OKW transportation

goofy4wdw2

DIS Veteran
How is the transportation at OKW? We're really thinking of staying there in May, but we're a little nervous about relying solely on bus transportation. We usually stay at BWV/BCV and walk to Epcot and MGM, or WL and boat to MK. We transferred at OKW once on our way from a park to DTD and we waited for a bus for 40-50 minutes (to leave OKW)...but I'm hoping that's an unusual occurrence. How many bus stops are within OKW and do all of the stops make traveling to the parks a long trip? Thanks in advance!!

no all DTD buses are slow.

at OKW it is also the internal bus. So that is where it is part of the time.

It also goes by TL so after OKW it takes these people to TTC.

so it goes OKW - internal - OKW - DDMP, DDPI, DDWS (okay sometimes it doesn't stop here), TL, OKW, TTC. then either it comes back to OKW or another bus does.

so an hour wait for the DD bus is average. that say you can walk to DD or take the boat.

for some reason at OKW I kept getting new bus drivers. that don't know the most efficient routing back and forth to OKW. I kept hoping that those radar (or whatever they called) someone would come on and tell him that OKW is not that way.... but so far. :confused3

I mean hey, when it takes someone an hour to get back to Epcot - not the 5 minutes it should. these bus drivers have problems.

We always stay in OKW and have never had waits like that. You can almost set your watches by the buses---on the hour---20 minutes after and 20 minutes till. There was one time when a bus had trouble, but another one arrived before long and we passed a second one before leaving OKW. Really don't think you need to worry! Honi

Never had a problem w/ an OKW bus. They have dedicated bus service and do not stop at any other resorts on property.

We always stay in OKW and have never had waits like that. You can almost set your watches by the buses---on the hour---20 minutes after and 20 minutes till. There was one time when a bus had trouble, but another one arrived before long and we passed a second one before leaving OKW. Really don't think you need to worry! Honi

Are the buses on a time schedule for each park? Is there a listing of when each bus is expected? I don't want to just miss a bus if there is a posted schedule somewhere that I should have known about.

Are the buses on a time schedule for each park? Is there a listing of when each bus is expected? I don't want to just miss a bus if there is a posted schedule somewhere that I should have known about.

No schedules are posted. Wished there was!

no.

when they need to put on or take off a wheelchair it could mess up the schedule by 10 minutes.

they did use to have schedules. but I don't think they do anymore.

they are told rather safe than sorry. Still remember that one bus driver, a lady, who acted like 30 mph was the speed limit. when it is 45 mph it can get irrating.

We just returned (last Friday :guilty: ) from 5 nights at OKW (trip report with pics coming soon!:goodvibes ). We had no trouble at all with the bus transportation. Perhaps we waited 10 minutes at most for a bus - both at OKW and at the theme parks. Signs do indicate that buses arrive every 30 minutes for each destination. We did not wait close to that....

All in all, a trip to any of the parks from OKW did not feel too long. Epcot is only about a 7 - 10 min. trip. MK maybe 15 min. The new music on the busses is a nice touch.

We are never in a hurry to get anywhere, so OKW bus service was just fine for us. Usually 10-15 minute wait for our bus.

We've never had any really long waits for an OKW bus. I think 25 min was the longest ever in several stays there. There are 5 bus stops throughout the resort, but after that, OKW does not share busses with any other resort. I noticed BWV was sharing with Swan and Dolphin this summer....and a few even were sharing with Y&B in addition. Now granted, you can't walk to Epcot or MGM from OKW, but the bus rides there are pretty quick.

We just got back from OKW, and also didn't have any bus problems. Well, they were really COLD after being in the heat.

We stayed in BLD 14, across from the Hospitality House, so when we were headed out, we caught the bus there. That is the last internal stop. Coming back in to OKW sometimes we rode around the resort, or his DH's leg felt ok, we would get off at the first stop, Pennisular Rd, which is only a 2-3 minute walk to the Hospitality House. I don't think we waited more than 10 minutes anywhere, even the parks.

We just got back from OKW, and also didn't have any bus problems. Well, they were really COLD after being in the heat.

We stayed in BLD 14, across from the Hospitality House, so when we were headed out, we caught the bus there. That is the last internal stop. Coming back in to OKW sometimes we rode around the park, or his DH's leg felt ok, we would get off at the first stop, Pennisular Rd, which is only a 2-3 minute walk to the Hospitality House. I don't think we waited more than 10 minutes anywhere, even the parks.

Happy to hear that you had a good experience with transportation at OKW. We are leaving in 10 days for our first trip home and I'm still concerned about loooong waits for the bus and boat. Here is a question for you. After we see LaNouba, should we walk back to the MP to catch the boat back to OKW or should we find a bus near the WS to return to OKW? Any ideas?

rob, you may not have a choice. the boat stops running before the buses.

I think the boat stops at 10 or 11 pm?

Pat is right.....the boats stop at 11 pm.

I know La Nouba has two shows ( 6 and 9pm). If you've got that second showing you will most likely have to catch the bus.

I'm going to the early show at 6pm so the boats should still be running. But, I'm just trying to see if there was a way to minimize the amount of walking we will have to do at DTD. Maybe we would be better off just catching a bus at the WS to head back to OKW after the show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter