Ok, I am a bit confused? Can anyone help...

Deanie1

DIS Veteran
The Unofficial guide to WDW states that one can request a “castle tour” of Hogwarts and then ride using single rider line. What is the castle tour? Is this just going through the regular standby line? (Sorry, I know this sounds like a stupid question)

Not a dumb question. It is walking the line but not standby. It’s next to standby (could be EP line, maybe, but I’m not sure). You see the majority of the castle that way.

It's using the express line (They only fairly recently started using it as express). Either way you don't have to ride when you get to the end, just ask to head out.

Ok, that is what I thought but I wasn’t sure. I certainly will want to ride it at the end! Thanks so much for clearing this up for me!

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe they do castle tours anymore because that line is now used for Express.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe they do castle tours anymore because that line is now used for Express.

As we were arriving at the front of the line Sat a couple told the TM they were just taking the tour. I suspect they have you on camera or something to keep people from saying they are taking the tour and riding.

Sounds good. I just thought I might be missing out on something great! :) We will be doing the standby line AND riding. A few times, I hope! WE will likely do SR after the first standby line.

We were able to do a castle tour this last Friday (my wife can't handle a ride as intense as Forbidden Journey) and toured the castle via both the standard and the express lines.

You can 'castle tour' using the express line or the standard line (you see different things on each) and then you leave via the exit where the two lines rejoin. I would assume if you were a single rider, you could jump over to the single rider line at this point if you wanted to.

As we were arriving at the front of the line Sat a couple told the TM they were just taking the tour. I suspect they have you on camera or something to keep people from saying they are taking the tour and riding.

I imagine that at the point where the lines merge, they scan your express pass there if you're riding with EP. If you are just taking the castle tour without EP, they'd probably direct you to the exit since you'd have no pass to scan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts