Old Disney Park photos

SteamBoatWillysKin

Mouseketeer
I thought it might be fun to share some old Magic Kingdom photos from years gone by, however, I just relized I have to scan them. So please start sharing your old photos, and I'll have mine on soon.

5/26/07 - ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF THREAD! - Thanks to all who have shared their pictures and memories in this thread. The thread now represents over a year of members pictures and stories from WDW!

10/1/08 - Great Stuff!!!!.....What a great thread!!!.......I just updated a photo of the kids from this years vacation...and yes we did not go to Disney World this year.... and I miss it! We went to Myrtle Beach and Gatlinburg. We did 10 days at DW in 05, 06, and 07 and decided to let DW rest for a year to appreciate it more. Well, we will be back in 09! We stayed at FW Cabins ( with a golf cart/ the only way to go), and we will probably do the same again> I've noticed by the price that everyone else is catching the cabin fever as well.

1/8/10 - Thank you all who have been contributing pictures!! HERE'S A GREAT IDEA TO QUICKLY ADD OLD PHOTOS - TODAY'S NEW DIGITAL CAMERAS ARE SO GOOD THAT YOU CAN LITERALLY TAKE A GOOD QUALITY PICTURE OF AN OLD PICTURE. THIS SURE BEATS TRYING TO TAKE THE TIME TO SCAN OLD PHOTOS AND REMOVE THEM FROM ALBUMS. SO THE NEXT TIME YOUR AT MOM OR GRANDMA'S GET THE DISNEY PHOTO ALBUMS OUT AND POST, POST POST........POST!!!!!

WDW97castleCake1.jpg

Welcome to the DIS : I wasn't fond of the Castle Cake, but its part of the history.

Pics are really nice STEANBOAT209. I remember those good old days. I wasn't fond of the Castle Cake either but like you said, it's part of Disney history. Got any more?

Michele

SteamBoatWillysKin said:
Disney did a much better job with the curren rivisions of the castle for the 50th anniversay of the disney parks! Thanks for the photo.
I agree the cake looked so cheap in my opinion, yuck.

WillCAD, these are great memories!!! I had a great time looking through them and remembering! I had completely forgotten about the BackStage where the ant was. It was our first trip to WDW with our then 4 yr old and seeing these, reminded me of that trip. Thanks for the memories!!!! :cool1: pixiedust:

I have a picture of Main Street from the early 70's, but have NO idea how to post it. I've got it scanned. Can someone help me? I don't mean to hijack your post. You can PM me with instructions, please.

the castle cake was a shock (instant hatred! ) the first time I saw it, however by the end of my 2 weeks there I must say that it had grown on me

I need to see if my mom still has any photo from when our trips there in the 70s

Hi
I have pictures from 1972, Mickey Mouse Review and others. But I don't know how to post them. I'm not the best at the computer. :confused3 I'm going to see if my son, who is just graduating college this Thursday will help me. I would love to see everyone's pictures.

Great Thread!

I love your pics WillCAD - Is that a River Country Pic I saw in there?!?

I have a picture of my Grandfather in the "Stocks" at WDW from the late 70s - and now I have the same picture with my son! I'll have to scan & show it off!

poly.jpg

mrtoad.jpg

turt.jpg

These 3 pictures are from 1991 ( DOnt make fun of the outfits it was the early 90's) :rotfl:
The 1st picture is from the Lobby in the POLY :sunny:
The 2nd picture is from the very missed Mr Toad Ride :sad2:
The 3rd picture is of course the teenage mutant ninja turtles I think they were at MGM :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter