OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

Hoping someone can help. This will be our third stay at OKW in September. I have lost the map we had of the resort. Can anyone tell me where I can find one? A printable one would be great. Also what buildings are considered HH area?

That sucks that you were located so close to a clearly inconsiderate family, but I have found that no matter what hotel I have stayed at if you have people that let their kids do whatever they want and make a lot of noise and run around you will hear it. I don't think that's necessarily isolated to Old Key West.

I was told that they try to put families with kids on the lower floors so that others will not hear them running overhead.

Any chance of making a list of buildings renovated? Ty!
I do not have a list, but I can tell you we were in refurbished 2 bedroom 4732, so building 47 is one of the refurbished buildings. To help increase our chances for a refurbished room, I made no other request than that at checkin. We did have to wait until 4:15pm for our room to be ready, but it was beyond worth it. The rooms were gorgeous and spotless. It was the best room we have stayed in at Disney after many resort stays (BC, WL, CR, BLT, Poly, AKL and AKL Kidani). They did a fantastic job with the refurb. We also loved Old Key West. I could've just hung out at the resort for days. It was a hidden gem that we definitely will be returning to!

Last edited:
I do not have a list, but I can tell you we were in refurbished 2 bedroom 4732, so building 47 is one of the refurbished buildings. To help increase our chances for a refurbished room, I made no other request than that at checkin. We did have to wait until 4:15pm for our room to be ready, but it was beyond worth it. The rooms were gorgeous and spotless. It was the best room we have stayed in at Disney after many resort stays (BC, WL, CR, BLT, Poly, AKL and AKL Kidani). They did a fantastic job with the refurb. We also loves Old Key West. I could've just hung out at the resort for days. It was a hidden gem that we definitely will be returning to!
Ok well I saw this on another thread

Attachments

• BA6DCE7F-4776-495E-BD0C-0ECB479FB4F6.png
    BA6DCE7F-4776-495E-BD0C-0ECB479FB4F6.png
    203.3 KB · Views: 69
Hoping someone can help. This will be our third stay at OKW in September. I have lost the map we had of the resort. Can anyone tell me where I can find one? A printable one would be great. Also what buildings are considered HH area?

Attachments

• 49634E98-40A2-41A3-9490-F38C7329C3E2.jpeg
    49634E98-40A2-41A3-9490-F38C7329C3E2.jpeg
    129.8 KB · Views: 28
Looks like you have spent a lot of vacations in New England. Those are some of our haunts.
Yes when we first joined we enjoyed some vacations thru RCI in Maine, Vermont and MA which we loved! We are overdue for a NE trip but have a big family trip planned in December in WDW! Staying in OKW for the first time so we r all looking forward to it! I'm happy to see RCI is now offering discounted cash stays so maybe next year! It's really not a good use of DVC points! We live on Long Island, if Maine wasn't so far away we would def consider retiring there!

Yes when we first joined we enjoyed some vacations thru RCI in Maine, Vermont and MA which we loved! We are overdue for a NE trip but have a big family trip planned in December in WDW! Staying in OKW for the first time so we r all looking forward to it! I'm happy to see RCI is now offering discounted cash stays so maybe next year! It's really not a good use of DVC points! We live on Long Island, if Maine wasn't so far away we would def consider retiring there!

You will love OKW. The first thing that strikes you is how pretty it is. The second will be you can't believe that you are really so close to all the chaos but it seems like you are somewhere else. Great place to decompose after a busy day at the parks.

Do all of the bus stops have screens that approximate bus arrivals times, or just the stop at the HH? We will have a car for the first time, and figured it can be a back up in case we walk up to a bus stop and the wait looks long. I know the times aren't always super accurate, but if we walk up to a bus stop and it says it's going to be 15 minutes before a bus comes, we figure we'll just hop in the car. Obviously this strategy will only work if we are either placed in a) the HH where I know there is a screen or if b) the other bus stops have screens. We aren't staying on points, so we aren't necessarily in or out of the HH area. We are requesting buildings 30-35, but a request is just a request :-)

Do all of the bus stops have screens that approximate bus arrivals times, or just the stop at the HH? We will have a car for the first time, and figured it can be a back up in case we walk up to a bus stop and the wait looks long. I know the times aren't always super accurate, but if we walk up to a bus stop and it says it's going to be 15 minutes before a bus comes, we figure we'll just hop in the car. Obviously this strategy will only work if we are either placed in a) the HH where I know there is a screen or if b) the other bus stops have screens. We aren't staying on points, so we aren't necessarily in or out of the HH area. We are requesting buildings 30-35, but a request is just a request :-)

If I am remembering correctly, all of the bus stops have screens.

Just because the bus stops have screens doesn’t mean they are accurate. I’ve watched plenty of screens add 10 minutes every 10 minutes.

Just because the bus stops have screens doesn’t mean they are accurate. I’ve watched plenty of screens add 10 minutes every 10 minutes.

Exactly. So if that starts happening, it'll be nice to be able to just hop in the car. Even though they screens aren't 100% accurate, I do appreciate what they're trying to do. It's better than being kept totally in the dark!

Exactly. So if that starts happening, it'll be nice to be able to just hop in the car. Even though they screens aren't 100% accurate, I do appreciate what they're trying to do. It's better than being kept totally in the dark!
But by the time you walk back to your car, get loaded up, the bus might arrive. 15 minutes is nothing waiting for a bus. Plus, depending on where you have to park, you might be a lot further than the bus stop at the theme park.

But by the time you walk back to your car, get loaded up, the bus might arrive. 15 minutes is nothing waiting for a bus. Plus, depending on where you have to park, you might be a lot further than the bus stop at the theme park.

I know. That's why I've always used the buses in the past, even when I've had a car. People are always talking about how driving to the parks is so much faster and easier, and I've never understood that. But we'll see - this is our first trip taking both of our kids (ages 18 months and 4 years) so we'll be trying all sorts of new things to see which hassle of loading and unloading, waiting and walking is the easiest. Or maybe I should say least difficult. Lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!