okw one bedroom standard vs boluder ridge studio... torn. 40 more points for old key west. this november

auralia

DIS Veteran
I was just playing with our dvc reservation in November and an okw one bedroom is open vs our boulder ridge studio reservation. I am torn on if it's worth the extra points also vs location/transportation which is a key factor. We usually go every other year i have an 80 point contract at old key west and we use 100-160 points when we go usually. I have 76 points i can borrow from next year so thats not a problem. We have a car. we have 2 HS days, 2 MK days, on AK, and one epcot day planned over the week. The lodge gives access to the magic kingdom boat, but its a long walk. Plans are to drive to epcot and animal kingdom and to uber/lyft for hs to the speedway and walk. at wilderness lodge we could take the boat or bus to MK. the walk to the boat is pretty long... at okw im guessing we'd be at the mercy of the bus.... perk of OKW is we would be able to park right outside our room though. I don't like driving to ttt as then you are forced to monorail/boat which I find usually takes more time than just busing, but that was pre covid disney.

2 adults, 2 kids (13 and 10). I consider myself a disney expert on a normal day, but covid has thrown much of my knowledge out the window... thoughts?

much appreciate the insight!

Just remembered the new borrow rule of only 50% so I am guessing I can't even swing it unless there is something that says within x amount of days of a reservation you can borrow more than 50% :(

I don't believe that they are waiving the 50% rule, but if you can borrow 38 of the 40 points needed, you could buy 2 one time use points @ $19.00. I would always go with a 1 BR over a studio if I have the points to do it. The extra space, the king size bed, the full kitchen and the laundry make it a no-brainer for me. I also really love the space at OKW. OKW also has a sleeper sofa and a sleeper chair so your two kids would each have their own beds.

In the studio they will also have their own beds, because of the bed in the cabinet.

I would stay in the studio because you may change you mind and want to go back for the anniversary year!

Because of the ambiance of the WL, I would stay there as well!

I'd stick with the studio at WL. Less points=more Disney. :) My motto is: If you want more living space, washers/dryers/kitchens... you can get that at home.

In the studio they will also have their own beds, because of the bed in the cabinet.

I would stay in the studio because you may change you mind and want to go back for the anniversary year!

Because of the ambiance of the WL, I would stay there as well!
In the OKW one bedroom, they get their own beds, too. One queen sleeper sofa and one twin sleeper chair. And both have more room than in the studio.

I’m a huge fan of 1+ bedrooms. We have done studios and 1-2 berms and studios feel cramped to me. Also if having your own car - OKW would be my choice. I’m an owner there too and love it! WL is fantastic for theming but the studios are pretty small feeling to me for just our family of 2 adults, 1 teen and toddler.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!