Ok, so how scary is Tower of Terror?

I am the BIGGEST wimp when it comes to any type of thrill ride, but I rode it last month, simply because my twins (age 5) wanted to go. They did great and my dd5 wanted to ride it again. My dh and ds10 loved it and wanted to ride it again, immediately.

I will say that part of my stomach was left on one of those floors, but should we go back, I will ride it again. Looking out over the park was cool and so was the beginning of the ride. If I can do it, anyone can, honestly. I can't explain the ride but as others said it it wasn't scary and it was a very smooth ride, but coming off the seat during those drops freaked me out just a little. But we also came off laughing.

But you must ride it at least once!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My bet is that you will want to go again. :sunny:

My DD-age 10 absolutely loves Splash and would do it over and over again. Last year she begged and begged to rided ToT, even though she doesn't do well with drops on roller coasters. I gave in and let her ride with her Dad. She came off the ride crying and running to my arms, sobbing. If the weightless feeling in your stomach bothers you on roller coasters, I would think twice.

SpectroBelle said:
If the weightless feeling in your stomach bothers you on roller coasters, I would think twice.

I agree. I don't mind bumpy/fast thrill rides, but I hate roller coasters because I hate feeling the "drop." I rode TOT once in WDW, just to say I did, and I will never do it again. At the time, it was one big drop done twice. I've never been so terrified (hah!) in my life. I was screaming non-stop. I still feel nerves in my stomach as I'm typing this... 8 years later! Some people laugh after having a scream fit, but I don't find it pleasant. For me, it was one of my worst nightmares come true. :scared1:

I thought this ride was very spooky and creepy, with scary sights not appropriate for younger children (except those who like that sort of thing)? I was definitely thinking it wasn't for me (don't do creepy!) or for DS5, who at least for now doesn't like to be scared. Is it more of an up-down rollercoaster type of ride? (Forgive me, we haven't been to DL yet...)

Thanks everyone!

I'll give it a try (if I don't chicken out.)

If I haven't posted back by July 4, you'll know it killed me!

I am a person who hates the real stomach killers like at magic mountain etc. I find tower of terror to be one of the most fun rides in the parks!! The drop is unbelieavably smooth so you dont feel like you are going to die. I would say if you can handle splash mountain then the Tower of Terror is going to be ok but it is a little more thrilling.

Im so addicted to TOT...Ive ridden in all 3 elevators and I swear each one is different...just seems that way...but I ride with my hands in the air the whole time as now its not as extreme holding on to something lol...

It's a lot of fun...both my kids like it, even my then 5yo. :)

The first drop is a bit of a surprise...but it's a blast.

Have a great trip. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter