OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

We are looking at renting here for next February 2019. Will all rooms be refurbished by then? Also what rooms are closest to the main pool and how long is the walk to the main pool from the farthest rooms? Thank you.

We are looking at renting here for next February 2019. Will all rooms be refurbished by then? Also what rooms are closest to the main pool and how long is the walk to the main pool from the farthest rooms? Thank you.
No, work is expected to continue into 2019. You are only about ten minutes from anywhere at OKW to the Hospitality House. Near Hospitality House is a booking category for DVC points and would not be available for cash and would be gone by seven months out. You would need to book that closer to eleven months out. There is a map of OKW at the beginning of this thread.

The farthest building (50) from Olivia's and the main pool is about 2/3 of a mile, it seems farther. That is equivalent to about 1/2 way around World Showcase Promenade. But, you can also hop on any park bus to take you to the front, and when ready to return to your room. walk across the bridge to the Peninsular Road bus stop and again hop on any park bus.

03D23307-3E4A-46C8-B572-02FF0C525D41.jpeg
Staying at old key west for the first time and this is what the bottom of the coffee table looks like . Only noticed bc my kids were playing on the floor and thought it was awesome . Everything else has looked ok but every inch of the bottom of that table has kid graffiti on it

Staying at old key west for the first time and this is what the bottom of the coffee table looks like . Only noticed bc my kids were playing on the floor and thought it was awesome . Everything else has looked ok but every inch of the bottom of that table has kid graffiti on it
People are disgusting. Allowing their children to deface furniture like that.

OK now, be honest. How many people are now going to look at the bottom of the coffee table on their next visit...?
I guess a lot of people look bc kids have been signing their names from 2002-2017. I would make my kids march down to the front desk and apologize and I’d pay a cleaning fee or something if I caught them doing it. It doesn’t bother me really that I saw it but this unit does really need refurbishing which I guess should be coming soon! I do love the size of this one bedroom unit and the location in building 14 is perfect!

OK now, be honest. How many people are now going to look at the bottom of the coffee table on their next visit...?
I won't look, I prefer to believe in my own way that people actually respect other people's property...even though, as a landlord, I know better. At least that isn't "adult" graffiti in red magic marker, like I had tenants leave me with on off-white walls.

I guess a lot of people look bc kids have been signing their names from 2002-2017. I would make my kids march down to the front desk and apologize and I’d pay a cleaning fee or something if I caught them doing it. It doesn’t bother me really that I saw it but this unit does really need refurbishing which I guess should be coming soon! I do love the size of this one bedroom unit and the location in building 14 is perfect!
Except they are reusing these alligator finish coffee tables.

....what is the 'bus situation' at OKW? My friend had her heart set on this resort until her DH heard that wait can be up to 40 minutes for a bus!

....what is the 'bus situation' at OKW? My friend had her heart set on this resort until her DH heard that wait can be up to 40 minutes for a bus!
In general, OKW busses are no worse and no better than any other Disney resort. They are supposed to run ever 20 minutes, but sometimes, and it seems to happen more with MK busses, they will be one right behind another, so it can be a delayed wait time. But, again, that can happen at any resort. Remember that OKW has 5 bus stops in the resort, and the park busses stop at each, so it can take a while to ride through the resort. But, then again, usually other resorts share busses, like Boardwalk, Swan, Dolphin...or Contemporary, Poly and GF...so that can also mean a delay.

Looking forward to our first stay at OKW. We have a room booked near the HH. My DS and I have a tee time booked at the LBV Golf course. Does anyone know how far the walk is from the HH to the LBV Club House?

Looking forward to our first stay at OKW. We have a room booked near the HH. My DS and I have a tee time booked at the LBV Golf course. Does anyone know how far the walk is from the HH to the LBV Club House?
I'm going to guess about 30 minutes, as the path to LBV/Saratoga Springs starts near bldg 55 at OKW, and the Disney Mom's panel estimated it takes 20 minutes to walk from OKW bldg 55 to SSR.

Here is a photo of the walking path I found on another site called ExploreWDW.com, but it isn't 100% accurate, as it shows the trail on the wrong side of the waterway. Look and see the little bridge by building 55, that is where the trail actually begins.

DTD-from-Old-Key-West-and-Saratoga-Springs.jpg

Last edited:
I'm going to guess about 30 minutes, as the path to LBV/Saratoga Springs starts near bldg 55 at OKW, and the Disney Mom's panel estimated it takes 20 minutes to walk from OKW bldg 55 to SSR.

Here is a photo of the walking path I found on another site called ExploreWDW.com, but it isn't 100% accurate, as it shows the trail on the wrong side of the waterway. Look and see the little bridge by building 55, that is where the trail actually begins.

DTD-from-Old-Key-West-and-Saratoga-Springs.jpg
Unless your name is Jesus, you aren't going to be walking that blue route. That's almost the boat route on the water from OKW (Trumbo Canal to the Sassagoula River to the lagoon at Disney Springs). The boat doesn't stop at SSR. If you have a tee time at LBV course, you should be able to get a free ride over there. Contact the golf course or the front desk about that. It's at least a mile to Disney Springs walking (to the Cirque venue). Some of that path might be cart path as well and pedestrians are required to stay off the cart paths. The path isn't lit when it is dark. If you have an early tee time, it could be dark on that path.

I've never waited 40 minutes at OKW. 20 at most. But a 40 minutes wait might happen at any resort if there is a problem somewhere.

It's a simple walk across to LBV. There is a path (I think it's signposted as 'nature trail'?) alongside the canal and comes out next to the first tee. I would say a 30 minute walk at worst. We did it in October and it was actually quite pleasant. They will call you a free taxi to LBV if you prefer.

Unless this has changed recently you can get a taxi to/from the course for free. Contact either the golf shop at LBV or Bell services at OKW for a voucher.

I've never waited 40 minutes at OKW. 20 at most. But a 40 minutes wait might happen at any resort if there is a problem somewhere.
....we've visited WDW 14 times, and I don't recall EVER waiting for a bus more than 20 minutes. I'd think that, especially since this resort is strictly "villa", or "DVC", that they'd 'cater' to their clientele a little more.....

....we've visited WDW 14 times, and I don't recall EVER waiting for a bus more than 20 minutes. I'd think that, especially since this resort is strictly "villa", or "DVC", that they'd 'cater' to their clientele a little more.....
Who would cater?

The buses aren't DVC Buses? It's just like SSR or others for that matter.
SSR has internal stops as well, just like CBR does (6 I believe there). Best bet is to just try and hop on the one at the last stop...Usually that would mean at the HH, or @ SSR it would be the Carriage House,(err) Springs bus stop!....:teacher:popcorn::

Last edited:
Who would cater?

The buses aren't DVC Buses? It's just like SSR or others for that matter.
SSR has internal stops as well, just like CBR does (6 I believe there). Best bet is to just try and hop on the one at the last stop...Usually that would mean at the HH, or @ SSR it would be the Carriage House....:teacher:popcorn::
....I figured that it would be something like CBR, which is one of the reasons why Im not a fan of CBR (although I have to admit, we were located near the bus stop where it happened to be "first on, first off".)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!