OKW location

GCM13

Mouseketeer
When I made our reservation at OKW, I just requested a room close to the Hospitality House not knowing what is the best location. After doing more research and looking at the resort map, I think we would want to be able to use the main pool. Would this be the right request to be near the pool? If not, what should we request? Is this even a good location? I'd appreciate any advice!

I think your request is as good as any other. I believe the main pool is close to the hospitality house. If you request a room across from the main pool, over the bridge, the distant will be about the same. We like to stay near the other pools, away from the busy area. That is just what we like. The main pool is very nice, and so are the others. Have a great trip.

Thanks for your opinion Merilyn. So the main pool and hospitality area is busy I take it? We won't have a car, so I was thinking that it would be better to be close to the main pool and restaurant. If we ended up in a building across the bridge and across from the main pool, how busy is that road to cross (Peninsular Rd?)? Would it be an easy walk with kids?

Pennisular is a very EASY walk to the main pool/Hospitality House. It is also the first bus stop for the route, so if you miss the bus you want, just walk up to the Hospitality House and catch that same bus there since that stop is the bus's last stop!

Peninsular is very safe and easy to cross. Our son-in-law thought that the coolest thing on our last trip was when the Disney bus would stop so that we could cross in front of it. He said it made him feel really powerful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter