Official Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2020

Any word of when they will ship medals and shirts? I am still going when scheduled for the Wine and Dine and would still run the virtual run while at Disney, but would like to have the medals the day that I run in Disney.

Any word of when they will ship medals and shirts?
I don't know if anyone outside of runDisney can say for certain. For instance, in 2018 and 2019 they shipped the virtual 5K challenge series medals in early June even though in order to earn the challenge medal you were supposed to run a 5K in June, July, and August. I signed my nephew up for the August virtual 5K in late July 2018 and his medal arrived about 6 weeks later. For virtual Star Wars 2019 and 2020, the medals were shipped around the time that the actual Star Wars Half did take place or was supposed to have taken place. The 2020 virtual summer series did not ship until after the series was supposed to have been completed, but as with all previous virtual races, they did not require proof of finishing the distance in question.

Any word of when they will ship medals and shirts? I am still going when scheduled for the Wine and Dine and would still run the virtual run while at Disney, but would like to have the medals the day that I run in Disney.

When they announced the conversion to virtual, they said medals and shirts would be shipped after the event date. Could they ship early? Maybe, but I wouldn’t expect to see them until the mid-November to December timeframe.

ETA: From the RunDisney site:
0458127D-F0BB-475F-9AF1-9B37081FBB1E.jpeg

Thanks for the update.

I think that gives me even more incentive to not do these virtual versions of their actual runs. I think they should have the medals shipped before the race weekend would take place. It is sort of demotivating.

I have signed up for the Star Wars Rival Run weekend. However, I am not sure if that will occur given these circumstances.

I hope things are back to actual races for the 2022 Marathon weekend.

Well, I saw the virtual bibs and virtual mile markers for the Wine and Dine Half Marathon. They are on your registration.

I think I am going to go through with this virtual run while at Disney this trip. So you will likely see me running around Crescent Lake for a couple hours on Sunday the 8th!

I wish I could wear the official shirt or have the medal after the run.

right now my game plan is to do the 10K on Halloween residentially and possibly run my 5K on 11/7 around POP (if I can handle running with a mask on)

Since I doubt we will receive our medals/shirts prior to my trip, I will be running it the weekend after the medals arrive, and make it a family affair.
My 6 yo nephew has enjoyed family fitness time and running with me and his other uncle. I envision going out for our normal mile run, then the two of them going to get breakfast and meeting me at a point on the running trail that's 13.1 miles from where we started.
I normally look for the voluntEar with the happiest expression or biggest smile to present my medal. I think my cheering, laughing little monkey-man of a nephew will fit the bill nicely.

right now my game plan is to do the 10K on Halloween residentially and possibly run my 5K on 11/7 around POP (if I can handle running with a mask on)
If you get out early, you can run with the mask around your neck (I had a attachment, like a glasses strap) or in your hand. Just pull it up if/when you meet someone. We did this earlier this month running around CB/ Riviera area. The earlier you go, the fewer you meet. First day we were out about 5:30 and only met a couple of cast members. Two days we were out around 6-6:15 and met a few, especially around the breakfast area at CB. The last day we didn’t get out until 7:00 and had to wear the mask way too much. People were out headed to breakfast, to the skyliner, and to smoke. That was awful. By mile 4/6 the mask was saturated and I sucked it into my mouth with every breath, along salty tasting sweat. I actually had to squeeze it out when I wasn’t meeting anyone. Of course, one runner was running without anything, and probably nobody said anything, but I want others to know I am trying to protect them. Besides I’m just a rule-follower.

If you get out early, you can run with the mask around your neck (I had a attachment, like a glasses strap) or in your hand. Just pull it up if/when you meet someone. We did this earlier this month running around CB/ Riviera area. The earlier you go, the fewer you meet. First day we were out about 5:30 and only met a couple of cast members. Two days we were out around 6-6:15 and met a few, especially around the breakfast area at CB. The last day we didn’t get out until 7:00 and had to wear the mask way too much. People were out headed to breakfast, to the skyliner, and to smoke. That was awful. By mile 4/6 the mask was saturated and I sucked it into my mouth with every breath, along salty tasting sweat. I actually had to squeeze it out when I wasn’t meeting anyone. Of course, one runner was running without anything, and probably nobody said anything, but I want others to know I am trying to protect them. Besides I’m just a rule-follower.

i was the same the earlier you run the less people you see. I had my mask on my chin flipped in half so the inside was protected and not resting against my chin. When i saw a person or a cast member i pulled up my mask. the rest of the time i ran with it off. I agree it was pretty miserable running with the mask. Plus it was pretty hot out so that did not help. I am talking T + D of over 150 at 6:30 am. The weather should be better.

Thanks for the tip.... I wish for situations like running around resorts they would allow neck gaiters as I had one on me when I did my 150 person run two weeks ago and will do so again if the 20k person run in February remains live (as of this post it is)

Is anyone doing it early and / or on a treadmill ? Did a 5k yesterday, and 10k today on a treadmill. wondering whether i should just box it off tomorrow and not worry about it in 2 weeks time !!

Is anyone doing it early and / or on a treadmill ? Did a 5k yesterday, and 10k today on a treadmill. wondering whether i should just box it off tomorrow and not worry about it in 2 weeks time !!
Doing 10k on Halloween and 5k either 11/7 on property or 11/14 at home

I signed up to do my first one for the wine and dine 10k. How do you record/report that you completed the 10k? Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me

I signed up to do my first one for the wine and dine 10k. How do you record/report that you completed the 10k? Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me
If you want you can submit a time to print a finishers certificate but for medals you don’t have to register anything

I walked the 10K this morning. The Spotify list that runDisney sent out really helped pass the time and make it feel more "special". I seem to be having problems finding a link to the finisher certificate. I checked under the Wine and Dine Area of the runDisney site and in the email that had the mile markers and bib. Anyone know how to find it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!