too many directions and still it continues.

I'm happy to report that I FINALLY have our reservations set for next year!

Next up: go through our thread here and clean up our list on page 1

Last edited:
Thanks for starting this thread. We are booked for October 4-16, 2021. Staying off-site.

We have now cancelled 3 times since May 2020, and we will cancel again if stuff hasn't returned to normal, though. I'm not very optimistic at this point, but I'm hoping that Disney has some motivation to get as much back to "normal" as possible for the 50th.

Thanks for starting this thread. We are booked for October 4-16, 2021. Staying off-site.

We have now cancelled 3 times since May 2020, and we will cancel again if stuff hasn't returned to normal, though. I'm not very optimistic at this point, but I'm hoping that Disney has some motivation to get as much back to "normal" as possible for the 50th.
I wondered if I was the only one who was planning on canceling if things weren’t back to “normal” by 10/21. Unfortunately, like you said, not overly optimistic at this point.

I wondered if I was the only one who was planning on canceling if things weren’t back to “normal” by 10/21. Unfortunately, like you said, not overly optimistic at this point.
I don't fault WDW at all for any of the changes they have made or continue to make, but at the same time, it's not worth it to me to go there for a lesser experience.

That, and I have no interest in spending my "relaxing" vacation by policing my 2-year-old's patience for mask-wearing the entire time we're there.

The positive news on the vaccine front is making me feel a bit more optimistic about next fall. Also, interesting to see that they are bringing back park hopping in a limited way pretty soon. That would impact my itinerary which is of course already in the works! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter