Official Wine & Dine 2018

Disappointed I missed registration this year as things just didn't line up for me. Oops, please post if any of you see anything reopen. No west coast races have helped WDW sell out.

Are there a lot of differences between the 2016 and 2017 plans?

I didn't run w&d in 2017 so I never looked at it. You want to find a plan that will work for you, so you may want to look at others as well. It's not just about the long run each week but about how much you do during the week. The one from 2016 has maintenance runs at 30 min through the whole plan but others have them increasing in time from 20 min a day up to 45, something that wasn't realistic for me. There are also different lengths of plans so his plan may be the length you want or you may want something shorter. But I don't imagine they are that different since his mileage increase % for the long run wouldn't change.

IDK if I mentioned this, but the popcorn stand right outside Electric Umbrella (the offer beer, pretzels and popcorn) opens when Epcot opens at 9 a.m. now if anyone is looking for a finish line snack/beer. Not at lot of options - I think Bud Light and either Sam Adams or Yuengling.

Did anyone receive an email from runDisney yet with the instructions to link their W&D registration with their Disney account? I don't seem to receive half of the emails runDisney sends, so just checking...

Did anyone receive an email from runDisney yet with the instructions to link their W&D registration with their Disney account? I don't seem to receive half of the emails runDisney sends, so just checking...
Haven't received one yet.

Nope I expect many will be posting once that happens.

Considering buying a ticket to post-race party for DH, as I get one with my registration AND we have reservations in EPCOT 11/4. Just wondering if anyone can tell me if it would be worth the $84 and if so, what goes on during party that makes it so? Sorry, newbie here to after parties.

Considering buying a ticket to post-race party for DH, as I get one with my registration AND we have reservations in EPCOT 11/4. Just wondering if anyone can tell me if it would be worth the $84 and if so, what goes on during party that makes it so? Sorry, newbie here to after parties.

I don't have any advice to give but it's perfect timing for me that you asked this. This will be my first race weekend and I am waiting to book airfare because I am not sure if I want to extend my trip one more night to go to the party. I already have an AP so that part isn't an issue, this is more my sticking point on staying the extra night!

The after party has select rides open, like Test Track, Soarin, Frozen.

Characters will be available to meet as well. They had the Mariachi band out in Mexico I remember.

The food & wine booths will be open. Lines were crowded in the back of World Showcase but empty at the front when I went.

Select regular restaurants are open as well, I know Norway Bakery was one.

There's a DJ in Future World and they blast 'party' music so it's not your regular World Showcase music.

It does get crowded and there are lines, but people say it gets better the last hour. I did not stay the last hour as I was exhausted (I don't nap). I did it in 2016 and enjoyed myself and when I run it again will go. I'm not sure I would buy someone a ticket unless that was there only chance to go to EPCOT, however if it would mean me not going cause I didn't want to go alone I would buy the ticket.

They did have some race merchandise for sale as well.

I agree with July. But anyone that wants a previous one can pull it up and adjust it for the dates. I liked the plan from 2016 w&d and have used it for a half I did last year and the one I'm doing Sunday. I've also already adapted it to this year's w&d in my training journal.

I don't recall a huge difference, other than dates, for the 2016 and 2017 plans. I used both of them, although I stuck to the plan a lot better in 2016 so hopefully I'll get my butt in gear this year for it, and have less injuries as well! It did start 4th of July week last year so I expect we'll see an updated plan in a week or two.

IDK if I mentioned this, but the popcorn stand right outside Electric Umbrella (the offer beer, pretzels and popcorn) opens when Epcot opens at 9 a.m. now if anyone is looking for a finish line snack/beer. Not at lot of options - I think Bud Light and either Sam Adams or Yuengling.

I have always wanted a finish line beer picture so this is some valuable information! :drinking1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!