Ohio DVC Owners

Any Ohioans have trips planned soon? In light of the governor's announcement today regarding travel, curious if you're changing plans...I'm on the fence...

We aren't going until December and are hoping to keep that trip booked.

In any event, this is just a recommendation from DeWine, not a "mandate."

Northeast Ohio here. We live east of Cleveland. Hopkins is our first choice but I also check Pittsburgh.

We are in process of buying BLT resale. We passed ROFR but seller can’t close until May.
Same. We are in Mentor and drive to Pittsburgh if we fly, so we can get southwest. But lately we drive. I imagine we will be driving both trips next year.

Allegiant flies out of Cleveland too. The problem is that it does not arrive until 11:39 PM. I think the car rental counters close at midnight there. Not much time left to get car.
Alamo counter at MCO is open 24hrs,
Orlando International Airport (MCO)

1 Jeff Fuqua Boulevard

Orlando, FL 32827 US Opens in new application

Phone: (844)370-3164Opens in new application
Email UsOpens in new application
Mon - Sun24 hours

Where does dewine get the Florida positivity rate though? His graphic showed 19% but it was around 11% yesterday in Florida.
I think it is the 7 day moving average - this is from the Johns Hopkins Covid dashboard:

Attachments

• 7872F682-B8B3-4BE9-8D39-29C270729C45.jpeg
    7872F682-B8B3-4BE9-8D39-29C270729C45.jpeg
    34 KB · Views: 6

We're also from Concord. We drove last time we went and were planning on it again this January.
I like the driving down. We have been stopping around Savannah after the first day. We usually stay around Charlotte or Statesville on way back.

I just saw an announcement that Florida is supposed to join the EZ pass network soon. Currently EZ pass works on some roads around Orlando but not all them. I wouldn’t need my SunPass anymore. I like to take 417 from Sanford but EZ pass doesn’t work on part of it.

https://www.e-zpassiag.com/images/News/FTE_and_SRTA_Press_Release_FINAL_7-06-20.pdf

I have a trip planned for January (as long as there is no mandated quarantine when we come back:hourglass). We usually fly out of CLE or Akron/Canton but I’m thinking of driving with an 11 year old and a 4 year old. I’d like to drive straight through. I saw a couple of you guys have done it. Anyone have some insight or experiences they would like to share on how the drive is? I’m really dreading it but really don’t want to cancel. Just cancelled an anniversary trip over Labor Day. I need to hear some positive experiences! Things are getting pretty depressing and I want the excitement of that Disney trip on the horizon to keep my spirits up.:sad2:

I have a trip planned for January (as long as there is no mandated quarantine when we come back:hourglass). We usually fly out of CLE or Akron/Canton but I’m thinking of driving with an 11 year old and a 4 year old. I’d like to drive straight through. I saw a couple of you guys have done it. Anyone have some insight or experiences they would like to share on how the drive is? I’m really dreading it but really don’t want to cancel. Just cancelled an anniversary trip over Labor Day. I need to hear some positive experiences! Things are getting pretty depressing and I want the excitement of that Disney trip on the horizon to keep my spirits up.:sad2:

The biggest thing taking I-77 would be weather in January. You drive through the mountains from Southern Ohio to North Carolina. WV and VA portion have some pretty big hills.

You can also take I-71/I-75. It is a little longer but not quite as hilly. Downside is driving through Atlanta can cause delays.

We drive most of the time straight through. We start around noon and that way don’t hit Charlotte till night so no traffic. We usually end up getting to Disney around 8 am and eat breakfast at the resort. Then just relax and enjoy the resort until room is ready. Out kids are 17 and 12. But the first time we drove our oldest was 13 then they were 9 months and 5. The iPads, DVD player and all that stuff now make it easier. They do the same thing as they do when we are home- :rotfl:

From northern Ohio. West side of Cleveland. We fly out of CLE. Have a trip planned for Oct for food and wine. Hoping we can go.

Saratoga and Animal Kingdom (Jambo). We are in Lake County. We usually travel in December, sometimes early October.
Hey neighbor! We are from Lake County too. I was just reading back through this thread wondering when we would be going again. Hoping 2021!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter