**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

I finally bit the bullet and bought tickets. I was so back and forth about the cost because I had to buy 9 tickets since my mom and Dad are going with us.

We are celebrating my 17 year olds one year alive. Last year, on his 16th birthday, he was riding with a friend on a Kawasaki 4 seater utility vehicle, and the friend lost control. It landed on my son and basically crushed everything between his neck and hips. His spine was broken in 7 places, scapula crushed, ribs broken in 12+ places, liver crushed, one lung crushed one lung punctured, they had to remove the crushed lung, hips crushed, several other internal injuries I won’t get into. Anyway, he was on life support and in the ICU for 6 weeks. We were pulled aside 3 separate times and told that he was probably not going to make it. Well, he made it and has gone through lots of therapies and surgeries, and is a walking, talking miracle. You wouldn’t even know what he has been through this last year by looking at him or talking to him.

One of the things my son told me was that when he was laying in the field, feeling like he was drowning because he couldn’t breathe and in so much pain, he had his life memories start playing before him. He saw the trips we took him on as a kid and it brought him Peace in the middle of the pain. It has been 6 years since we have been to Disney. We have never done FP+, and every park has a new ride or land since we have been. We are so excited. If any other Disser’s are there on 09/24, that is the day we are going to the Star Wars dessert party.
What an incredible story — he and your whole family deserve the MOST magical trip! Hope that it is incredible!!

We are celebrating my 17 year olds one year alive. Last year, on his 16th birthday, he was riding with a friend on a Kawasaki 4 seater utility vehicle, and the friend lost control. It landed on my son and basically crushed everything between his neck and hips. His spine was broken in 7 places, scapula crushed, ribs broken in 12+ places, liver crushed, one lung crushed one lung punctured, they had to remove the crushed lung, hips crushed, several other internal injuries I won’t get into. Anyway, he was on life support and in the ICU for 6 weeks. We were pulled aside 3 separate times and told that he was probably not going to make it. Well, he made it and has gone through lots of therapies and surgeries, and is a walking, talking miracle. You wouldn’t even know what he has been through this last year by looking at him or talking to .
What a miracle! I know it will be a very special trip!

I finally bit the bullet and bought tickets. I was so back and forth about the cost because I had to buy 9 tickets since my mom and Dad are going with us.

We are celebrating my 17 year olds one year alive. Last year, on his 16th birthday, he was riding with a friend on a Kawasaki 4 seater utility vehicle, and the friend lost control. It landed on my son and basically crushed everything between his neck and hips. His spine was broken in 7 places, scapula crushed, ribs broken in 12+ places, liver crushed, one lung crushed one lung punctured, they had to remove the crushed lung, hips crushed, several other internal injuries I won’t get into. Anyway, he was on life support and in the ICU for 6 weeks. We were pulled aside 3 separate times and told that he was probably not going to make it. Well, he made it and has gone through lots of therapies and surgeries, and is a walking, talking miracle. You wouldn’t even know what he has been through this last year by looking at him or talking to him.

One of the things my son told me was that when he was laying in the field, feeling like he was drowning because he couldn’t breathe and in so much pain, he had his life memories start playing before him. He saw the trips we took him on as a kid and it brought him Peace in the middle of the pain. It has been 6 years since we have been to Disney. We have never done FP+, and every park has a new ride or land since we have been. We are so excited. If any other Disser’s are there on 09/24, that is the day we are going to the Star Wars dessert party.
Truly touching ! God Bless and have the best trip EVER !

Your post simultaneously brought tears to my eyes and took my breath away! We're going to miss you by two days...our party is on 9/22...but I wish we were going to be there on the 24th so I could meet you and your beautiful family.

I think every penny of this party will be worth it for your family...we went in April and absolutely loved it. Enjoy, and thank you for sharing your son's story! I'll be thinking of your family when we're there. :)

Thank you so much for all of the kind words!! We are so excited.
I didn't realize that my post had pictures of my kids from so long ago! It has been 9 years since I have been on the boards. This is a picture of my son on September 24th last year and one of him last night. I also included a picture of my family so if any of my fellow dissers see us, say HI!

IMG_3555.jpg IMG_8726.JPG IMG_5750.jpg

What a frightening story, smithpack!! As I read your second paragraph, I was holding my breath until you last 2 sentences there. What a miracle, for sure!! God bless.

Enjoy your upcoming trip. So well deserved. :hug:'s

Thank you so much for all of the kind words!! We are so excited.
I didn't realize that my post had pictures of my kids from so long ago! It has been 9 years since I have been on the boards. This is a picture of my son on September 24th last year and one of him last night. I also included a picture of my family so if any of my fellow dissers see us, say HI!

View attachment 349485 View attachment 349486 View attachment 349488
What a great looking family, both then and now, smithpack. Your son, last year, my goodness. :hug:'s

Looks like I'll have to come up with some extra Pixie dust on the 24th.
I'm sure you will, FP. :tinker:

You are so nice. Are you going to be at the party that night?
He is.

I will certainly make a point of trying to be there either as CM or as a visitor.

Just back from WDW and had a wonderful time. The highlight of our trip was NOT the dessert party. There were only 65 people and the food, was NOTHING like pictured. They had trays of both savories and dessert, but looked just like I would have had in my home. No sabers with cheese and tomatoes and the like. Nothing was decorated as being star wars, it looked like it could have been any other place, wedding etc.The alcohol and Frozen Nutella were great and having reserved area for fireworks was also good. We are serious Star Wars fans and were disappointed that the characters were the same ones during the day that you could have pics with, and we had our pics done with them. We thought for sure there would be different ones at the party. All in all, it wasn't worth the money and we told them so.

I found it interesting that the Storm Troopers are mostly women. Men are too bulky for the costumes so they use mostly women.

Last edited:
Just back from WDW and had a wonderful time. The highlight of our trip was NOT the dessert party. There were only 65 people and the food, was NOTHING like pictured. They had trays of both savories and dessert, but looked just like I would have had in my home. No sabers with cheese and tomatoes and the like. Nothing was decorated as being star wars, it looked like it could have been any other place, wedding etc.The alcohol and Frozen Nutella were great and having reserved area for fireworks was also good. We are serious Star Wars fans and were disappointed that the characters were the same ones during the day that you could have pics with, and we had our pics done with them. We thought for sure there would be different ones at the party. All in all, it wasn't worth the money and we told them so.

I found it interesting that the Storm Troopers are mostly women. Men are too bulky for the costumes so they use mostly women.
I'm sorry the party wasn't up to your expectations.
The desserts and food have changed from the original incarnation, its been a while since the changes and there are full reviews with pictures posted on page one so maybe you sae pictures from a very old party
The party never offered any additional characters other than Kylo, they didn't even offer characters until very recently.
Not sure what to say to the female stormtrooper comment.

the food, was NOTHING like pictured. They had trays of both savories and dessert, but looked just like I would have had in my home. No sabers with cheese and tomatoes and the like.
That's the latest version.
Nothing was decorated as being star wars, it looked like it could have been any other place, wedding etc.
That's an accurate assessment of the actual party venue, however everything surrounding it is SW themed.
We are serious Star Wars fans and were disappointed that the characters were the same ones during the day that you could have pics with, and we had our pics done with them. We thought for sure there would be different ones at the party.
There are no actual characters for the party at the party. Even the Stormtroopers are not specifically part of the party.
I'm curious as to where you got that information. I know, see and talk to many of the friends of the Stormtroopers on a regular basis and none have been woman. If you could see the costumes with no one in it, you'd notice that they are very roomy and can easily accommodate a larger man.

This story took my breath away. Truly remarkable! You’re family is going to love the trip you planned

I know this is OT, but I thought this awesome group might indulge me...

Just saw an A-MAZING screening of Star Wars Episode IV with the LIVE National Symphony Orchestra at Kennedy Center!

Awesome movie — as we all know, INCREDIBLE score — as we all well know, and a lot of REAL FANS in the audience!! They booed with Greedo’s shot, and cheered for someone who yelled “HAN SHOT FIRST!” My kind of people. :) :darth: :chewy:

I'm thinking about booking this for our trip in March 2019, but I can't find it listed ANYWHERE on the MDE / Disney website. I opened up the dates for Sept - March, I looked under events and regular dining, and it's nowhere. Are we sure it is coming back after the Christmas fireworks?

I'm thinking about booking this for our trip in March 2019, but I can't find it listed ANYWHERE on the MDE / Disney website. I opened up the dates for Sept - March, I looked under events and regular dining, and it's nowhere. Are we sure it is coming back after the Christmas fireworks?
Way too soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter