Official Wine & Dine 2018

Soooooo bummed about this delay- I've been basically counting down the hours until I could register!

This will be my first Disney race. Any thoughts/opinions on if you have a better chance securing registration if you select the challenge vs. just the half? I'm worried that, even if I log in the second registration becomes available (whenever that may be now), I'll miss out. Should I be worried?

Soooooo bummed about this delay- I've been basically counting down the hours until I could register!

This will be my first Disney race. Any thoughts/opinions on if you have a better chance securing registration if you select the challenge vs. just the half? I'm worried that, even if I log in the second registration becomes available (whenever that may be now), I'll miss out. Should I be worried?

It won't sell out in seconds. The half will probably be more attainable than the challenge but you never know.

So, I have this fuel here, might as well throw it on! :)

My wife and I are both Legacy for W&D Half and since year 6 we've been getting emails anywhere from 3-5 days before registration reminding us about registration. This year, nothing. I don't think that speaks to any huge conspiracy about the race, but it is telling about RD's rather awful lack of communication.

Last year we didn't even get one before registration. I emailed them and got registered when it opened and then got the email later.

I hope they move it back to a night race. I think that they are starting to see that having each race be very similar to each other is not working out for them. Yes, they have different themes, but I don't know if they are different enough to warrant someone signing up for multiple races a year. If they move it back to a night race, this race will be very different from the rest as well as most races around the country and the demand may increase back to where it once was.

Maybe for some reason Disney didn't want the Wine and Dine booking to start before they actually announced Food and Wine dates? So now that they've finally done that there can be a solid registration date?

Seems unlikely but it also was crazy they hadn't announced the F&W dates until today.

I'm not running Wine & Dine so I'm a little late to the party, but this is pretty disconcerting news. The registration date has long been established so it's not as though it snuck up on them. I hope the delay is because of some exciting bit of news or at least something logistically explicable (like a switch from Active). Unfortunately, it seems likely that this just a continuation of a worrying pattern. I've always appreciated how well-run rD weekends have been in my experience, but it's definitely seemed as though they've been cutting corners and paying less attention to detail recently.

I hope they move it back to a night race. I think that they are starting to see that having each race be very similar to each other is not working out for them. Yes, they have different themes, but I don't know if they are different enough to warrant someone signing up for multiple races a year. If they move it back to a night race, this race will be very different from the rest as well as most races around the country and the demand may increase back to where it once was.

I don’t know if I want to wish for this to be true or not! I would 100% do Wine and Dine again if it were moved back to nighttime. I’d rather stay awake until 2 am for a race than have to wake up at 2 am!

I'm having dejavu from 2016 all over again! :rolleyes: We were all ready to sign up tomorrow. DH had his schedule at work cleared and as luck would have it, I will be home tomorrow due to a snow storm. I guess I didn't luck out after all. :(

I know I'm in the minority but I liked it much better as a morning race so I'm hoping they don't change it back. As DH and I talk about all these what ifs we are thinking the Las Vegas 1/2 will be a good back up race if this doesn't work out. :sad2:

Last edited:
We are DVC and last week after they moved early registration to today I moved appointments so I would be available to register (my hubby got shut out of the race 3 years ago- so I’m paranoid)and needless to say I was very frustrated when I logged on just to see the message that registration was delayed. I have had a streak of bad luck with my last 2 RD half’s. One was shortened due to lightning and the other completely cancelled the night before. I really hope my 3rd attempt at a Disney half is not doomed.

Oh....You mean like the Disneyland races??
ducktomatoes.gif

In case you don’t know, photobucket isn’t really working now unless you pay a bunch. Your images didn’t work.

So at this point I am really unclear about stuff is actually known about Wine and Dine. Right now it seems the Early Registration is delayed until later this week? Do we have any idea when it will be delayed till? Is all registration opening at the same time now?

Nothing is known.

Many of us are just worried we’re aeeing things okay out again so soon after all Disneyland races were canceled, one just a few months before it should have been run.

All the liability concerns that have been brought up over the last couple months make me think they won’t change it to nighttime again.

If it did, I would do it.

But I doubt it will.

The “splash and dash” for 2014 was so slippery. The “half of a half” was upsetting to everyone and dangerous. Sure things can be dangerous in the morning, but at least the sun will come up and make it better (or broil us lol).

The counter for Wine and Dine in the big section on the runDisney home page is still saying [eventStartDate]-[eventEndDate]. My gut feel is that if it were only and Active or IT issue that they wouldn't be mucking around in the date settings.

The counter for Wine and Dine in the big section on the runDisney home page is still saying [eventStartDate]-[eventEndDate]. My gut feel is that if it were only and Active or IT issue that they wouldn't be mucking around in the date settings.

It has that coding error for all the races on the scroll, not just Wine and Dine....so maybe they are changing the dates for EVERY race.

Ummmm, I see the dates; November 1 - November 4, 2018 Walt Disney World Florida

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter