OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

Did you get free park admission until 2000 with the early contracts? A friend of mine bought OKW when it first opened and I thought he told me that.
We bought in Nov 1997 and just missed out on the free park admission. But we were able to use our stay at the Polynesian as our down payment.
We have not stayed at OKW in YEARS... are all rooms refurbished, and as of when? Thanks!
The rooms are clean and fresh, but almost empty of Key West theming inside the villas. The beautiful artwork they used to have has pretty much all been replaced with cartoon style Mickey/Minnie stuff.

We bought in Nov 1997 and just missed out on the free park admission. But we were able to use our stay at the Polynesian as our down payment.

The rooms are clean and fresh, but almost empty of Key West theming inside the villas. The beautiful artwork they used to have has pretty much all been replaced with cartoon style Mickey/Minnie stuff.
Yes, I miss the days when the Disney/Mickey was more subtle, nice little touches like the railing slats with mickey head cutouts...so you knew you were in Disney, but it wasn't in your face. Nothing really says "Old Key West" style decor any more. Much more generic.

Headed down tomorrow for our first OKW stay! Excited to see the resort for the first time:) Was supposed to be running in the Wine & Dine, but when it cancelled we decided to make it a boozy girls trip!

If you go to the DS website, there is a list of happy hours! Our favorite is the Hole in the Wall, which I think runs from 3-6 PM, but there are several to choose from.

We rented DVC points and are staying at OKW for the first time in a few weeks in a studio room. I've read that studios have disposable plates, cups, etc. and a coffee maker. Has any of this changed with COVID? How many supplies are you given? We will be there for 10 days. Do we need to bring some supplies from home? Coffee from home?

We rented DVC points and are staying at OKW for the first time in a few weeks in a studio room. I've read that studios have disposable plates, cups, etc. and a coffee maker. Has any of this changed with COVID? How many supplies are you given? We will be there for 10 days. Do we need to bring some supplies from home? Coffee from home?
We brought coffee from home, as there was only one coffee pack in the room. I can't speak to the supplies since covid, but I would guess that the paper plates/cups etc. are still there.

Good evenping. Anyone there now that can tell me has the playgrounds reopened? Thanks in advanc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts