OKW did i book standard or near hospitality house?

keishashadow

Proud Redhead...yes, I have some bananas!
Booked this category today @ OKW. Would be our first time staying here, finally:

“Deluxe Studio. Florida special accessible room and option for hearing accessibility. 2 queen beds”

upon checking the room finder website, I only see one unit listed & located in bldg 13 (Hospitality house section)

I asked MS, Informed they don’t have access to that info.

does anybody know if this is the only room in the category there? That would be our preferred location. Just seems odd it doesn’t specify near hospital house If so.

Don’t want to use a waitlist request if not necessary

I've heard that the Touring Plans room finder is not entirely accurate when it comes to the HA rooms. It seems to identify that room as "roll-in shower" but the room description you gave doesn't mention roll-in shower. I also noticed the room finder doesn't show any studios with "wheelchair accessible with tub" and yet that is a booking category at OKW. So I'm not sure the room-finder is identifying all HA rooms correctly.

I've heard that the Touring Plans room finder is not entirely accurate when it comes to the HA rooms. It seems to identify that room as "roll-in shower" but the room description you gave doesn't mention roll-in shower. I also noticed the room finder doesn't show any studios with "wheelchair accessible with tub" and yet that is a booking category at OKW. So I'm not sure the room-finder is identifying all HA rooms correctly.
No, they say there's no studio with tub and rails on the first floor at BCV, yet I'm in one right now.
Correction-I just double-checked, and they do say there's a HA room on the first floor, but they say it has a roll-in shower, not a tub with rails.

So I'm not sure the room-finder is identifying all HA rooms correctly.
Appears so, at least for villas

I called Dvc back this afternoon.

Told that ‘all’ DVC FL special studios have showers vs tubs.

Believe that was incorrect info

Also, told that (other than HA rooms), all
other accessible studio units are located on 1st floor or in one of (4) buildings with elevators

Not so sure that is correct either

dug a bit more on MS website. If i pulled them up correctly, these are the only accessible studio categories Offered

IMG_4518.jpeg

how my reservation is stated in my DVC Dashboard

IMG_4519.jpeg

Other than the “near Hospitality House” selection, don’t see any other options listed for the FL accessible studios.

MS booked this for me after transferring around some points within my membership. CM indicated at that time it was a standard location, not the hospitality house Area

while digging around on the website, realized I hadn’t added any of my party’s info to the res. Tried to do online today. Kept getting the circling thing. Called in, they added My guests.

I mentioned I couldn’t access the reservation to modify & add the guests myself. was told since member services made it for me, the only further action I can complete online would be cancellation. Any further modifications desired need to be accomplished by calling back into them.

Never ran into this, is it something new?

MS also said this booking info really should indicate “Near Hospitality House” if it is in that area. Regardless, I will have “a“ room available, somewhere @ OKW When we arrive the end of June.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter