Okay, tell me how much I'll love AKL!

pajamommy

DIS Oldtimer
Just booked 4 nights at AKL, after the first 3 nights of our stay at ASMo. We've stayed at Movies before, the kids love it, but never at AKL. DH thinks its kind of out of the way, far from everything, etc. But, DD really wants to try it. So, it is as great as everyone says? Please tell me it is!!:)

If the idea of sipping your morning coffee on your balcony while watching zebra and giraffe below is appealing to you, you'll love it! If the idea of trying a couple of wonderful restaurants with exotic african foods and wines appeals to you, you'll love it. If you are at all interested in a fantastic collection of African art, and a gift shop with wonderful african crafts, you'll love it. If the idea of sitting around a fire pit and sharing your day's experiences with other guests or listening to stories told by CMs appeal to you, you'll love it. If sitting in a hot tub at the end of the day and listening to exotic animal sounds appeals to ytou, you'll love it. If relaxing in a resort that feels like traveling to Africa appeals to you, well.... you get the idea.
If you want to run yourself ragged, spending all your time in the parks and maybe just taking a quick splash in the pool and a burger from the food court at the end of the day is what you have in mind, you'd probably be better off sticking with the ASMo.

From our experience, the fact that AKL is "out of the way" really meant nothing, since we hardly left it the whole time we stayed there. We did go to DAK which is right nearby, but other than that, we swam, sat by the fires, and watched animals most of the time we were there. It was a great end to our trip, and I think you'll come back happy you did it.

Be sure to let us know!

pajamommy, Last yr when I went to see AKL I did think it was ut of the way. This yr when I went I decided to stay there and loved it. it isn't out of the way in one respect but it is out of the way as far as hopping on a monorail and getting to MK or walking to Epcot or a boat ride to MGM. It was really nice at night watching the animals graze (and there was lots of them on the kudo side) then in the morning getting up to seeing the animals start there day off (again there were alot of animals). Will I stay there again next yr, you bet ya, it was a GREAT resort.
:) :bounce:

Originally posted by pajamommy
Just booked 4 nights at AKL, after the first 3 nights of our stay at ASMo. We've stayed at Movies before, the kids love it, but never at AKL. DH thinks its kind of out of the way, far from everything, etc. But, DD really wants to try it. So, it is as great as everyone says? Please tell me it is!!:)

Jen ~

It IS a little bit out of the way, but .. after thinking about it, and realizing just how much I loved the resort, I'm STILL going back again for the second part of my trip next month! It is just such a neat, unique resort! It really is unlike any of the others, deluxe, moderate or value. You may very well find that you don't want to leave it! I don't think you'll regret your decision at all!

Judi
Travels with ..

Thanks everyone, for all your words of wisdom!! I'm sure we're going to love it! Especially after the 3 nights at ASMo, we only do that for the kids, lol! DS has to see the giant Buzz and Woody! Last time, we moved over to WL after Movies, and we love that resort, DH and I had stayed there before, so we knew we'd like it, but we only visited AKL once last time to eat at Boma, and we didn't have enough time to really check it out well. Thanks for telling me your experiences!:D

You'll absolutely hate it!

They have animals strolling freely outside.
And the CMs are just too friendly.
Plus they have some of the moste exotic restaurants on property.
Did I mention the place was dark and full of African stuff?
And the Pool ... its so big you'll never bump into anyone. How are you suppose to meet people with a pool like that.
Did I mention those friendly CMs?
Apparently Im told once you go, you're hooked. Now is that the way to spend a well-earned vacation.
Did I mention they have animals?

BTW. I'm hoping you have the same sense of humour as me.
Go. Stay. Enjoy. Im sure you'll love it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter