OKW bus question from new UK member

Hilary

There's always something new to learn!
Hi there!

I usually post on the UK DIS site, but I've been reading all the posts here since joining DVC a few weeks ago (due to close on July 5th!), and I can't begin to tell you what a great help you've all been. Thanks :D

I'd like to know what the bus service is like from OKW to the parks. We've always found the busses to be fine for our requirements when we've stayed at the Disney Resorts, but being new to DVC I wondered whether there was any difference for the DVC resorts. What about the boat to Downtown Disney? Is that crowded and do you have a long wait?

We've got our first DVC reservation coming up in October at OKW, and I can't wait!

First of all - Welcome Home

I have found the bus system at OKW to be just like the buses at other WDW resorts. Most of the time we do not wait more than 10 min for a bus. there have been reports from other DVC members of longer waits, but that has not been our experience. (Granted waits at opening and closing are usually longer)

The boats are nice. The waits for these can be long especially around lunch time coming back to the resort. We have had to wait 30 min before. But it is a nice relaxing ride back to the resort.

Welcome Home

From a fellow UK DVC Member family, we have bought 250 points at VWL at the start of this year. When do you plan to visit for your first trip home, we are due to visit OKW and VWL in July.

Stevie Kay
Inverness
Scotland

Welcome Home!

The buses are the same as at other WDW resorts. OKW does have it's pwn bus. Just ask the driver for an approximate schedule for the park you are going to.

The boats to DD run every 20 minutes, but not all day. Last one is at 9:40PM. The buses run there also.

There is also a walkway to DD which takes about 15 minutes to walk from building 55 to Cirque. If you do a search here, CaskBill has posted photos and other information about the various walkways at DVC resorts.

Enjoy your trip.

We have been to OKW in October 3 or 4 times. We have our car so don't use the busses. Last March we were there and our kids used the busses with no problems. Also in October they have use the boat to DD and didn't have a problem.
You will love OKW. We will be there 10/21 for three nights. If you are there after 10/20 try the Wine and Food Festival at Epcot.

Thanks for the tips (and the welcome:) )

Doc - I tried doing a search for the photos you mentioned, but couldn't get anything - do you have any ideas what else I could try in the 'search'?

StephenKay - we bought at VWL, but will be taking our first DVC trip to OKW this October. Just starting to plan for next year!

BIllM - yes, DH is really looking forward to the Food & Wine festival. We have been at that time twice before, and each time he says we'll have to do more of the 'tastings' at Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter