Okw 5-11/5-18

landiscarrier

Earning My Ears
We stayed at OKW in Building 37 (3712 to be exact). This was our second stay at OKW, we own at SSR. I was not happy with the room, kind of dirty and my wife killed 2 cockroaches, one was VERY large. The airconditioning was not working very well and water was leaking out of the "locked closet" in the washer dryer area. As clean as Disney keeps all of their parks I am suprised at how dirty the outside balcony/patio areas are. Not necessarilty the patio but the grounds around the patio. One other note the bed were completely worn out! I think we will be staying at SSR with cleaner rooms and newer furniture.

The parks were fairly busy, we have been going in May around the same time for the past 5 years and this was the biggest May crowd we have seen.

All in all though a good fun family vacation! Might get another visit in this year in October or November!

EEEEE!!! Leaking water would be a scare in and of itself. Sorry to hear that your visit to OKW was less than you would have liked.

Also a SSR lover and hope you have many more stays that are very magical!

~DW:3dglasses

I keep reading about the dirty balconies. FL just had some really bad fires with lots of smoke. Then when you get rain, you get dirty surfaces.

As for the roaches, they are FL wildlife, not really indicators of poor housekeeping. Unless you get the little brown German roaches. The great big ones would be similar to alligators, dive bombing birds and other things that your find. Those big old palmetto bugs survived the Ice Age when it killed the dinosaurs.

I hope you hit the "Maintenance" button on your phone to report the leaking AC unit. That's the best way to get it fixed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter