Ohio DVC Owners

We just got back from a four day resort only stay. We stayed two nights at the Poly and two nights at BLT. We really enjoyed ourselves. We spent more time exploring our resorts. We enjoyed the pools. Also went to Disney Springs a few times. Spent one day riding the skyliner and checking out the resorts on the skyliner route. On the downside, the food service had reduced offerings and closed earlier.

And now they have brought them back! YE
I saw that. Unfortunately we just got back yesterday and had a layover at Dulles on way down and O’Hare on way back. It added a couple hours to the trip. It was a direct flight when we booked it but they changed it a couple of weeks later. Plus there was no airline checkin at WDW right now. To me, the big advantage of United is being able to check luggage at your resort. I should have taken Frontier.

We just got back from a four day resort only stay. We stayed two nights at the Poly and two nights at BLT. We really enjoyed ourselves. We spent more time exploring our resorts. We enjoyed the pools. Also went to Disney Springs a few times. Spent one day riding the skyliner and checking out the resorts on the skyliner route. On the downside, the food service had reduced offerings and closed earlier.
We went for a week a month ago and the food was bad. Felt like Disney 10+ years ago with nothing inspiring or interesting.....just something to fill your stomach. I will wear a mask for the next two years as long as they bring back the food choices!

We went for a week a month ago and the food was bad. Felt like Disney 10+ years ago with nothing inspiring or interesting.....just something to fill your stomach. I will wear a mask for the next two years as long as they bring back the food choices!
We got some Really good food at Disney Springs. Boathouse, Guy’s Chicken, Pizza Ponte and the Earl of Sandwich weee all exceptional. Captain Cook’s was good but reduced offerings. Contempo Cafe was a little disappointing. Flatbread was not great. Wait times were long. We also went to Geyser Point. The Buffalo Burger was very good.

We got some Really good food at Disney Springs. Boathouse, Guy’s Chicken, Pizza Ponte and the Earl of Sandwich weee all exceptional. Captain Cook’s was good but reduced offerings. Contempo Cafe was a little disappointing. Flatbread was not great. Wait times were long. We also went to Geyser Point. The Buffalo Burger was very good.
We do not like Boathouse, overpriced and the same seafood we can get in Cincinnati. We made the mistake of trying Raglan road this past trip...not good. When I think of Disney food, however, I don't include DS in my mind since most are owned by outside companies. Of all the "Disney" restaurants we did whispering canyon was the only one that really delivered on expectations. All the other restaurants were either boring pizza/nuggets/burgers or the menu was so limited it was hard to find something for everyone in our family. I'll just be happy when the menus go back to normal!

Hello fellow Buckeyes! We are located in NW Ohio (near Findlay and Lima). We had 370 pts at BRV (200 & 170) and during our trip last November we decided to buy some CCV points and sell some of the BRV points. We sold the 170 and purchased a 300 pt contract at CCV bringing our total to 500. We were booked for BRV this October, but we switched to BWV due to the parks closing early. Now that Stormalong Bay is going to be open we are waitlisted for BCV (2 BR for 12 nights). Just made our dining reservations today and were able to get everything we wanted.

We fly out of CMH with Southwest, the 2 free bags are great! My wife and I are doing a 3 night trip in January at BWV and we are doing Spirit out of DTW. There were no good flights out of CMH and we think we can get away with just 1 bag between the two of us.

Hello fellow Buckeyes! We are located in NW Ohio (near Findlay and Lima). We had 370 pts at BRV (200 & 170) and during our trip last November we decided to buy some CCV points and sell some of the BRV points. We sold the 170 and purchased a 300 pt contract at CCV bringing our total to 500. We were booked for BRV this October, but we switched to BWV due to the parks closing early. Now that Stormalong Bay is going to be open we are waitlisted for BCV (2 BR for 12 nights). Just made our dining reservations today and were able to get everything we wanted.

We fly out of CMH with Southwest, the 2 free bags are great! My wife and I are doing a 3 night trip in January at BWV and we are doing Spirit out of DTW. There were no good flights out of CMH and we think we can get away with just 1 bag between the two of us.
Delta has a lot of non stops out of DTW. If you fly a lot it might be worth getting the Delta credit card. One option gives you free luggage and a free companion flight annually.

We do not like Boathouse, overpriced and the same seafood we can get in Cincinnati. We made the mistake of trying Raglan road this past trip...not good. When I think of Disney food, however, I don't include DS in my mind since most are owned by outside companies. Of all the "Disney" restaurants we did whispering canyon was the only one that really delivered on expectations. All the other restaurants were either boring pizza/nuggets/burgers or the menu was so limited it was hard to find something for everyone in our family. I'll just be happy when the menus go back to normal!
I got the burger at Boathouse. It was the best burger I’ve had on Disney property.

Hey neighbor! We are from Lake County too. I was just reading back through this thread wondering when we would be going again. Hoping 2021!

We are heading down in December. Third time rescheduled. My wife is going to be working at a local school has a health Aide so now we have to go when it is busy. Looking at June 2021 for a week. Take care. Eastlake here.

We are heading down in December. Third time rescheduled. My wife is going to be working at a local school has a health Aide so now we have to go when it is busy. Looking at June 2021 for a week. Take care. Eastlake here.
My wife works in a school, I feel your pain.

Wow we are really close. Willowick over here hi neighbor! Good luck on the trip. Hoping to go again in June. And mask less.

My wife works in a school, I feel your pain.

It sure was nice being able to go whenever we wanted. We will just have to adjust. Hopefully it will be worth it since we will be taking our Granddaughter for here first trip.

Just found this! We are from Perrysburg. SSR since 2008, although we have only stayed there twice. We like Delta because it is non stop out of DTW. We drove once and are not inclined to do it again...but we are empty nesters so it's just airfare for 2.
The last time we went on Southwest was spring break 2015 (I'm a teacher too) and we had a stop in Chicago. We had to be de-iced. I heard a flight attendant say that in DTW only Delta has a de-icer just for Delta and all the other airlines share. That sealed the deal for Delta in any bad weather season! I got an AMEX card just for Disney flights so we get preferred boarding (although not right now). And we also got certified for pre-check.
Back in the day (we've been going to WDW since 2000) we have also flown out of Cleveland, Cincinnati, and Dayton. DTW is by far the easiest, with Cleveland second.
We did a spur of the moment 3 night trip August 8-12. Booked it two days out. So empty down there, just loved it, but probably won't do August again! Stayed at the Poly. Plan on a spring break trip next year at OKW. Haven't stayed there yet.

Just found this! We are from Perrysburg. SSR since 2008, although we have only stayed there twice. We like Delta because it is non stop out of DTW. We drove once and are not inclined to do it again...but we are empty nesters so it's just airfare for 2.
The last time we went on Southwest was spring break 2015 (I'm a teacher too) and we had a stop in Chicago. We had to be de-iced. I heard a flight attendant say that in DTW only Delta has a de-icer just for Delta and all the other airlines share. That sealed the deal for Delta in any bad weather season! I got an AMEX card just for Disney flights so we get preferred boarding (although not right now). And we also got certified for pre-check.
Back in the day (we've been going to WDW since 2000) we have also flown out of Cleveland, Cincinnati, and Dayton. DTW is by far the easiest, with Cleveland second.
We did a spur of the moment 3 night trip August 8-12. Booked it two days out. So empty down there, just loved it, but probably won't do August again! Stayed at the Poly. Plan on a spring break trip next year at OKW. Haven't stayed there yet.
Hey neighbor (Sylvania)! What you heard about Delta deice in DTW is true. The process has been streamlined immensely in the last several years and only adds a few minutes now in most cases. See you on board!

Agreed. Unfortunately, there isn’t much going on. When is everyone’s next trip?

With our kids and my job remote, we decided to rent a place in Orlando for a couple months this winter, so our DVC stays will be “staycation” days here and there.

we are planning on going summer of 2022. I hope the borrowing restriction is gone by then.

We are still planning on going starting New Years eve for a couple weeks. We had a lot of banked points in our resale contract we need to use before April. We have plans for the next years points already so we are on the fence or downgrading to a studio so we can bank our current points. Or renting for late 2021 or early 2022.

We are still planning on going starting New Years eve for a couple weeks. We had a lot of banked points in our resale contract we need to use before April. We have plans for the next years points already so we are on the fence or downgrading to a studio so we can bank our current points. Or renting for late 2021 or early 2022.

I have never been on a DVC (or any hotel/WDW property) stay longer than a week. That sounds great. Would it be a split stay or all at one resort?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter