***Official*** Toy Story Land Information Thread

Thank you for this. I wasn't anywhere near WDW for the Pandora opening, so I wasn't paying much attention to the preview dates. I went in July. I will be there as a DVC/AP June 13th through 25th, so this breakdown helps with potential planning. In fact, if Disney uses the same playbook then my nephew chose the absolute perfect dates for our trip! Yippee!!

we r there the same dates as you over in AKL I just read this and was thinking the same for a DVC or AP preview. i actually might get lucky for once! i just want to experience something opening new down here. i never have been at the world for an opening of a new attraction or area. would be cool to just get to experience all of it.

I'm aware of the elements that were cut, but if they had left them in, it certainly wouldn't be opening on June 30th. I'm wondering if they were eliminated to reduce the construction time. Who knows, maybe they'll be put back in at a later date.
This isn’t a difficult land. Those cuts were made a long time ago. If Disney wanted to they could have had this land open in 2017. I don’t see the things cut being added in later at least in the way they were originally supposed to happen.

Well technically only one is original. Aliens is a clone of Mater's in Carsland and a clone of Shanghai's Woody's Round Up. I do wish our TSL had one more attraction for capacity purposes even if it is just one of those ones from the other lands.

I think Launch Bay is fine but the March is definitely weak.
I meant "original" in the loosest sense of the word. There's no Aliens ride anywhere else, despite the ride structure being a clone of Mater/Woody. I'm trying to give them SOME credit here. ;)

Only folks on The Dis could complain about new rides being added to a park that they complain about having too few rides.
I know! It's so easy to criticize over a computer screen. Perhaps booking a trip after it opens can make you think differently. If I remember right, Pandora had the same criticism. I know the tune has changed for that.

We have annual passes and will be there 6/7 to 6/15. Maybe a small chance of AP preview? Thinking that we might miss it by a few days :/

Lmao some people judging of course before anything's even open. Like usual

7dmt: kiddie ride, eyesore, doesn't fit in that area

Frozen: another frozen thing, disrespect to Norway, omg keeping the Maelstrom track but just redoing, frozen was years ago there's no more hype

Pandora: who's even seen this movie that is one of the highest grossing ever, movie was 10 years ago, there's no draw for this, the land will be empty within months, doesn't fit the AK theme

Hmmm..All are hits, all still drawing crowds. Of course anyone can doubt a new ride or land, but why not wait for judgement until you see it in person?

Disney is adding a land incorporating one of Disney's all time best movie series imo, adding more around Hollywood studios most popular ride, adding two rides that will be more children friendly in a teen/adult driven park.

I think Disney will have another big hit. My hotel is booked for June 30th with hopes of getting in an AP preview if they offer them
OMG, that is not how we roll. :goodvibes We have to do the following:

1. Before the ride opens speculate on anything and everything about it. Will it be successful? Will it flop? Will it die quickly? When will it open? (LOL, the last one has been a huge topic around here for weeks for TSL - now we know, June 30).

2. Once we know when it opens, we have to speculate about soft openings, CM previews, DVC previews and AP previews.

3. Everyone who had trips booked before the opening date and will miss the new thing has to fret about and ask whether they should change their trip or whether they will be able to get into a preview.

4. Everyone who has trips booked after the date has to fret what the crowds will be like, when FP+ will open, how will it compare to SDMT/FOP/etc.

5. After it opens everyone has to share what the ride is like, how unique it is, whether people of various body shapes will be able to ride it, and if it made them feel sick or not.

6. Everyone then has to discuss strategies for how to experience it - FP+, RD, EMH AM, EMH PM, EMM, or enter the line at park closing.

This is what DIS is. That is why we can't wait! ;)

:wizard:

We are taking a somewhat short trip for four days May 30 to June 3. I am now wondering if it is worth it to spend one of those precious days at Hollywood Studios. We do not have hoppers, so I feel as though we are going to waste a day if we go there. On the other hand, my 18 year old son loves Star Tours beyond anything else at WDW. Is there enough to do there for an entire day now?

Do we know yet if this new ride in Toy Story Land is going to be pooh size friendly? The latest trend with Flight of Passage and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train seems to indicate that Disney is headed down a path of no longer being plus size friendly. I really hope that the new rides coming out are not going to follow suit.

We are taking a somewhat short trip for four days May 30 to June 3. I am now wondering if it is worth it to spend one of those precious days at Hollywood Studios. We do not have hoppers, so I feel as though we are going to waste a day if we go there. On the other hand, my 18 year old son loves Star Tours beyond anything else at WDW. Is there enough to do there for an entire day now?
Only you can answer your last question. Look at the rides, shows and streetmosphere and see if it would fit a day for you and your family

Can someone explain soft openings and how they work? and if they could be possible for first week of May?

Only you can answer your last question. Look at the rides, shows and streetmosphere and see if it would fit a day for you and your family
I guess I’m just looking for opinions from those with more experience about whether it might make more sense to do another day at MK instead of HS since we do not have hoppers.

I think it depends on how busy the parks are when you go...We have AP's and always, always park hop HOWEVER when we went last month we had someone with us who didn't buy a hopper so we didn't park hop. (It was our DS's college roommate who had not been since he was 4 and our DS was determined that we WOULD DO everything in every park over our 5 1/2 days). And we pretty much did it. We managed to spend an entire day there with no break. In fact we were literally the 2nd family in line at the tapstiles that morning before the park even opened!! It was pretty busy tho as it was the first week in January and Marathon weekend (so all week was in the RED on the crowd calendars). We beelined for TSMM and got that out of the way. Then we had FP's throughout the day for RNR, TOT and I think Star Tours. We saw Beauty & the Beast and Indiana Jones, Frozen Singalong & Muppets. We also went thru the Launch Bay and stopped to meet Chewie. DH & I went to the Baseline Tap House to hang for an hour or so while the boys went & did something else. I can't remember for sure but I think we repeated RNR at some point. My DS wasn't feeling well that day tho so he wasn't moving real fast & took lots of breaks to rest. We capped off the day with Fantasmic and the Star Wars fireworks. We somehow managed to fill the entire day...but again, it was pretty busy. YMMV but if you've been before and know you'll be again....why not?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts