***Officially Official September 2017 Thread***

Now, we were there at rope drop three days later and rode SDMT once and it was a 90 minute wait when we got off! We went to extra magic hours and it was wall to wall! I've never seen the like at this time of year. At 9:09 AM I took a pic of Haunted Mansion lines...60 minutes!! It was crazy!

We did am emh at MK last Friday. By 830am sdmt had a 60 minute wait! We rode it a few times back to back on Monday though thanks to fast passes and rider swaps.

We came home Tuesday. I was ready. Looking forward to planning our next trip. I'm also done with September. I can't deal with the stress of hurricane season. It was crowded and hot.

November/December it is for us next time.
Same. We are going to get on the April/November schedule now if we can go twice and November if once. We did get lucky with rain though. But that heat....

Same. We are going to get on the April/November schedule now if we can go twice and November if once. We did get lucky with rain though. But that heat....

Yeah I was very happy with no rain. That was amazing. The heat was hot, but you get a lot of breaks in rides, shows, meals. We did pool in the afternoon 3 days.

Now, we were there at rope drop three days later and rode SDMT once and it was a 90 minute wait when we got off! We went to extra magic hours and it was wall to wall! I've never seen the like at this time of year. At 9:09 AM I took a pic of Haunted Mansion lines...60 minutes!! It was crazy!

I did the paid Early Morning Magic rather than Extra Magic Hour. For me it was worth it but I'm not a regular visitor.

I'm very glad I planned for busy, it's helped. Only things not done were because I changed plans or walked to slow due to the heat.

I've been using insect repellant and it seems to be doing the opposite. I don't normally get bitten but I have 2 on my leg, one on my elbow and one on my ankle that is bad as my shoes/sandals are near it.

Been at Universal today, as a contrast I did 2 rides between 10:25am and 12:00pm at Volcano Bay, that was mainly due to a break down. Then 5 min and 10 ming wait for Spiderman, and HP rides and Jurrasic Park and Kong were 20 min. When I first walked past Kong it was 45 (the two water rides were that). Hulk was 5 mins but I was not about to do that in the afternoon heat and sun and missed it due to the park shutting at 6pm. Microsoft have an event.

At the moment I havn't waited more than 30mins for any Disney rides execpt 40 for Star Tours and then I gave up but I went back another day for my third ride. It's a special ride to me.

Went to MK today. DH looked around and said "its more busy than its been in past." I was like "yep!" Lucked out and got FP for SDMT right away park opened, someone must have cancelled. Space was down a lot of day so we didn't get to ride this trip. DD was disappointed but she got Fireworks instead this year. Overall got a lot accomplished from 9-11am but after that lines got long everywhere.

Heat is intense. Thinking after this year we will move trips to May or Nov/Dec for Xmas. Hoping weather holds out for the rest of the week for some pool time.

I've been back a week and couldn't bring myself to come back to the boards til now LOL. Suffering Post Disney Blues. We had a blast but it all went by so fast! It felt like it became more and more crowded as the week went on. I guess that was due to Rosh Hashanah and people moving their trips due to Irma. We had a blast and looking forward to going back next year. I think it may be in October though for my birthday. :) My boyfriend says he's going to plan that trip - we'll see!

It is still raining, We ate at the Canada steakhouse and headed back to the room. The wife said if we ever come back again it will be later on the the year. My wife could hardly walk today and is just worn out. I have to say that the heat and all the walking finally got to me today too. I did learn some lessons this trip. #1 is to plan for more resort days for a break, 5 straight days even with a nap is too much at once. #2 later in the year so we don't get a surprise heat wave. #3 get a hotel that has a monorail connection. I am thinking we might stay at the shades of green, no monorail but walking distance to the poly.

Pandora is not open for EMH this morning, I was planning on going to Everest anyway so don't feel so bad about being on my way at 8:04am.

Trying to complete the Wildnerness Explorers and then watch Lion King and Flights of Wonder. Not sure wether I'll get to use my FoP FP starting at 9:15am.

I don't need to really leave AK till 4:30pm. Didn't realise MK was open till midnight today so gunna be a long wait for my kiss goodnight. (My last full day in Orlando :sad:).

Going home today and Disney depression is already setting in. Did HS yesterday, but Fantasmic was rained out (my fav night show). But, it was a great last day regardless. My youngest daughter turned 8 and rode Rockin Roller Coaster with me twice! We rode Toy Story 6 times!! Twice at rope drop and once with a 4th FP in the middle of the day and three times near closing. Did the Bon Voyage b'fast and that was hands down our fav character b'fast of the trip!! Will do that again for sure. We rode FoP 3 times this trip (once at rope drop, once with FP and once at closing). Such an awesome ride/experience. A very successful trip, although I was kind of missing our 2 MK days. Was super hot and crowded, but it only slowed us down a little. Eating a quick b'fast, stopping at Disney Springs then headed back to Atlanta

Last edited:
Went to Universal Studios today. We bought ponchos at Publix on the way, used them for all of 5 minutes, then sun came out and it was steamy. Road the new Jimmy Fallon ride, it was a little bizarre, but I guess that's his show. This was our 3rd time visiting there and we decided while we like some of the rides it just doesn't give us that happy feel Disney does!

One more full day...hoping the weather holds out for a pool or beach day!

Went to Universal Studios today. We bought ponchos at Publix on the way, used them for all of 5 minutes, then sun came out and it was steamy. Road the new Jimmy Fallon ride, it was a little bizarre, but I guess that's his show. This was our 3rd time visiting there and we decided while we like some of the rides it just doesn't give us that happy feel Disney does!

One more full day...hoping the weather holds out for a pool or beach day!
I loved the Jimmy Fallon ride. Thought the waiting areas were great....so entertaining, interactive, and informative. However, it certainly helps to be a Tonight Show fan , in general, and a Fallon Show viewer in particular.

I agree about Universal. While some of the rides/experiences are great (especially Harry Potter areas) most of the two parks are simulator after simulator. Wash Rinse Repeat Not much charm anywhere!

I loved the Jimmy Fallon ride. Thought the waiting areas were great....so entertaining, interactive, and informative. However, it certainly helps to be a Tonight Show fan , in general, and a Fallon Show viewer in particular.

I agree about Universal. While some of the rides/experiences are great (especially Harry Potter areas) most of the two parks are simulator after simulator. Wash Rinse Repeat Not much charm anywhere!

My favorite ride at Universal was the Back to the Future ride I could do that one for hours on end. I haven't been to Universal in years. Truthfully I only want to go for Harry Potter world and thats about it so when I see the prices to go and do 2 parks when I really only want to go to 2 areas of the park it really is hard to justify the expense. I haven't heard of any other ride at Universal that make it the place to go.

We left Disney yesterday morning and went for a surprise day trip to Daytona beach for our daughter. The weather wasn't too bad, started getting nasty this morning heading out. All in all we had a great time except for the heat. My wife and daughter are still exhausted. I have to admit I am pretty tired myself, I called in sick for tomorrow. Right now we have no Disney depression blues in this family.

We plan on going back in a few years when my little man is older.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!