****Official Thanksgiving 2020 Thread****

I actually went back to last year's DFB posts about Thanksgiving menus and it looks like the majority of the special Thanksgiving menus came out the first week of October. So we just have to wait one more week....

My problem is not availability in so much that there ARE restaurants available to book but - my husband expects to EAT on Thanksgiving....we were hoping for an All You Care to Enjoy situation.

Which is why we were banking on Whispering Canyon for the skillet refills for him. I'm fine with a plate of turkey - honestly i would probably prefer to order off the regular menu of wherever bc Turkey isn't my preference, but this is his #1 fave meal all year.

I set up the alerts...I keep checking as well because the system has been super weird. Either they increase capacity in the restaurants or someone cancels.

Thanksgiving was the only day I got what I wanted. Still have a few more I’m trying for, but without park hopping, it’s making things even harder.

Thanksgiving was the only day I got what I wanted. Still have a few more I’m trying for, but without park hopping, it’s making things even harder.

oooo now I have to know - where are you going for thanksgiving dinner??

Who is watching the availability calendar and worrying about wait times for Thanksgiving week? HS is already showing no availability for most of the week for Theme Park Guests, Resort Guests, and Passholders. We already have all the days we need, but I am so nervous the lines will ruin the trip and the reviews are so mixed:(

We did Thanksgiving week 3 years ago and found it less crowded then Columbus Day week, but I feel like all bets are off for this year.....hahaha.

Staying offsite for Nov 20, then BWV Nov 21-28. Can't wait to do ADRs tomorrow!!!
We have never done Thanksgiving week. However, when my ADRs opened this morning, I could only get some of what I wanted. I am worried about not having FP, parks closing earlier, and monorail not running to Epcot. It will certainly be a very different trip for us.

Bull & Bear @ Waldorf has had an amazingly yummy Thanksgiving offering in the past. You may consider calling the hotel and inquiring on whether or not they will offer reservations this year. It‘a a lovely place and the service is fantastic!

One of the big reasons we have been willing to stick it out with this trip is because of the safety measures Disney has implemented. If they begin phasing out their social distancing plans and start packing people in like sardines, we will sadly after all of this have to cancel 😢.

If they begin phasing out their social distancing plans and start packing people in like sardines, we will sadly after all of this have to cancel

and that's exactly why I don't think Disney cares what DeSantis says - they aren't going to change anything. Especially since they still don't have Disneyland open yet - they just had a press conference about how safe everything is and why that should be a reason to open DL - they aren't going to make any hasty moves.

One of the big reasons we have been willing to stick it out with this trip is because of the safety measures Disney has implemented. If they begin phasing out their social distancing plans and start packing people in like sardines, we will sadly after all of this have to cancel 😢.

We probably wouldn't cancel; we have a non-refundable DVC rental. To be honest, WDW isn't going to say anything if they increase capacity; they will just do it quietly. However, if the parks or attractions are uncomfortable, then we will do something else/leave. If a restaurant has increased capacity, I will just walk in and right back out, especially since most people take off their masks the minute they sit down. I liked how it felt in July, even in DHS opening day when it was fairly crowded, but not normal Thanksgiving crowded right now. I wouldn't feel comfortable either if they go willy nilly with capacity.

As someone pointed out in another thread, WDW probably won't greatly increase capacity or reduce restrictions soon. They are trying to get California to agree to open Disneyland. If they appear too eager or too risky, California won't grant them permission to open. I think we are safe for a bit.

We have never done Thanksgiving week. However, when my ADRs opened this morning, I could only get some of what I wanted. I am worried about not having FP, parks closing earlier, and monorail not running to Epcot. It will certainly be a very different trip for us.

I am very worried about no fast passes, I have been watching the wait times on other sold out days and it seems really high! Still an hour wait for the good rides. I really hope they wanted. Hopefully so of the dining you want will open up as we get closer. I am still hoping someone dumps their 8 am Chef Mickey's on 11/22 when they realized they don't want to get up that early the night before;)

Joining in as we will be there from 11/25-29 in a Cars suite: myself, DH, and DS's 18 & 15. This will be our 5th Thanksgiving trip and it's honestly my favorite time to visit!

We stayed in a LM room for a few nights years ago but never a suite. The family is not excited as we usually stay deluxe but I've toured the LK and Nemo suites and think they're adorable and with 3 men I really need 2 bathrooms to keep my sanity!

DH and I have been twice since reopening, in July and last week. We LOVE not having FP and found the waits to be fine especially since the SB lines keep moving without FP. I know it'll be more crowded Thanksgiving than last week for sure even though it probably won't be normal Thanksgiving crowds, but still very much looking forward to it and we'll manage as we have other years. Because DH and I go multiple times a year we don't need to ride everything every time and as long as the kids get on a few select rides they're good. We'll probably end up playing mini golf at some point and may go over to CityWalk one night.

I did get everything we wanted dining-wise but we also usually end up changing our dining once there! Thanksgiving day we're at AK and will use our Landry's card for lunch at Yak & Yeti when we're ready to eat and then have dinner at the Boathouse.

Major expansion of park hours which include Thanksgiving week announced today!

Magic Kingdom
  • October 31, November 22 – 28: Park hours extended 9am to 9pm
  • October 30, November 1, November 6-21, November 29 – December 19: Park hours extended 9am to 8pm

EPCOT
  • October 31, November 22-28: Park hours extended 11am to 10pm
  • November 2 – 5: Park hours extended 11am to 8pm
  • October 30, November 1, November 6-21, November 29, December 4-6, December 11-19: Park hours extended 11am to 9pm
  • November 30, December 1-3, December 7-10, December 14-17: Park hours extended 12pm to 9pm
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
  • October 31: Park hours extended 7am to 6pm
  • October 30, November 1, November 6-8, November 13-15, November 20-21, November 29, December 4-6, December 11-13, December 18-19: Park hours extended 8am to 6pm
  • November 22-28: Park hours extended 8am to 8pm
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
No changes

Major expansion of park hours which include Thanksgiving week announced today!

Magic Kingdom
  • October 31, November 22 – 28: Park hours extended 9am to 9pm
  • October 30, November 1, November 6-21, November 29 – December 19: Park hours extended 9am to 8pm

EPCOT
  • October 31, November 22-28: Park hours extended 11am to 10pm
  • November 2 – 5: Park hours extended 11am to 8pm
  • October 30, November 1, November 6-21, November 29, December 4-6, December 11-19: Park hours extended 11am to 9pm
  • November 30, December 1-3, December 7-10, December 14-17: Park hours extended 12pm to 9pm
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
  • October 31: Park hours extended 7am to 6pm
  • October 30, November 1, November 6-8, November 13-15, November 20-21, November 29, December 4-6, December 11-13, December 18-19: Park hours extended 8am to 6pm
  • November 22-28: Park hours extended 8am to 8pm
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
No changes
Awesome news! thanks for the update!!

Now I just have to watch the dining reservations like a hawk to try to get a late Liberty Tree Tavern reservation for Thanksgiving dinner. I had one at the 180 day mark, only to have them wipe away all dining on day 178. Couldn’t get one at 60 days. It’s my wife’s one and only request for the entire trip as Thanksgiving is her favorite holiday and LTT is her favorite WDW restaurant.

With the extended hours... now I'll have to rearrange dining reservations. I'm not complaining, needed something to do anyways :joker:
I'm just glad they extended hours. Seems like it's going to be pretty busy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter