OK DISers. Do you know someone personally that has the Virus?

Do You know someone personally with the Virus?

• yes

Votes: 273 55.3%
  • no

Votes: 203 41.1%
  • other

Votes: 18 3.6%

• Total voters
I wasn’t tested but on Feb 4 & 5th I was extremely, unusually tired. By the 6 th I had a sore throat, high fever, splitting headache. I was in bed from the afternoon of the 7th until the morning of the 9th... during that time I couldn’t catch my breath to the point where I thought to myself just let me get a deep breath please. I also thought please let me sleep through this. I was up vomiting, just a mess.

ive had the flu once in 2016 for two weeks but it wasn’t like this. Finally on the 9th I sat outside in the Florida sun it felt so good I was happy to be alive, then went back to bed.
I wouldn’t let DH near me, I slept in extra bedroom ( we now call it the sick room), it has its own bathroom. If I heard him coming down the hallway to approach I told him to stay back in fear he would get it.

I think what saved him is I had a bottle of 70% rubbing alcohol that I wiped down the bathroom with & bedroom doorknobs etc as soon as I was strong enough to do so.
This was before it was a thing in the U.S. but I was exposed for a very long time a couple days before I got sick to someone who was very sick as well.
hopefully if it was Corona Immune now, I couldn’t go through that again, seriously.
At this point they don’t know if you can catch it again so I will not be going anywhere.

Last edited:
Oh my goodness... a doc, wonderful father to some kids my daughter is friends with is on a vent with Covid... So close to home... Yeah, docs don't end up like this with the flu. This is more than the flu. Pray for all the healthcare workers on the frontlines, not just for them but because if a large percentage of them go, no one will be able to get treated effectively... I am so incredibly sad.

Last edited:
My mother-in-law passed away from Corona today. 😪 And I couldn’t even hug my wife when we got the bad news, as my wife drove her to the hospital so was exposed and is quarantining in our guest room for another 12 days. March 2020 has turned out to be a really awful month.

I'm really sorry to read this. My thoughts are with you, and all who've lost people to this horrible thing.

The local news earlier tonight shared a video diary of a guy who currently has Covid-19 and I officially know my first person with it. He’s a friend’s ex-boyfriend. He seems to be doing ok, no trouble with breathing, but does say this is the worst thing he’s ever had.

Probably a classmate, 33 years old. He's not tested at the moment, but how he describes it, it's not a regular severe flu (or man flu). So home quarantine it is.

I just saw a clip from experts in Belgium who had to announce the youngest victim, a 12 year old girl, suddenly her condition became worse and three days later she was gone. The doctors were clearly distraught to announce this news.

Just found out today my brother most likely has it according to his doctor. He lives in NJ and travels to NYC everyday. Started with a fever, chills and cough. Luckily, today he seems to have shaken the fever and did not need Tylenol. He is quarantining at home on a separate floor but his in-laws live with him as well as his wife (my sil) and my two nieces.

He is in touch with his doctor and is being told they don’t have enough tests so if he gets worse to go to the ER but call ahead.

Makes me mad that all these celebrities don’t seem to have a problem getting tested.

He wants to get the test because his in-laws live with them and are in their 80’s as well as to warn all his co workers he has been in recent contact with.

This just proves the actual numbers mean nothing. There has to be thousands of unreported cases.

Just found out someone I know from work lost their 20-something son today. No known health problems, competitive athlete growing up. Cold symptoms for a little over a week, was feeling better. Phone consult with doc yesterday. Trouble breathing this morning. Wasn't sick enough to be tested.

Feels shocking in a completely different way.

Just an update (post 201) .....the young lady (28) who gave birth a little over a week ago and who was tested for the Virus is now out of the hospital and doing pretty well. She got to see her baby for the first time a few days ago, according to my brother who just talked with her yesterday. :goodvibes

I'm so sorry for all of you who now have family and friends who are sick with this virus. It's gut-wrenching.

My cousin's funeral was Monday, but of course we couldn't attend. The fact that he was alone in the hospital; followed by a funeral where you cannot support his family, is hard to take.

My husband's boss was tested 12 days ago, went to the hospital 9 days ago, and was put on the vent 7 days ago. But, he appears to be rallying. They've decreased the vent settings gradually over the past 3 days. If everything continues as it has, we're expecting him to come off the vent in another 3 days to a week. We're hoping and praying.

I am in day four of quarantine. I *think* it's the flu, but just to be on the safe side as a family we decided I should stay up here in my room. Cough, fever, and fatigue so bad I had to sit on the floor in the bathroom after doing my business until I got up the strength to go back to bed. I feel very light-headed and dizzy. I too have no sense of taste or smell (which could be a flu symptom.) I called my doctor last week and he's the one who told me to quarantine for fourteen days, and that I didn't qualify for a test because although I'm over 50 I'm thankfully not having respiratory issues other than the cough. My chest doesn't feel tight, and I'm not short of breath. I'm having aches and pains like I've never experienced before-it's like being punched repeatedly in my sides and also my legs. Everyone thinks it's a good idea to sit up for awhile, so here I am. I feel like I'm riding the Teacups.

Just checking in to see how you are feeling? Better I hope. Take care of yourself.

Just checking in to see how you are feeling? Better I hope. Take care of yourself.

Thanks for asking. :)

I cannot get warm to the point of shivering under a heated blanket. I mean really shivering. I'm so tired. My fever is 102 when I'm not taking Tylenol to get it down...which is good news because it was even higher for a few days; it seems to be leveling off today and last night. Talking to my doctor today he stressed the importance of getting liquids in me because I'm badly dehydrated, so I've been drinking water when I can and chicken broth. Can't taste the broth, but it's so nice and warm I'm loving it anyway. Had some crackers with my soup, and I'll try to eat something more solid tomorrow. The water seems to be helping the dizziness, and I'm sure once I eat I'll get over the lightheaded feeling. The aches and pains are just as bad. The doctor is thinking it's the flu rather than COVID-19, and I'm inclined to agree even though I'm as sick as I've ever been in my life. My bed is about three feet from where I'm sitting and I'm going to have to roll the chair over there to get in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter