OKW 2BR lock-off vs. dedicated

Dopey Sharon

Proud Mimi of our first grandchild, Lily
I searched and can't find the answer. Do both rooms have a door between the 1br part and the studio part or does only the lock-off have the door?

You won't have a balcony in the second bedroom for dedicated, nor a kitchenette in the second bedroom. But you will have an extra bathroom sink outside the bathroom for the second bedroom with dedicated. And a really large closet in the second bedroom as well (but no door to the outside). You'll have two queen beds no matter what in each second bedroom.

In the dedicated, the door to the studio portion is just the bedroom door. In the lockoff, it's a double door that locks on each side.

So, there is a door that can be shut between the one bedroom and studio in a dedicated 2 br?

So, there is a door that can be shut between the one bedroom and studio in a dedicated 2 br?
Yes. With the dedicated, it's just another bedroom with a door to shut between. With the lockoff, it's two doors that both lock on their own side and probably not a doorknob on the inner side of the door.

Great! I should know this, since we've stayed in a 2br at OKW a lot, but I just could not remember if there was always a door that we could close between the units. We're going with our daughter, son in law and five year old granddaughter. We need to have that door to close! Thanks so much!

yeah, theres a door, its just a normal bedroom door in a dedicated. In the other one, its basically a studio room and a 1 bedroom suite with a lockable door between because they can be rented out separately or together, like adjoining hotel rooms. However, if you are wanting to share the space with family, and dont need the lockable door, i would go with the dedicated. There is a larger closet in the area where the kitchenette is, and that is important when you need the storage for longer trips and dont need a kitchenette because you obviously have access to the big kitchen. Basically its whether you want that second bedroom to be like a separate hotel room or if youd rather it feel like a bedroom in the larger apartment of the suite.

we decided on the dedicated at OKW for our June trip, so i sympathize with this choice, it was complicated to figure out!

Yeah, we just need a door to shut to give us both some privacy. Having their own outside door and balcony is nice, but it's good to they both have a door to close between units. Enjoy your trip!

A lock off will have a door to the outside in the second bedroom. I also like having that laundry room as opposed to the laundry closed in other dvc units.

DVC hasn't removed bedroom doors just yet. But it could become an option for a cost in the future (after March 21, 2018).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter