OK DISers. Do you know someone personally that has the Virus?

Do You know someone personally with the Virus?

• yes

Votes: 273 55.3%
  • no

Votes: 203 41.1%
  • other

Votes: 18 3.6%

• Total voters
The doctors believe my cousin has it, but tests are nearly impossible to get. She was told to go home and isolate and return if she started experiencing breathing difficulties. That was 3 days ago. She still has a fever and her cough has gotten worse but so far she is breathing okay. She is 38. Last update I read said only 400 people in our county had been tested, 51 confirmed positive and 3 deaths.

Yes A neighbors daughter and son in law in Spain tested positive. They are home and have 2 little ones they are caring for. Another friend's grandson has it but is not hospitalized. I feel the same as LuvOrlando, I feel for those struggling right now and trying to handle things while keeping a distance. Many people cannot not be with sick loved ones and the separation is agonzing.

This :sad1:

I am in day four of quarantine. I *think* it's the flu, but just to be on the safe side as a family we decided I should stay up here in my room. Cough, fever, and fatigue so bad I had to sit on the floor in the bathroom after doing my business until I got up the strength to go back to bed. I feel very light-headed and dizzy. I too have no sense of taste or smell (which could be a flu symptom.) I called my doctor last week and he's the one who told me to quarantine for fourteen days, and that I didn't qualify for a test because although I'm over 50 I'm thankfully not having respiratory issues other than the cough. My chest doesn't feel tight, and I'm not short of breath. I'm having aches and pains like I've never experienced before-it's like being punched repeatedly in my sides and also my legs. Everyone thinks it's a good idea to sit up for awhile, so here I am. I feel like I'm riding the Teacups.

I am in day four of quarantine. I *think* it's the flu, but just to be on the safe side as a family we decided I should stay up here in my room. Cough, fever, and fatigue so bad I had to sit on the floor in the bathroom after doing my business until I got up the strength to go back to bed. I feel very light-headed and dizzy. I too have no sense of taste or smell (which could be a flu symptom.) I called my doctor last week and he's the one who told me to quarantine for fourteen days, and that I didn't qualify for a test because although I'm over 50 I'm thankfully not having respiratory issues other than the cough. My chest doesn't feel tight, and I'm not short of breath. I'm having aches and pains like I've never experienced before-it's like being punched repeatedly in my sides and also my legs. Everyone thinks it's a good idea to sit up for awhile, so here I am. I feel like I'm riding the Teacups.
Feel so bad for you, Stay hydrated Drink tea or water every hour, try to eat a little something and the weakness and lightheadedness should go away. Definitely a good idea to sit up and change position often. Hope you feel better soon. I thought everyone in Pa had the opportunity to be tested just with the symptoms you describe.

I thought everyone in Pa had the opportunity to be tested just with the symptoms you describe.

Nah, PA isn’t at that point yet. Howe er, on Philly there is a test site at Citizens Bank Park where Healthcare people or anyone over 50, who are have symptoms, can get tested without a doctor’s referral. And I think it’s any symptoms, so @BlueStarryHat might want to check that out.

I don't know anything about your symptoms, but dizzy could be from the fever. Sitting up will help. Hope you feel better soon.

Thanks for caring, guys. To clear everything up, I *am* a South Philly Girl but I currently live in New Jersey. We have more confirmed cases than anyone besides New York, and in my area testing is restricted to front line healthcare workers, police officers, and people over 50 (which I am) showing severe symptoms (which they say if I have it my case is relatively mild). Because I'm not exhibiting shortness of breath, I'm being told to stay at home and to stay upright for as long as possible, even if it means sitting up in bed so I don't develop pneumonia. If my case is considered mild, I cry for those who are really suffering.

It just keeps getting closer to us.

A teacher at our local middle school has it. She's in her 40s and hospitalized, but seems to be recovering. She was on a ventilator for a few days but is now breathing on her own, though still hospitalized.

And today, DH's boss texted him to let him know she tested positive. She'd been out most of last week, working from home since she felt a little under the weather early in the week and got progressively worse every day. By their text exchanges on Thursday and Friday she was sick enough to seek testing and we all expected it would be positive. So DH is on one-week home quarantine this week. It has been 9 days since he saw her in person, hence the one week off rather than two, but their face-to-face contact is minimal enough that he's not too worried about getting sick himself. He's pretty worried for his boss, though; she's a tough woman who never stays home sick, but she said in her texts today that she felt bad enough that she almost went to ER last night, and is struggling to breathe too badly to talk on the phone so she's communicating with her team solely by text until she starts feeling better.

I just Facetimed with my middle DS and DIL. Her brother works on the "Covid" Floor at Beaumont Hospital in Detroit and says it absolutely nuts. :sad:

There are around 150 cases in my county last time I checked. My husband had some symptoms a few days ago. He called into the doctor for a video visit, and the doctor said he didn't meet criteria for testing, so that's that. We're all staying at home like everyone else. Maybe he has a mild case, IDK, but we'll never really know unless they end up coming up with the antibody testing later on and he takes it. I do not know of anyone yet in my social circles who has it.

I have to change my vote. My cousin and his wife just tested positive.

My friend is a nurse in Illinois and she said if somebody has symptoms, she has to screen them with questions which include “have you travelled internationally” if not, they don’t qualify to go to the public health dept to get a test no matter what their symptoms. They are told to go home and quarantine for 14 days.

My DD's friend from middle/high school, has been in the hospital at least two weeks with it. Finally pulled off the respirator yesterday (great news!) and he was able to post an update to Facebook on his own. During this whole thing, they moved him from one hospital to a more serious one because they didn't think he was going to make it. He's 29 and no known underlying conditions.

I voted "other," because my BIL has come down with symptoms, but has not been tested. Similar to some other places, tests here (Ohio) are being restricted to "most severe" cases and first responders/front-line healthcare workers. They told him to self-isolate until he's been fever-free for 72 hours, or call back if he experiences more severe symptoms (difficulty breathing, etc). So far, thank goodness, he has not experienced the worsening symptoms. So we probably won't EVER know if he actually has it, but chances seem decent.

Last edited:
A friend’s mom just passed away and a 40 year old friend who’s a nurse himself just got intubated an hour or two ago.

If I can make a suggestion, for the elderly and vulnerable population, it could be helpful to have a simple pulse oximeter at home. That way you can monitor your base oxygen saturation levels. Low SpO2 can be caused by many different things, but it can be a good indicator to consult with a healthcare hotline just in case if you detect an abnormal pattern along with other symptoms.
These small, relatively inexpensive devices seem to be flying off the shelves everywhere lately.

My mother-in-law passed away from Corona today. 😪 And I couldn’t even hug my wife when we got the bad news, as my wife drove her to the hospital so was exposed and is quarantining in our guest room for another 12 days. March 2020 has turned out to be a really awful month.
So sorry for your loss. It must be frustrating and upsetting being quarantined and separated during this time. Condolences to your wife as well. I hope she remains well.

So sorry for your loss. It must be frustrating and upsetting being quarantined and separated during this time. Condolences to your wife as well. I hope she remains well.
Thank you so much. The loss is heartbreaking enough, but not being able to do the normal things like comfort my wife face to face and get the family together to come to terms with our loss just feels bizarre and unreal, like a bad dream. These are horrible times and I can’t wait for them to be over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter