***Official Super December 2018 Thread***

Help! (first time poster and lurker- my coworker told me about this site!) Im a Wilderness Lodger:P
I booked my Disney vacation for Dec 8-13 2018 YESTERDAY and just read the thread about the free dining....looks like that ended on the 31st?! :(
Im currently trying to chat with a Disney representative.

One more question:
If new promotions come about throughout the next year, can I contact Disney and they will update my package?
Say if Disney offers 20% off certain rooms later on down the line.

Help! (first time poster and lurker- my coworker told me about this site!) Im a Wilderness Lodger:P
I booked my Disney vacation for Dec 8-13 2018 YESTERDAY and just read the thread about the free dining....looks like that ended on the 31st?! :(
Im currently trying to chat with a Disney representative.

One more question:
If new promotions come about throughout the next year, can I contact Disney and they will update my package?
Say if Disney offers 20% off certain rooms later on down the line.

The FD offer that ended on Oct. 31st was bookable only if you were currently staying at a Disney resort. The good news is, if a promotion comes out for your timeframe, you can call and apply the discount to your package if their is availability for your resort, room category, dates. Check back around the end of April for December discounts. FD is typically offered during this time to the general public, usually with December dates. There is no guarantee that this will be the promotion again this coming April, but many people are hopeful.

Ok, folks! I think the roll call is up to date. Let me know if I missed anyone or something's inaccurate.

Last edited:

well, Im joining in here, I'm not exactly sure of the dates yet but I want to follow this thread. We weren't 100 percent decided yet of when we were going November or December but I think tonight we made a choice of the second week in December. This will be my first time going during the holiday time and I am super excited about that!! This will also be a girls trip with my mom, Aunt, and cousin. I'm leaving Hubs and the kids behind... Even though this is over a year away I'm already so excited and cant wait to plan!!

Adding our family to the list! Joining my parents and sisters for our bi-annual holiday trip. Two of my five kids have committed, but I may have more join in the fun. Our dates are December 9-16. We booked three rooms at Pop with the bounceback FD offer. I'm keeping an eye out for a two bedroom villa if the offer becomes public in April. We are also thinking of renting points. Too far out to get an idea of availability or cost with DVC.

well, Im joining in here, I'm not exactly sure of the dates yet but I want to follow this thread. We weren't 100 percent decided yet of when we were going November or December but I think tonight we made a choice of the second week in December. This will be my first time going during the holiday time and I am super excited about that!! This will also be a girls trip with my mom, Aunt, and cousin. I'm leaving Hubs and the kids behind... Even though this is over a year away I'm already so excited and cant wait to plan!!

Welcome! If you give me dates I can add you to the roll call.

Adding our family to the list! Joining my parents and sisters for our bi-annual holiday trip. Two of my five kids have committed, but I may have more join in the fun. Our dates are December 9-16. We booked three rooms at Pop with the bounceback FD offer. I'm keeping an eye out for a two bedroom villa if the offer becomes public in April. We are also thinking of renting points. Too far out to get an idea of availability or cost with DVC.

Welcome! I added you to the roll call at pop for now. Let me know if you'd like to change it down the road. If you google dvc calculator you can find out point amounts for the properties your are interested in and then see what people on the rent board are charging. If you have a place you love you can get someone lined up right at the 11 month window.

I think I've gone crazy! We are planning a Christmas trip with 15 kids and grandkids!! next Christmas, 12/12/18- ? Shades of green and Wilderness lodge... HELP!!!

Please add me to the list for 12/2 & 12/3 at WL and 12/4 - 12/9 for AK Villas. We just got back about 2 weeks ago now and I already booked part of our trip for next year 12/2 - 12/4/18 at WL. The rest of the trip will have to wait until May since we'll hopefully be staying at AKV. Third time at WL and first time for AKV. Very excited! I am in love with those 2 resorts particularly during the holiday season. Just stunning! I have to say December is the time for me. I enjoyed the weather in October but there's just something about the holiday season at WDW. :love:

Last edited:
I'm so excited to be joining in for our family's first trip to Disney World (and Universal Studios Orlando)!

December 7-11 | RPR at Universal
December 11-19 | WL

I have a year to save up for this and I hope I can do it, because I totally want to go all out on this one! Can't Wait! It's me, my hubby, my will be 16 year old son and my will be 13 year old daughter!

Ok y'all, I think the thread is up to date. Let me know if not.

I saw some surprising news about the school calendar for next year. Because of the way the holidays fall, leave won't start until 12/24. Usually, we have the full week before Christmas off.

I'm not sure we will be able to go now in December. If we do our dates would need to change to after Christmas, and I'm not sure I, or more importantly, DH, can handle the crowds.

In early planning stages...like not even booked yet. Going to try to rent points again. Have narrowed my hopes down to Poly, BLT, WL or Beach Club. Stayed at BLT this past October and loved it. Even if I can’t secure points I will probably book a stay at POFQ.

Looking at either the week of December 9th or December 16th.

December 9th-14th me hubby 5 and 12 year old daughters staying at pop hubby and I both went in high school haven’t been back since

Large family vacation (14 of us) going from December 3rd thru the 13th staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Love the Xmas time of the year. Followed the thread as well...

Ok y'all, I think the thread is up to date. Let me know if not.

I saw some surprising news about the school calendar for next year. Because of the way the holidays fall, leave won't start until 12/24. Usually, we have the full week before Christmas off.

I'm not sure we will be able to go now in December. If we do our dates would need to change to after Christmas, and I'm not sure I, or more importantly, DH, can handle the crowds.
Wow, I wonder if my school is the same? I certainly hope not, I'm considering a trip around 12/15...

Joining in here! My brother, sister-in-law, and I are going 12/6 - 12/9. Still trying to decide where we'll be staying, but GF or Poly are at the top of our list as of right now. It'll be their first MVMCP and it might as well be mine...I went to one when I was 9 years old but I have literally no memory of it. It'll also be their first time staying at a deluxe and my first time staying at a MK-area resort!

Does anyone know when they will release the dates for the Moonlight Magic Event for December?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!