OKW or SSR?

OKW for us, but we are partial because it is our home resort. :love: It is spacious, beautifully decorated and generally a very relaxing resort. I love the grounds and the way the resort is configured. It is always a pleasure to stay there. We love the quiet pools and hot tubs and adore the restaurant, Olivia's. OKW won our hearts long ago and still remains our absolute favorite.

We are staying at SSR beginning next Saturday because we wanted a studio with a couch and a bed, not two beds - this is a relatively short trip. That is the only negative about OKW, IMHO. It gets tiresome sitting on a bed - or on those hard chairs! :rolleyes: - if you stay in a studio much longer than a few days. SSR is very nice and we have already stayed there once in August 2004. I am eager to see how it has changed. I like the fact it is within walking distance of DDT for dining options (Artist's Palette at SSR has a very basic menu). There was a lot of construction going on when we last visited so we are anxious to see what has changed since then. The rooms are not as large as OKW, but are beautifully decorated. I understand the spa is really nice, although we have not tried it. I did not think the front desk folks were as personable as they could have been when we visited, but I've chalked that up to growing pains.

Both resorts offer great amenities and different things for different folks. You can't go wrong with either one, although if space is your major objective, OKW wins hands down. SSR hopefully will expand their dining options; they are insufficient for a resort of this size. Location near DTD is a very favorable factor for SSR. OKW is more of a relaxed pace.

I like OKW.....never stayed at SSR. We stayed in a 2-bedroom and had plenty of room. Plus, the grounds and decor at OKW was beautiful. We rode bikes all around the property and liked everything we saw. Olivia's was good too.

SSR

Brand new and beautiful decor, awesome pool, very close to DTD. We really enjoyed our stay there!

beccasmom said:
OKW is spacious, beautifully decorated and generally a very relaxing resort. I love the grounds and the way the resort is configured. It is always a pleasure to stay there. We love the quiet pools and hot tubs and adore the restaurant, Olivia's. OKW won our hearts long ago and still remains our absolute favorite.

We are staying at SSR beginning next Saturday because we wanted a studio with a couch and a bed, not two beds - this is a relatively short trip. That is the only negative about OKW, IMHO. It gets tiresome sitting on a bed - or on those hard chairs! :rolleyes: - if you stay in a studio much longer than a few days. SSR is very nice and we have already stayed there once in August 2004. I am eager to see how it has changed. I like the fact it is within walking distance of DDT for dining options (Artist's Palette at SSR has a very basic menu). There was a lot of construction going on when we last visited so we are anxious to see what has changed since then. The rooms are not as large as OKW, but are beautifully decorated. I understand the spa is really nice, although we have not tried it. I did not think the front desk folks were as personable as they could have been when we visited, but I've chalked that up to growing pains.

Both resorts offer great amenities and different things for different folks. You can't go wrong with either one, although if space is your major objective, OKW wins hands down. SSR hopefully will expand their dining options; they are insufficient for a resort of this size. Location near DTD is a very favorable factor for SSR. OKW is more of a relaxed pace.

If you're asking about where to purchase, Beccasmom did a pretty good job of summarizing the differences EXCEPT that SSR has an extra 12 years on the deed. One thing I disagree with is Artist Palette: I love their menu for a CS restaurant (no greasy burgers and fries). They're adding a TS restaurant (in the Turf Club) by sping 2006.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter