****Official Thanksgiving 2020 Thread****

Wow, not much availability today for ADRS! Got what I wanted, just not always my date or time preference. Good luck to those tomorrow.

Ugghhh, really?! Which reservations did you have the most trouble with?

I had to flip our Sci-Fi days and get it later in the week, no reservations to Liberty Tree on Thanksgiving after 3 pm. I think there is nothing left now for it at all. Also, even Skippers was hard to get a time past 4 pm on 11/20. Chef Mickey's only had later ADRs, nothing at 8 am. Only 10 am and later.

It just seemed like they have very reduced capacity and not many slots. This is a 6th trip and it just seemed really hard compared to the past to get what I wanted. Just gonna be flexible this trip (and stress about potential wait times;) )

Ugh. This is discouraging news (about reservations during Thanksgiving week) We normally stay on property but are not this trip. I guess we'll just have to take what we can get. Today is the first day we can make reservations and I've yet to get through - online, MDE app or calling. (Still on hold)

Add us to the Thanksgiving roll call! We are staying at BWV Nov 20-27. Still not sure what to do about the kids being virtual (they are currently in-person learners and I hesitate to make any decisions or bring attention to our trip because we all know that may change!) We are waiting to tell our girls until it gets closer just in case. We were supposed to be headed to Disneyland in October and we had to cancel, obviously.

I was able to get all the ADRs I wanted, but not at the exact times I was hoping for. But I am ok with that, we are going to just ROLL WITH IT this year. I am looking forward to a trip that is more old-school with less structure and more exploration of things we don't normally do. We are fine with masks but I am not going to want to wait in lines all day due to no FP. I honestly don't know what our days will look like if the crowds rise but hours stay the same. I guess we will find out!

I was disconnected and now the number is busy and asking me to call again later. This is so frustrating. If I wasn't such a Disney nut I don't think I'd be as persistent. I wonder how many other first-timers or "take it or leave it Disney fans" are just saying, "This is too much work, let's go somewhere else for our vacation." ?

Thanks for the information. I began to wonder if Whispering Canyon is just going to be closed on Thanksgiving. Perhaps to help limit the amount of visitors in the resorts?

Maybe??? But it makes so little sense. For example, we're staying at OKW, but right now, I can't get a reservation at Olivia's on Thanksgiving day at all -- which seems crazy town. Not that I really want Olivia's -- just saying that seems bizarre.

I'm hoping it's a glitch of some kind and will be resolved. I did notice that between this morning and now Sanaa's hours have changed (lunch now goes until 4:55 instead of 2:00), so maybe they're just updating hours before releasing certain Thanksgiving day reservations. I'm holding out hope. :P

I had issues booking horseback riding yesterday. The CM said she couldn't see any availability for the entire week of our stay and she couldn't believe that to be true. After waiting for 1.5 hours, they took my number and said they would call me. I haven't heard again. Wondering if I should call again or if this is the same type of glitch yall are seeing?

The only other thing I can think of on lack of Thanksgiving ADRs is that Disney can sell out tickets and put the park at whatever capacity they want, but for indoor dining aren’t they still limited??? So say for easy math Disney is giving out 1,000 park reservations/day. So 1000 people were vying for maybe 100 dining spots. Now they up it to 10,000 park passes a day. But if they still only have 100 dining spots available those are going to be gone so much quicker! I am also wondering if they may not have as many ADRs at hotels to limit “resort hopping” and free up buses etc for actual guests. Guests of those hotels would be free to have a “walk-up” reservation though. I don’t know, just a thought! I’m certainly curious how the bus situation will work anyway. Unless they bring back more CM drivers, the transportation situation will be FAR worse than any line in the park I’m afraid!

Wow, not much availability today for ADRS! Got what I wanted, just not always my date or time preference. Good luck to those tomorrow.

Ugh . . . our ADR window opened this morning, was not able to get any of the reservations back that I originally had. So frustrating. Goodbye Thanksgiving Dinner at the Liberty Tree Tavern :(
This trip was originally a Spring Break trip and it was set up perfectly. Then COVID forced us to move it to Thanksgiving, and I again go perfect ADRs when the window originally opened back at 180 days . . . . then the next day was when they announced they were wiping out all future ADRs.
This sucks, we may be rebooking as this dining situation is just the last straw on a trip that won't have the same value, but still costs the same.

My day too... only half of the trip opened up for me to book and the week that is open, I only got 1 ADR out of 4 (breakfast). 😩

My day too... only half of the trip opened up for me to book and the week that is open, I only got 1 ADR out of 4 (breakfast). 😩
Yes, I forgot that part . . . the app didn't open up the full trip, but I was able to access my full trip dates once I got the laptop out and went to the full web site. I am guessing that glitch caused me to miss out on any possibility for Liberty Tree on Thanksgiving . . . a reservation for which was the only reason we selected MK as our park for that day. 😡

Yes, I forgot that part . . . the app didn't open up the full trip, but I was able to access my full trip dates once I got the laptop out and went to the full web site. I am guessing that glitch caused me to miss out on any possibility for Liberty Tree on Thanksgiving . . . a reservation for which was the only reason we selected MK as our park for that day. 😡

I tried both, didn’t open on either 🥺 I guess I’ll be calling this morning. Yay.

Thanks for the information. I began to wonder if Whispering Canyon is just going to be closed on Thanksgiving. Perhaps to help limit the amount of visitors in the resorts?

I was able to snag a Whispering Canyon for 1:00 on Thanksgiving Day. Honestly, I believe it has to do with restaurant capacity being so low due to darn COVID.

I did ADR's today. I got what I wanted, just some not at the times. But, I did score a great CRT - I know some may find it not worth it but we enjoy the atmosphere. Our last day is MK on the 29th, and I got a time of 6:45 pm. It will be a great way to close out our trip. I did get BOG for the 24th but at 3:15 which I can deal with but hoping maybe can move it later. Same with 50's for Thanksgiving, that is about the same time. The only other one I made right now is Coral Reef at EPCOT. So I'm happy I could at least get them and for the 2 early ones will keep trying to move them. We have a party of 6 so it's a little more difficult

wow - that was brutal.

I logged in 15 min past 6am EST due to a slight delay in kid related issues - and everything was gone - all we wanted was Whispering Canyon for Thanksgiving - it was totally gone. And I got a message that made no sense. I searched availability for ALL restaurants and it said there was NO dinner availability for 97 restaurants??? I mean....I get it. It's Thanksgiving but...wow.

I got something at Olivia's but....that's not even our 3rd choice. Is anyone else seeing weird stuff for this week?

Has anyone seen any Thanksgiving menu's come out yet? Usually we see some ideas of what restaurants are doing for Thanksgiving before now - I knew they would put it off as long as possible as nothing is the same this year - but i anticipated that at least on ADR week, they would come out? Maybe by the 26th??

I'm just using 2019 as a guide of what to expect at this point.

Also - has anyone done Olivia's for thanksgiving in the past? Is it All You Care To Enjoy? Or just one platter and that's it.

Our ADR also opened up this morning. We wanted LTT for Thanksgiving but as PP have said, all gone. I decided to look offerings at Disney Springs and did get Homecoming. I did take Cinderella’s Royal Table for a lunch at MK On Thanksgiving. Not sure if we’ll keep the reservation but at least we got something in the park.

Has anyone seen any Thanksgiving menu's come out yet? Usually we see some ideas of what restaurants are doing for Thanksgiving before now - I knew they would put it off as long as possible as nothing is the same this year - but i anticipated that at least on ADR week, they would come out? Maybe by the 26th??

I'm just using 2019 as a guide of what to expect at this point.

Also - has anyone done Olivia's for thanksgiving in the past? Is it All You Care To Enjoy? Or just one platter and that's it.

I have not seen anything yet! Usually they hold off as long as they can! It’s very frustrating.

I have not seen anything yet! Usually they hold off as long as they can! It’s very frustrating.

I actually went back to last year's DFB posts about Thanksgiving menus and it looks like the majority of the special Thanksgiving menus came out the first week of October. So we just have to wait one more week....

My problem is not availability in so much that there ARE restaurants available to book but - my husband expects to EAT on Thanksgiving....we were hoping for an All You Care to Enjoy situation.

Which is why we were banking on Whispering Canyon for the skillet refills for him. I'm fine with a plate of turkey - honestly i would probably prefer to order off the regular menu of wherever bc Turkey isn't my preference, but this is his #1 fave meal all year.

I set up the alerts...I keep checking as well because the system has been super weird. Either they increase capacity in the restaurants or someone cancels.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter