• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OKW Lithograph Hunt

AFMom

DIS Veteran
Ok - so I've checked e-bay (the place to find everything), and no luck..... Any suggestions on where I could look to buy an OKW lithograph? Just framed up my new SSR one, but our OKW was a resale purchase, so we didn't get any fun Disney items! I'd love to have a framed set of our home resorts! I wonder if MS has any they'll sell - I guess I can call them Monday..... but I have a feeling that isn't going to happen! Thanks!

Are you looking for an "Official litho" or just a litho of OKW?

There is a gentleman who does paintings of the resorts, the paintings are then sold at the resorts.

Cheryl

I didn't think there was an "official" OKW lithograph. If there is, I want one too!
I think you're thinking of Larry Dotson, who does some real nice pictures around WDW. I've got several of his. I bought a real nice one in the OKW General Store (actually I don't know if that one was by him-sure looked it).
But can anyone verify that there even is an "official" OKW litho?

We purchased an OKW add-on last year and asked our guide about the lithos since we have a collection of our other home resorts. She told us they did not make lithos of OKW when DVC started so there were none available. She did however send us a nice print of the front of the resort. Hope that helps. This is why we love our guide!

Here is a link to Ann Irvine's drawing of "Key West Magic". She was the artist commissioned by DVC to do the artwork when OKW opened up. I have puchased this litho from her and have it framed in my hallway. The link is to her webpage. Click on the KW Magic pic. She has artwork in in villas, too. Apparently the CM you spoke to was giving you incorrect info. OKW did have artwork when they opened. I remember going there in 1996 and seeing her work for sale in the GS.

http://www.artistzone.org/paintings/irvine/irvin.htm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter