***Official September 2020 Thread***

I just got a crowd level update from Touring Plans for my dates (20-24). Good grief! Sunday 9/20, MK went from a 1 to a 4. Wednesday 9/23 the overall crowd level went from a 2 to a 7 (7?!), MK went from a 3 to an 8 (!!), EP went from a 1 to a 7 (!!), and AK went from a 1 to a 7 (!!)!! What the...?!
For me, if it looks like it’s going to me a mob scene, I’m going to cancel. I don’t think any crowd calendar will be able to predict based on previous years. Kind of like last September with the extra hours and Star Wars land opening. I will make my dining reservations next week as normal, but I’m not holding out much hope that I will go in September. I can’t justify the expense of a trip with what I feel will be heavy crowds. I hope I’m wrong, but...
I’m glad you got what you wanted! Everyone stay safe!

For me, if it looks like it’s going to me a mob scene, I’m going to cancel. I don’t think any crowd calendar will be able to predict based on previous years. Kind of like last September with the extra hours and Star Wars land opening. I will make my dining reservations next week as normal, but I’m not holding out much hope that I will go in September. I can’t justify the expense of a trip with what I feel will be heavy crowds. I hope I’m wrong, but...
I’m glad you got what you wanted! Everyone stay safe!

I'm right there with you. January/February is looking better and better. I'll have to swallow the change fee for my flight, but lesser crowds are worth it. Not make any decisions yet but I'm definitely thinking about it.

I got another email from Touring Plans changing pretty much everything they had sent earlier . Not sure if the first was sent in error ? Some were changed back to what I originally had but others changed. Again , not worried about these numbers as I think they will change several times before September.

I got another email from Touring Plans changing pretty much everything they had sent earlier . Not sure if the first was sent in error ? Some were changed back to what I originally had but others changed. Again , not worried about these numbers as I think they will change several times before September.

Yup, I was about to post the same thing. I got the email at 10:32 pm last night. I think they screwed up and had to adjust everything back down. That was one email I was relieved to get!

I'm right there with you. January/February is looking better and better. I'll have to swallow the change fee for my flight, but lesser crowds are worth it. Not make any decisions yet but I'm definitely thinking about it.
February this year was the busiest that WDW has ever been. If you’re looking to avoid crowds I’d stick with September when everyone’s kids are back in school for the first time in 6 months.

February this year was the busiest that WDW has ever been. If you’re looking to avoid crowds I’d stick with September when everyone’s kids are back in school for the first time in 6 months.
Shhhhhhhh! If they want to move to next Jan/Feb then that would be fine, wink wink.
Just kidding in all fun, it is sound advice.
9/13-9/21 BWI for us.

I’m feeling a little guilty thinking so much about my (our) upcoming trip. With all that is going on, living in a “essential workers only” state where me, a truck driver, my wife, a postal carrier, and my two college age kids, grocery store clerks, are all still working. I can’t reschedule Disney for next year so if the mrs and I don’t go in September, we won’t be rescheduling for years. I don’t know if I can handle that.

Just found this forum. We are booked in a 1bd at Bay Lake Tower from 9/12-9/19. DVC owners and usually stay studio but taking our two nieces for their first Disney trip along with my husband, 10 year old son and 2 year old daughter. I am going to read through the forum now but I am sure many others have shown concerns about crowd levels during this period of time since the pandemic. Happy to have found this forum :-)

I’m feeling a little guilty thinking so much about my (our) upcoming trip. With all that is going on, living in a “essential workers only” state where me, a truck driver, my wife, a postal carrier, and my two college age kids, grocery store clerks, are all still working. I can’t reschedule Disney for next year so if the mrs and I don’t go in September, we won’t be rescheduling for years. I don’t know if I can handle that.

I’ve been feeling the same way a little bit then I tell myself we need to help stimulate the economy again for those that are able to....... We have a trip planned in September and then just yesterday I booked a cruise(found a superb deal with carnival for five people ) for next February and I haven’t told anybody because of that guilt....... I’m definitely not going to be sharing my joy with anybody as I know a lot of people are struggling
and from what I hear truck drivers out there are working their tails off you’re gonna need a vacation, you’re going to deserve it! Thank you!

I think I would be more hesitant to book in Jan/feb as this is often the peak of flu season and we could see covid-19 at that time too. Look at the historical patterns of the Spanish influenza and H1N1 to help you make your best guess on a good time to go. We are being told that vaccine is a year away...so that is something to watch too.

I am probably going to try and purchase airline tickets for September soon. Hoping it all works out the best

It is good to have something to look forward to in such challenging times. I work as frontline healthcare provider and look to your post about your trip plans to help remind me that “normal“ life will return. I appreciate all of you who are essential workers and all of you who are trying to minimize the spread by staying home. ❤

Hang in there everyone.

Last edited:
I’ve been feeling the same way a little bit then I tell myself we need to help stimulate the economy again for those that are able to....... We have a trip planned in September and then just yesterday I booked a cruise(found a superb deal with carnival for five people ) for next February and I haven’t told anybody because of that guilt....... I’m definitely not going to be sharing my joy with anybody as I know a lot of people are struggling
and from what I hear truck drivers out there are working their tails off you’re gonna need a vacation, you’re going to deserve it! Thank you!
Same here, perfectly stated. We had a trip for November booked, but my husbands job just blacked out November for vacation days due to their busy season being moved from everything that is going on currently. I considered canceling altogether, but ultimately decided that the economy needs to be stimulated again at some point.

Even though it feels a little irresponsible since I know so many that are currently out of work, it’s giving me something to look forward to in these (quite frankly) bleak days.

We are going to be doing a split stay between Pop and the Poly from 9/24-10/3 and hopefully things will have returned to a somewhat state of “normal” by then!

Doing our ADRs tomorrow and I can’t wait!

Me and DH is going Sept. 2nd to Sept 23rd, staying at POFQ.

I wish I knew if our trip will go ahead or not. We're from the UK, so I'm also worrying that even if the parks are open by the time we 're meant to go, there might still be travel restrictions in place. Wether it's the US restricting international travellers coming in or wether the UK will still be in lockdown or anything like that.

The thing is as well, that we've already bought our plane tickets, and as a once in a lifetime experience we booked first class for our return leg as that's an overnight flight. Those tickets weren't cheap, so I'd hate to loose out.

Saw that Disney is offering a new package with free dining for people whose trips were affected by this. Looks like September is a victim here. Deal is for June 1st through Sept 30th

Saw that, and immediate response was NOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I feel for people displaced, I really do. But, Disney really should have extended this deal to the end of the year, at the very least, if not until March 1, 2021.

Trying to cram 3 months worth of people into 4 months, instead of over the course of several months just seems like a bad idea to me. It will make for a miserable experience. And I guess my question is....what if attractions are down? So, then, these crowds are spread between even fewer attractions which makes the crowdedness even worse.

And then....what are they going to do if they limit capacity? Is it smart to try to RS everyone prior to Sept 30th? Rather, by spreading it over a longer period of time, I'd hope that it wouldn't affect capacity too much.

Saw that, and immediate response was NOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I feel for people displaced, I really do. But, Disney really should have extended this deal to the end of the year, at the very least, if not until March 1, 2021.

Trying to cram 3 months worth of people into 4 months, instead of over the course of several months just seems like a bad idea to me. It will make for a miserable experience. And I guess my question is....what if attractions are down? So, then, these crowds are spread between even fewer attractions which makes the crowdedness even worse.

And then....what are they going to do if they limit capacity? Is it smart to try to RS everyone prior to Sept 30th? Rather, by spreading it over a longer period of time, I'd hope that it wouldn't affect capacity too much.

I agree with your Noooo statement! We are arriving September 27, paid for dining and rack rate for our stay at POR. I bought airfare yesterday and book dining this week. I think Disney should offer those affected with a similar package for the next 12 months. Time will tell.

You’re right, I don’t know about “deserve”, but I’ll need it. You convinced me to buy my airfare. Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter