***Official September 2020 Thread***

Our trip is beginning of September. We are just waiting to see how the virus is going and how much is changed at Disney. We also don't want to go if it’s packed. My husband is convinced it won’t be due to recession. I guess we will see on all counts.

Made our dining on Thursday and got everything DIL wanted for hers and DGD's first trip! Completely different restaurants than we normally eat in but for DGD we'll deal with it :goodvibes

Hi everybody! I'm also a member of the "Had a Disney trip scheduled for early May, but then re-scheduled to September" crowd. At the time that I re-scheduled, I was unaware of this new offer that Disney has (we wouldn't be eligible anyway since we are offsite), but now I'm worried that September is going to be a madhouse.

I may need to re-schedule again to May 2021 if September 2020 looks like it's going to be insane.

Hi everybody! I'm also a member of the "Had a Disney trip scheduled for early May, but then re-scheduled to September" crowd. At the time that I re-scheduled, I was unaware of this new offer that Disney has (we wouldn't be eligible anyway since we are offsite), but now I'm worried that September is going to be a madhouse.

I may need to re-schedule again to May 2021 if September 2020 looks like it's going to be insane.
I am in the same boat and worried about the same thing! I purposely picked September to move my date to for lower crowds, even if it would be hot. To me, lower crowds would be worth withstanding the heat and humidity but now I might consider scrapping altogether. I had confirmed my reservation the day before the new promotion and was so excited to start planning. When I saw the promotion and everyone that moved their trip to September, I felt a little defeated even though I’m guilty of moving my trip too.

I think crowds will still be lower than normal. A lot of people will be scared to travel still, unable to due to loss of a job or financial reasons and who knows what the overseas restrictions will be at that time (might still be some travel bans). I told DH IF we get to still go that means we both still have a job and the money is still there to be able to take the trip and for that, I will not complain about crowds (OK I will try hard not to complain). At this point, I will just be happy that we are there.

The crowds will be fine. They’ll probably be busier than a normal September but it’s almost certainly going to be the quietest time until September 2021.

Why? No one will want their kids to miss the first month of actual school they’ve had since early March, and international travel will be minimal as it takes longer to plan. So it’ll be only US/Canada families with very small kids (me) and childless couples. And on the weekends, more locals than usual.

I agree in not feeling the crowds will be overwhelming. For whatever reason the majority of my clients eligible for the offer ARE rebooking for September but for all the reasons listed by @Mrs Grumpy and @CastAStone I think it'll be ok. And honestly our Sept. trips the last 2 years weren't THAT low crowd anyway!

Hello everyone, I am a displaced May trip. I went last year the last week of September then again in early November, and then was looking forward to a Flower and Garden trip, which is not going to be in the cards this year. So back to the end of September again! Planning for 9/18-9/26. I am looking forward to another Food & Wine week.

I chose September as with the schools out and doing on line schooling for the rest of this year and Aug/Sept first time back in school I don’t feel people will want to take their children out of school for Disney.

Does anyone know what time the fireworks are during the Halloween party? Non party nights looks like 8:00. I have a 7:45 reservation at Ohana’s. Never been for dinner so don’t know know how much I’ll see anyway. Thanks for any insight.

Hi all! 👋 I am moving over here from April. We have moved our vacation to September 15-22 at the Poly. Luckily we were able to keep everything the same with our package, and it will even cost a little less due to the FD recovery promo. It will be our first time staying at a deluxe resort, our first trip to WDW for our toddler, and a now late birthday celebration for me. Here's to hoping everything is back up and running as magically as ever come September! 💛

It felt surreal booking dining reservations with Disney completely shut down. We are hoping for the best with our late September reservations. On the upside everything seems to be wide open.

It felt surreal booking dining reservations with Disney completely shut down. We are hoping for the best with our late September reservations. On the upside everything seems to be wide open.
It does feel strange. I'll be staying offsite so booking each day as they open up on the 180 day mark, got everything so far for reservations - Ohana and BOG, now just waiting to book Jiko in a few days and that'll be me all set :-)

Hello all,
We have cancelled our May trip and will be staying Sept. 19 - 26 at SSR. Disappointed a bit because our May res. was at Riviera, but at least got to book a time when there's a Moonlight Magic event. Just need to get some dining booked and change our flights.

Honestly, ADRs gave the wife and I something to look forward to during all of this craziness. Now we have FP+ to plan, which we're basically viewing as a light at the end of the tunnel (if that makes sense).

For anyone interested, I thought I'd share this. I own a little stock in Disney, so I keep track of their financial news. The experts are expecting "widespread closures" to last through the end of June. I'm sorry, I don't mean to be negative Nellie, but I can't help but wonder what that will do to our September visits. Shanghai Disney closed January 25th. Almost 6 weeks later they opened some shopping, dining, and "leisure activities". Almost 4 weeks later they haven't announced an official opening date.

Disney closed the parks on March 12th. March 27th they announced they will remain closed "indefinitely". The earliest resort reservation that can be made right now is June 1st.

Somebody convince me why I should remain optimistic.

Morgan Stanley trims Disney target on outbreak hit
Apr. 1, 2020 10:56 AM ET|About: The Walt Disney Company (DIS)|By: Jason Aycock, SA News Editor

• Morgan Stanley has cut the price target on a Walt Disney company (DIS -1%) that's caught in the "crosshairs" of a recession and global pandemic.

• Widespread closures expected through the end of June will hit a variety of the company's businesses, analyst Benjamin Swinburne writes: parks and resorts, retail stores, global movie theaters, and live sports broadcasts.

• He's still overweight on the stock, and sees an "entry point worth the risk" in the company's recent decline (down 30% from November).
But he's cutting his price target to $130 from $170 (currently implying 36% upside).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter