***Official Super December 2018 Thread***

I leave in less than a week and now I’m questioning half my dining reservations!
I hate that! Which places?

I usually have a set plan and then change at least 1 or 2 during the trip based on changes in taste or levels of fullness haha

I hate that! Which places?

I usually have a set plan and then change at least 1 or 2 during the trip based on changes in taste or levels of fullness haha
Garden Grill breakfast - I wanted to try since I’ve never been it but now there’s a decent chance I’ll end up there in August with the dis meet so do I need to spend the money now. But the food looks so good!

LTT - went there in August and absolutely loved the food, but had been caught in the rain so I was freezing the whole meal. I’d like to do it properly, but it may feel odd solo. Plus if I drop it I could probably fit Homecomin’ in its place nicely.

Plaza Breakfast - another id like to try since I’ve never eaten here and dinner meal doesn’t appeal to me. But it’s on my free morning when I’m planning to resort hop and whatnot. Since I’ll just end up ordering eggs It almost feels like it would make more sense to just get quick service at pop.

Second BOG Lunch - I really think I’m going to drop this one cause lunch reviews seem eh. I planned a second lunch since it seemed like a good use of my credit but now I’m thinking it would be easier to do a regular CS at MK so I’m a little less tied to a schedule.

Since I’m solo and only my opinion matters it is a lot harder to decide!

It is getting real! Today I got an email that our magic bands have shipped and when I got home from work, our ME package came :dancer:.

Yes! We got our ME tags in the mail on Wednesday too. It finally hit me that the trip is so close! We haven't flown in 3 years, so the kids are really excited!

My brother is going to join us!!! Yay!!
He didnt think he could cause he is a teacher and his holiday break wasnt lining up but he’s going to fly up and miss only one park day. Now to get him some fp.

Garden Grill breakfast - I wanted to try since I’ve never been it but now there’s a decent chance I’ll end up there in August with the dis meet so do I need to spend the money now. But the food looks so good!

LTT - went there in August and absolutely loved the food, but had been caught in the rain so I was freezing the whole meal. I’d like to do it properly, but it may feel odd solo. Plus if I drop it I could probably fit Homecomin’ in its place nicely.

Plaza Breakfast - another id like to try since I’ve never eaten here and dinner meal doesn’t appeal to me. But it’s on my free morning when I’m planning to resort hop and whatnot. Since I’ll just end up ordering eggs It almost feels like it would make more sense to just get quick service at pop.

Second BOG Lunch - I really think I’m going to drop this one cause lunch reviews seem eh. I planned a second lunch since it seemed like a good use of my credit but now I’m thinking it would be easier to do a regular CS at MK so I’m a little less tied to a schedule.

Since I’m solo and only my opinion matters it is a lot harder to decide!

Ohhh those are some tough choices!

If it were me I would say skipping GG and BoG would be fine. GG is fun, but I always feel let down by that cinnamon roll haha. I’ve eaten at BoG multiple times and I feel lunch can be really overrated (gasp, I know). Some swear by it and say its the best MK QS, but I feel like some of the options are just disappointing. It may be a better “value” than some on a DP based on prices though.

Is LTT lunch or dinner? It is apparently offering weekly specials for lunch now. This convinced me to make it a lunch rather than dinner just so we can have some more options. The one review I saw was a crustless pot pie and looked delicious! Homecomin’ is always on my list, but then I never end up in DS long enough for a meal. I will get there eventually.

Plaza breakfast also seems very tempting. I have only read positive reviews! I can see dropping it though if you will use a QS credit vs a TS credit on it for breakfast.
I do not envy your choices, but I am sure you will make the right ones! Being solo can be freeing, but it does make decisions like this even harder.

Ohhh those are some tough choices!

If it were me I would say skipping GG and BoG would be fine. GG is fun, but I always feel let down by that cinnamon roll haha. I’ve eaten at BoG multiple times and I feel lunch can be really overrated (gasp, I know). Some swear by it and say its the best MK QS, but I feel like some of the options are just disappointing. It may be a better “value” than some on a DP based on prices though.

Is LTT lunch or dinner? It is apparently offering weekly specials for lunch now. This convinced me to make it a lunch rather than dinner just so we can have some more options. The one review I saw was a crustless pot pie and looked delicious! Homecomin’ is always on my list, but then I never end up in DS long enough for a meal. I will get there eventually.

Plaza breakfast also seems very tempting. I have only read positive reviews! I can see dropping it though if you will use a QS credit vs a TS credit on it for breakfast.
I do not envy your choices, but I am sure you will make the right ones! Being solo can be freeing, but it does make decisions like this even harder.
Oh I didn't realize the cinnamon roll was a letdown! That was the part I was most looking forward to, good to know!

Liberty Tree is a dinner and actually the same day as the plaza so lunch wouldn't work out that day. I guess if I keep only one it should be Plaza since that'll be a new experience. I have the same problem with Disney Springs. I always put it in my schedule because I'd like to try some of the restaurants, but it's the first thing to go when rearranging plans. I would really like to try the VOID so that's part of my push to get there too.

Thanks, it was helpful to get someone else's thoughts! I have already driven everyone in the real world nuts with Disney talk so they don't want to hear it anymore!!

Oh I didn't realize the cinnamon roll was a letdown! That was the part I was most looking forward to, good to know!

Liberty Tree is a dinner and actually the same day as the plaza so lunch wouldn't work out that day. I guess if I keep only one it should be Plaza since that'll be a new experience. I have the same problem with Disney Springs. I always put it in my schedule because I'd like to try some of the restaurants, but it's the first thing to go when rearranging plans. I would really like to try the VOID so that's part of my push to get there too.

Thanks, it was helpful to get someone else's thoughts! I have already driven everyone in the real world nuts with Disney talk so they don't want to hear it anymore!!
The cinnamon roll always looks DELICIOUS, but I find it to be extremely dry. My family and I usually cut out the very center and share that and leave about 2/3 untouched.

I completely understand. Pretty sure everyone surrounded by me gets sick of hearing all my Disney ideas/proposals/changes. It is always nice to have a place where people talk Disney nonstop :)

see ya'll tomorrow. waaahoooo.... This warm weather will be nice not freezing getting out of the pool. but i was hoping for a colder candlelight.

Ok I am NUTS!!! My daughter and I always discussed going to Disney after she turned 21 so she could go to Epcot and enjoy some libations!! Didn't make plans, but my hubby reminded her around her birthday and now we are going!!! 2 weeks people. We are staying at Port Orleans Riverside preferred room. I purchased flights this morning. I get tickets tomorrow from the military base. Yep no fastpasses….no dining reservations!!! WHY!!!! Pray for me and my sanity. December 16-19, Port Orleans Riverside preferred room.

Leaving home at 3 am Tuesday morning. Who invented 6 am flights?! Not a morning person here, can ya tell? LOL
My son will be home to take care of everything, but I hate coming home to a messy house, so instead of packing... I'm cleaning.

Last edited:
Leaving home at 3 am Tuesday morning. Who invented 6 am flights?! Not a morning person here, can ya tell? LOL
My son will be home to take care of everything, but I hate coming home to a messy house, so instead of packing... I'm cleaning. LOL.

I'm also not a morning person and am now kicking myself for booking a 5:40 am flight. It seemed like a brilliant plan when I booked it, but I'm no longer seeing the brilliance. We're heading to Epcot as soon as we arrive and staying until close. We're going to look and feel like the walking dead by the time the park closes.

I'm also not a morning person and am now kicking myself for booking a 5:40 am flight. It seemed like a brilliant plan when I booked it, but I'm no longer seeing the brilliance. We're heading to Epcot as soon as we arrive and staying until close. We're going to look and feel like the walking dead by the time the park closes.

I thought the same think when I went to book our flight. Said to myself "6 am, hey, could have the whole day in Disney!" then reality hit me and I booked the one we'd actually make without the lack-of-sleep nausea I get. Then my airline decided to cancel my nice afternoon flight with almost no one on it and pop us on this one (packed full) but I did call and manage to book the middle seat so we can collapse for 3 hours without having to sit as though waiting for the queen to arrive.

I'm leaving on Tuesday as well and I'm really regretting not taking tomorrow off work. I hope they are expecting me to do a whole lot of nothing!

Oh man. I feel for you - I need that day before to pack.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter