Official Wine & Dine 2018

I’d be surprised if they are on Magic Bands bc then the readers at the entrances would have to know it’s looking for that ticket and not a regular park ticket. Guess it’s possible though. What do they do for the Halloween parties right now? Still paper tickets?

I’d be surprised if they are on Magic Bands bc then the readers at the entrances would have to know it’s looking for that ticket and not a regular park ticket. Guess it’s possible though. What do they do for the Halloween parties right now? Still paper tickets?
No Halloween party is done on the magicband.

My Halloween party ticket shows up on MDE and my understanding is that I need to go through a separate line so that they know that I am using my party ticket and not a regular park ticket.

My Halloween party ticket shows up on MDE and my understanding is that I need to go through a separate line so that they know that I am using my party ticket and not a regular park ticket.

Yes and no. If you go between 4:00 and the when the party officially starts you will need to go to a separate line. If you go once the party starts all open lines will be for the party.

I found this out when they used one of my non-expiring tickets I still have and I had to talk to them to get it added back.

This was the reply I received regarding the post-race party. I had asked about transferring the ticket to someone else but didn’t ask what format the ticket would come in. If it’s a paper ticket, then I should be able to give it to someone else.

“Thank you for your message regarding the Disney Wine & Dine After Hours Post Race Party.

I appreciate the opportunity to review your inquiry. Regretfully, per runDisney registration policy, race registrations, including the Disney Wine & Dine After Hours Post Race Party, may not be transferred between individuals.”

I have sent another email asking how we would get our ticket, i.e. at the Expo? Will it be mailed?

This was the reply I received regarding the post-race party. I had asked about transferring the ticket to someone else but didn’t ask what format the ticket would come in. If it’s a paper ticket, then I should be able to give it to someone else.

“Thank you for your message regarding the Disney Wine & Dine After Hours Post Race Party.

I appreciate the opportunity to review your inquiry. Regretfully, per runDisney registration policy, race registrations, including the Disney Wine & Dine After Hours Post Race Party, may not be transferred between individuals.”

I have sent another email asking how we would get our ticket, i.e. at the Expo? Will it be mailed?

As I remind everyone in meetings at work all the time, a policy that isn't enforced is really just a suggestion. Along those lines if the ticket is physical it is unlikely this will be enforced. If it is tied to MDE and your park media it can be though I am not sure the back end infrastructure is there for it. Well, the infrastructure is there, I'm just not sure it is programmed to do it.

I feel like they never really were transferable in the first place but people sell them off since it’s still a physical ticket. Glad to see they are still going to be mailed out.

Does anyone have a ticket they aren't using? I'm looking for one for my friend that isn't running.

ETA - Got a ticket, thank you to the fellow RD Dis poster!!

Last edited:
Guys, I’m really dumb. Like, really dumb. :faint: I signed up for W&D because I decided last minute to do Disneyland Paris and of course it would be silly to do Paris and not get the Castle to Chateau medal. Except. Until tonight, I didn’t even think about the fact that I did Dopey and Princess this year and did not need another race for C2C. :worried:

The crazy thing is I’ve even talked about Dopey to several people since I signed up for Paris, and never once thought “Hey! This will be my 3rd Disney race of the year.” Facepalm.o_O

Oh well. Such a hardship. I’ll just have to go Disneyworld anyway for W&D. :cool2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!