OKW room locations

sally1

Mouseketeer
We will be making our first trip home in November. OUr home resort is SSR but we will be staying at OKW on this trip.

Does anyone have suggestions on what building to request? We are staying in a 2 bedroom and will have a 5 yr old, 7 yr old and 4 adults.

Looking at the map it looks like 62 would be a nice location.

Thanx for your help

Sally

We stayed once in Bldg 55, it was very quiet because it was at the end of a turn around. Right next to a quiet pool. ANd you walked out and there was the walkway to SSR and if you are really adventuresome you can get to DTD.

We also stayed in Bldg 14 once. That one is across the street from the HH. Close to the last bus stop before exiting the property.

As long as I'm at WDW, I don't "care" where our room is.

Building 62 is a good spot, close to main pool and hospitality house. The last bus stop is at the HH, but the first stop (Peninsular Rd) is not that far of a walk. I believe it also has an elevator (#62-#64?). Are the younger kids sleeping in the bedroom that has two queens or are they sleeping on the sofa bed in the living room? I ask because buildings 1-29 do not have direct access to a bathroom. Only access is through the bedrooms. Builidings 30 and above do have another access through the laundry room. Something to note if that may be an issue.

Well, if I could choose a building - I'd pick 62! We stayed in 64 the other week - it was close enough to HH for me, but I was a bit jealous when I saw people emerging from 62!!!

Building 62 could have traffic noise from buses if you happen to get on the road side of the building. Believe me, when I say those buses can squeek a lot when they slow up and stop at that stop sign. I have stayed at OKW more times than I can count, and I never make a request for a building, but just take my chances. I do have favorites...45,46, 55, 51,56,13, 15, 21 and 14 were all GREAT locations. We didn't care for 64 or 40 and disliked 29 the most.

We like buildings 11-13. We began staying there in 1992 when our kids were very young because it's possible for the kids to walk from the room to the main pool and Hank's from these buildings without crossing a street.
John

I loved Building 15-well positioned as being close enough to HH to be very convenient, but far enough away to be very quiet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter