OKW - need info please

kel3420

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
I just booked a one bedroom at OKW for November 16th. I really have no info on this resort. Would anyone be so kind to give me a little information, such as what would be a good view, preferred restaurants, etc. What is the pool like? My husband will be taking our two oldest to IOA for the day, while our youngest and I will hang out at the resort.

This will be our first time staying at a DVC resort. One night at OKW and then 7 nights at VB.

Thanks for any and all info.

OKW is a great resort (although I may be biased since it's my home resort) - very quiet and beautiful. I think pretty much all of the buildings have great views given how the resort is laid out but you might want to ask for a building close to the main building so that you and your youngets can get there while the rest of your family is at IOA. There are a few pools throughout the property but the one near the main building is the biggest. You can also rent bicycles, etc. there. The main building itself has a game room and area for kids activities. The only restaurant is Olivia's, which is very nice. At least as of last summer, there were boats that ran between OKW and Disney Marketplace (starting in late afternoon, I think), which has more options for eating and lots of options for shopping. I would recommend going there for dinner and eating breakfast at Olivia's. Have fun!!!

You will probably have a great day at OKW. Perhaps Mom could get a message while junior is participating in some crafts thing at the Community Center? Check out the schedule at the Community Center as there are planned activities through out the day. You can hit any of the pools or play area near the main pool or you can sit on your deck and read or just waste the afternoon. Get some videos for the youngster. I don’t know how old your youngest is but I suggest bringing stroller, there are great walkways all over OKW. You can walk to Downtown, then take the boat (or bus) back.

Ask for units 45, 46 or 55 these units are near one of the 3 quiet pools, and they have a view of the canal from the balconies. Unit 11 thru 14 are at the front of the complex and near the main pool, all the units have great views of the golf course. lakes or canals, I don't think there is a bad view at this resort. OKW is our home resort also and it's to bad that you can't spend more then one day there!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter