Oga’s Cantina - Outside Food?

MrsBooch

DIS Veteran
I scored a dinner reservation & I know it’s basically just a bar. DH & I will absolutely be trying some fun drinks & the atmosphere is going to knock my five year old’s Star Wars socks off - but I was wondering if we would be able to order (before the reservation obviously) from docking bay 7, & bring it into Oga’s to eat? I would never presume to do that anywhere else - but a platter of paltry pork cracklings and charcuterie will not cut it for any of us.
I would say let’s eat right before but the kid and the dad are building a light saber together right before the reservation.
Just wondering if anyone has done this?

I scored a dinner reservation & I know it’s basically just a bar. DH & I will absolutely be trying some fun drinks & the atmosphere is going to knock my five year old’s Star Wars socks off - but I was wondering if we would be able to order (before the reservation obviously) from docking bay 7, & bring it into Oga’s to eat? I would never presume to do that anywhere else - but a platter of paltry pork cracklings and charcuterie will not cut it for any of us.
I would say let’s eat right before but the kid and the dad are building a light saber together right before the reservation.
Based on what I can find online, it’s frowned upon. I know from experience the tables are very small so you most likely wouldn’t be able to fit the outside food and the drinks all together on the table. But I’m going to guess the CMs would ask you not to eat the outside food while you’re there. Also remember, you only have 45 minutes inside the restaurant, so you want to maximize your time with your drinks and enjoying the atmosphere.

Based on what I can find online, it’s frowned upon. I know from experience the tables are very small so you most likely wouldn’t be able to fit the outside food and the drinks all together on the table. But I’m going to guess the CMs would ask you not to eat the outside food while you’re there. Also remember, you only have 45 minutes inside the restaurant, so you want to maximize your time with your drinks and enjoying the atmosphere.

Yes that’s a good point about the time - I also probably would have been too embarrassed to actually do it - but I had to ask to see if it was a “thing”.
we will just eat before the light saber rez - thanks!!

There is also no guarantee you will be seated at a table. Our first time there, we were standing at the bar and we barely had elbow room to drink our drinks, much less eat.

Docking Bay 7 serves on real plates, so I don't know that you could really carry out food from there.

There is also no guarantee you will be seated at a table. Our first time there, we were standing at the bar and we barely had elbow room to drink our drinks, much less eat.
Same for us and our son was 7 and shorter than the bar. He enjoyed looking around and watching his drink bubble but it wasn’t a sit around and eat experience.

Disney's mistake is categorizing reswrvations at ogas as meals, breakfast lunch or dinner. Real meals aren't served.

Another thought- depending on time, would it make sense for your family to eat after Oga's? Maybe get the charcuterie board and treat it like an appetizer instead of a meal?

As others have already said, bringing outside food in will be a bit impractical due to the physical bar setup and the time limit.

They're not allowing outside food at Oga's at the moment, i just asked

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!