***Officially Official September 2017 Thread***

I had not been back to the Orlando area in probibly 20 years. The whole area and International drive sure have changed. We have a cruise scheduled for April to the Bahamas. I plan on surprising my wife with a trip to Discovery Cove and Sea World next summer maybe a day at Volcano Bay too. The wife says to Disney for 4 or 5 years but I am sure I can get her back before then.

I want to buy a motorhome next year. So a trip to Ft Wilderness would be great.

Last edited:
The ride is corny but come on it's cute!

Yes I miss the planning part too. So much excitement and then no more planning :sad2::sad2::sad2:

On the Dumbo print I got mine sometime last week. I didn't even know you got something like that til I read other people's posts. I think that's sweet they do that for guests but it does add a sort of bittersweetness to it considering it means yup the trip..it's over...

Still no Dumbo print.

Got my Dumbo Thank you 2 days ago. Now off to plan my Aulani Sept. 2018 vacation. Gonna be weird not planning for WDW. Thanks for being a fun group.

Ooooh Aulani I want to go there for a few days when I go to DLR but not sure my budget will allow that. Need to look up when to look for deals.

Still no Dumbo print.

Ooooh Aulani I want to go there for a few days when I go to DLR but not sure my budget will allow that. Need to look up when to look for deals.
Well now that's a bummer :( :(

On a side note when we went to Hawaii last year in September we went to Aulani as day guests and had lunch there. It is a beautiful resort :). Right now we'd love to go back to Hawaii (and stay in the same for rent by owner condo if we could as it was perfect for our needs) and now that Southwest will be flying there it may make it even easier (we flew Delta there last year). But that's still just a wish at this point.

Well now that's a bummer :( :(

On a side note when we went to Hawaii last year in September we went to Aulani as day guests and had lunch there. It is a beautiful resort :). Right now we'd love to go back to Hawaii (and stay in the same for rent by owner condo if we could as it was perfect for our needs) and now that Southwest will be flying there it may make it even easier (we flew Delta there last year). But that's still just a wish at this point.

Yes, I shall just have to make my own.

Oh lovely, I looked at flying from the UK to Hawaii and flying to LA and DLR first and then off to Hawaii, worked out about the same I think.

Yes, I shall just have to make my own.

Oh lovely, I looked at flying from the UK to Hawaii and flying to LA and DLR first and then off to Hawaii, worked out about the same I think.
Don’t forget as far as cheaper deals for hotel stay renting points through Dis approved sights like David’s.

On a random note, I regret not making many notes of what happened on our trip, hopefully next time I can do it longer then the first 3 days!! It means I probably won't be able to do a trip report like you guys.

Roll on 23rd September 2018 for our return to OKW!!

Don’t forget as far as cheaper deals for hotel stay renting points through Dis approved sights like David’s.

Ah, cool thanks :)

On a random note, I regret not making many notes of what happened on our trip, hopefully next time I can do it longer then the first 3 days!! It means I probably won't be able to do a trip report like you guys.

Roll on 23rd September 2018 for our return to OKW!!

I started note taking but I did not get far either. I wish I filmed more things other than shows and parades.

I was thinking maybe dictating things into the phone would be better next time, I talk faster than I type and you can do it while walking. - make it look like a phone call too. Then type up notes/trip reports from the audio files

A lot of info I have is based on the time stamp on my phones photos. I did take a few random scene photos so that helps.

My trip was the first week of Sept and I think even though I didnt take notes I could still do a trip report. I have pics and such just not of my meals and everything.

Gosh, I haven't been on here in quite awhile. Miss me? ;-) I saw a couple of people mention the Dumbo thank you. I was there the last week of September and got mine, I dunno, a couple weeks ago. Is anybody doing anything special with theirs?

Man, we had fun! My wife didn't go this trip. Our plan was to go back in 2021 and do a blow out stay. Stay at AK Lodge, stay an extra day or two, blah blah. My wife and I talked about it a couple weeks ago and she'd rather do a fall trip through the New England states. That's something on my bucket list. So I told her I'd be willing to do that as long as I get 2-3 days on the cheap to do WDW after Star Wars opens. She said she was fine with that. I'll probably still give it 18-24 months before I go hoping the crowds have died down to a more manageable level. So we'll do the New England trip in a couple of years (already have my big vacation planned for next year) and then WDW again in 2021 as planned, just not a blow out. I'll be more than ready to go back by then. :laughing:

While we were at Disney I found out that my father had an anurism bust on his brain. He had a medical flight from Canada back to Florida the week after our trip. I went down and visited him but not so sure he even knew if I was there. He fought hard but unfortunately I lost my father on Thursday. I needed a happy place to go to so I looked thru our Disney pictures. One of the guys I work with just got back from Disney and another is going next week. I have to admit that I am finally having Disney withdraws.

We have a cruise in April to the Bahamas but nothing really big after that, yet. We talked about Hawaii but decided to do that in a few years when my little man is older. We enjoy going to Panama City Beach so we do a few days down there next summer. Still thinking of a surprise trip to Discovery Cove so my wife and daughter can swim with the dolphins and maybe a day at Volcano bay. I realized after doing Disney that doing a few days here and there is better than one big long blow out. I'm not a spring chicken anymore!! But I am ready to go back!!

While we were at Disney I found out that my father had an anurism bust on his brain. He had a medical flight from Canada back to Florida the week after our trip. I went down and visited him but not so sure he even knew if I was there. He fought hard but unfortunately I lost my father on Thursday. I needed a happy place to go to so I looked thru our Disney pictures. One of the guys I work with just got back from Disney and another is going next week. I have to admit that I am finally having Disney withdraws.

We have a cruise in April to the Bahamas but nothing really big after that, yet. We talked about Hawaii but decided to do that in a few years when my little man is older. We enjoy going to Panama City Beach so we do a few days down there next summer. Still thinking of a surprise trip to Discovery Cove so my wife and daughter can swim with the dolphins and maybe a day at Volcano bay. I realized after doing Disney that doing a few days here and there is better than one big long blow out. I'm not a spring chicken anymore!! But I am ready to go back!!
Please accept my sympathies on the loss of your father. God bless.

I'm sorry to hear that.

I'm so sorry to hear about your father.

I'd love to do little trips to Disney but with the UK ticket discount (14 days for 7) and the cost of flights each time it isn't much between a week or two week trip. Part of me is looking to do a 1 week Christmas and Birthday trip next year but I have lots of other plans for trips so not sure I can afford that one too.

I've still trying to sort a couple of days to Disneyland Paris in March...trying to find character information (the app just says a character name and friends) and everything I've searched for is dated 2016 and one of the character dining locations has changed from when everyone talk about it. Oh how I miss Disney World planning (or even DLR) and I can't wait till I go back (prob 2021 though).

Sorry for your loss.

Im so sorry about your dad, my mother is in hospice right now, last couple weeks have been so tough, I love coming to DIS tho its my happy place for right now..

I am so sorry to hear that. I have been there and I have cried a barrel of tears over the past few months. The DIS is always a happy place , my happy place too. My best wish's for you and your family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!