Ohio DVC Owners

I was surprised with the IP overload on these rooms considering they've kinda gone generic with the refurbs at WDW DVC resorts. Boulder Ridge is just enough to know you're at Disney. Really like the new rooms.

SSR owner since 2012 here. Am I the only driver? I hate flying! I love being the mistress of my destiny. I get to dictate when I arrive and when I leave, well sort of. Oh and what I bring with me, within reason. I live on the great shores of Lake Erie just east of Cleveland.
We are drivers!! Twice a year. Also east of Cleveland (lake co) kind of by the lake😂 I totally agree of being in control of my destiny. We travel down in April and September. Hurricane season so I don’t want to be stuck there because of flight cancellations or stuck here. We also enjoy winding down in the nice quiet car instead of being home and having to go back to work hours later.

We are drivers!! Twice a year. Also east of Cleveland (lake co) kind of by the lake😂 I totally agree of being in control of my destiny. We travel down in April and September. Hurricane season so I don’t want to be stuck there because of flight cancellations or stuck here. We also enjoy winding down in the nice quiet car instead of being home and having to go back to work hours later.

Any favorite cities to stop along the way? We usually do Savannah but would be open to something new. Driving down in August this year.

Any favorite cities to stop along the way? We usually do Savannah but would be open to something new. Driving down in August this year.
We take 71 to 75 (from Columbus area). We've gone straight though many times, but are now stopping in Valdosta at the Drury. This then gives us a short drive in the morning after a relaxing night while enjoying their Kick-back.

We take 71 to 75 (from Columbus area). We've gone straight though many times, but are now stopping in Valdosta at the Drury. This then gives us a short drive in the morning after a relaxing night while enjoying their Kick-back.
We never drive down 71 from Cleveland. We always take 77 to 95 and down. It's generally faster, but might be worth trying something different.

I think Savannah is probably one of the better stops. It’s just a long one day drive. We have also stopped near Columbia, SC in the past. On the way home we try make it to Statesville. We live about 30 miles east of Cleveland.

We did drive the east route about 3 years ago. My son was working outside DC and we picked him up on the way. I would avoid this route at all costs. The tragic was terrible until we got past Richmond VA.

We never drive down 71 from Cleveland. We always take 77 to 95 and down. It's generally faster, but might be worth trying something different.
Same. We did it once because we had to because a hurricane was hitting GA and SC and never again. We take 77/26/95. We stop in Pooler or Brunswick GA. On way home I can’t get everybody moving so we don’t usually make it past Mooresville, NC. We got the NC ez pass so we can use the express lanes for free. Best thing we ever did.

I think Savannah is probably one of the better stops. It’s just a long one day drive. We have also stopped near Columbia, SC in the past. On the way home we try make it to Statesville. We live about 30 miles east of Cleveland.

We did drive the east route about 3 years ago. My son was working outside DC and we picked him up on the way. I would avoid this route at all costs. The tragic was terrible until we got past Richmond VA.
You have to be real close to me. We are in same area about 25 miles east of Cleveland. (Mentor). We try and stop right before statesville going home. Just gotta get through Charlotte so don’t have to go through in AM yikes. 😳

It’s been too quiet in here. Probably no WDW trips for us in 2024. Saving those points since we like the bigger rooms.

We're heading down in early Dec for our last trip as DVC owners. We're doing an OI meetup to give Universal a try then moving to Disney. We're doing Jollywood Nights and a day at Epcot for Festival of the Holidays.

We sold all our points after weighing it out for several months. With the price increases and some of the decisions being made, we decided it was time to explore the rest of the world.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!