***Official September 2020 Thread***

OK, I think I got everyone added. If I missed someone just let me know.

Just totally depressed right now with everything that is going on it is hard to get excited about the trip. DH thinks we will be canceling and I keep telling him to not think about that now and just wait to see what happens. So many unknowns right now and that is scary. I pray this clears up faster than they think and everyone can get back to whatever the new normal life will be.

I suspect that it should be ok for September. I noticed flights are significantly cheaper even for September. I am not planning to cancel at this time. This is a tough time for most everyone, I am so glad there are resources for people to get extra support (including disboards). I will keep hanging in there with you all and will continue to try to help our communities

I’m planning a quick budget trip for my kids and me! We have fingers crossed for a Not So Scary party but I’ll wait until we know more to buy the tickets. Making ADRs very soon! Our reservation is September 20-24. My plan is to do one park day, one party day, and swimming/Disney Springs/mini golf.

Just switched dates from April to August/September. I'm nervous about the heat but really want to be able to go this year.
We were also worried about this when we went previously. We were fine! We made sure to hydrate, take afternoon breaks, duck into ac buildings when needed and enjoy the resort pools👍

We were also worried about this when we went previously. We were fine! We made sure to hydrate, take afternoon breaks, duck into ac buildings when needed and enjoy the resort pools👍

I'm not sure how the breaks will work. Our previous trip we found going back to the room felt pointless since our kids didn't want to nap. We're doing Universal first and since that's more flexible without Fastpasses or dining plans I figure it'll be easier to see what works.

I'm not sure how the breaks will work. Our previous trip we found going back to the room felt pointless since our kids didn't want to nap. We're doing Universal first and since that's more flexible without Fastpasses or dining plans I figure it'll be easier to see what works.

Mine have not napped in years. We did take different types of breaks such as swim breaks at the resort, ac attractions, timing a lunch break in ac, Tom Sawyer island or one of the water parks. These breaks were to cool down and reset. You will figure out what works for you and your family

I'm at 181 days! Tomorrow is 180 days! :jumping1: I'm excited to make my reservations no matter what's going on right now! It gives me something to look forward to. I honestly think we're all going to be okay. If the parks haven't reopened by mid-June, that's when I'll really start to get nervous.

I've seen several comments about how, even when the parks open back up, it won't be the same for awhile. I'm kind of leaning the other way. I think people might still give a sideways glance at a cough. But I also think it will be more of a celebration. People won't take it for granted. At least that's my hope. I know for me it will be a sense of relief, gratitude, and almost uncontrollable excitement when I walk through those gates.

I'm at 181 days! Tomorrow is 180 days! :jumping1: I'm excited to make my reservations no matter what's going on right now! It gives me something to look forward to. I honestly think we're all going to be okay. If the parks haven't reopened by mid-June, that's when I'll really start to get nervous.

I've seen several comments about how, even when the parks open back up, it won't be the same for awhile. I'm kind of leaning the other way. I think people might still give a sideways glance at a cough. But I also think it will be more of a celebration. People won't take it for granted. At least that's my hope. I know for me it will be a sense of relief, gratitude, and almost uncontrollable excitement when I walk through those gates.
I am right there with you! Our countdown went from 20 days to 184 now that we moved april to Sept. I am planning with so much HOPE here!

I am right there with you! Our countdown went from 20 days to 184 now that we moved april to Sept. I am planning with so much HOPE here!

Hope is good! Look, here's the way I look at it. I'm in the "at risk" category. Almost 60, out of shape, with a history of respiratory issues. If the worst thing that happens out of this whole thing is I have to cancel and move my trip, life is good. Would I be disappointed? Absolutely. Will I get over it? Absolutely. It's all good!

Anyone heard any rumblings for the second round of Free Dining? I know they normally release in April. Just curious if that will be impacted by COVID-19

Got all of our dining reservations today! BOG for dinner (the most important one for my wife, mother in law and grandfather in law), and a lunch, plus 50's Prime Time (dinner), Chef Mickey's (breakfast), Coral Reef (dinner), and Ohana (dinner). Now to figure out what's our best course of action for FP+ for the next few months 🤣

I got my Savi's Workshop and the Castle Fireworks Plaza View reservations this morning! I didn't make any ADRs since I don't have the dining plan and don't plan on having any table service meals. But Savi's was wide open. And, last time I went, it was weeks before two spots opened up for the dessert party. The way that everybody's getting pretty much everything they wanted leads me to believe crowds are going to be low. Does anybody else get that sense?

I missed my ADR day by 2 days because of all that was going on and can’t get California Grill for brunch or BOG for PPO or Ohana for dinner. Boo!!! Set up alerts tho...

Also - I can change my reservation and still keep FD from 8/29-9/2 to 9/8-9/12. Anyone think it would help moving it as far as possible considering a reopening date?

Booked for 9/12 - 9/24 at Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani. I am traveling with my Mom who will be 82 at that point. We are holding onto some hope, but will decide in July if we think this trip will actually be happening or not. My ADR day was last week and I have only barely looked at the park hours, but i will most likely book the ADRs in the next few days.

I got my Savi's Workshop and the Castle Fireworks Plaza View reservations this morning! I didn't make any ADRs since I don't have the dining plan and don't plan on having any table service meals. But Savi's was wide open. And, last time I went, it was weeks before two spots opened up for the dessert party. The way that everybody's getting pretty much everything they wanted leads me to believe crowds are going to be low. Does anybody else get that sense?

I just got a crowd level update from Touring Plans for my dates (20-24). Good grief! Sunday 9/20, MK went from a 1 to a 4. Wednesday 9/23 the overall crowd level went from a 2 to a 7 (7?!), MK went from a 3 to an 8 (!!), EP went from a 1 to a 7 (!!), and AK went from a 1 to a 7 (!!)!! What the...?!

I just got a crowd level update from Touring Plans for my dates (20-24). Good grief! Sunday 9/20, MK went from a 1 to a 4. Wednesday 9/23 the overall crowd level went from a 2 to a 7 (7?!), MK went from a 3 to an 8 (!!), EP went from a 1 to a 7 (!!), and AK went from a 1 to a 7 (!!)!! What the...?!
As long as WDW is open I am not minding what the crowd level is, I just want to be there again! We are hoping for the best!

I am going the week before you and had some drastic changes also with the biggest changes on Wed - Fri (16-18) going up but Sat going down? I am not going to freak out now as I think this will change several times before we go (fingers crossed) . There are so many unknowns right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter