Ollivander's Wand Experience with More Than One Child

skiergirl4

Mouseketeer
We'll be heading to Universal over Thanksgiving for a very long awaited first trip (now that our youngest DD is 8 and old enough to experience most of Universal). All three of our daughters (DD16, DD12, and DD8) are huge Harry Potter fans. I have read that the wand experience at Ollivanders is a one family at a time sign up situation right now, so I know (unless something has changed) that one of our daughters will have the chance to get picked. However, what suggestions do you have about our other two girls? We could just do it once and let the oldest get picked and hope that we return in a few years for the younger two to get the chance to experience being chosen for the wand ceremony. Have any of you signed up more than once in a day or visit to let a sibling get a chance, too? I don't want to be greedy with the experience; I'd be happy to hear thoughts/feedback/your experience with this.

Thank you so much!

Do they all really want the “experience” or just want the wand? Maybe you could offer to buy the wands for the 2 that aren’t participating, but the one who gets selected has to pay for their own. Not sure they would let you sign up for multiple slots in same day and like you said, that would definitely take away from other families. Also, after they see it once like it’s setup now, loses a bit of magic if you did it 3x in same trip.

They all would like to buy a wand that has chosen them, rather than just picking out one that they like the look of.

Thank you for your feedback!

We've been a couple of times over the years and there were always several families in with us. Even if only one of the girls gets picked, having the room to yourself should make this a much better experience, more like the movie...

I love the Ollivander's show and am excited that it is just one family, since I know my daughter will get picked!

Does anyone know how the sign-up operates? Is it on the app, or is there a list when you go there?

I love the Ollivander's show and am excited that it is just one family, since I know my daughter will get picked!

Does anyone know how the sign-up operates? Is it on the app, or is there a list when you go there?
And to piggy back on this, i think i saw it was sign up when there so with how busy the weekends have been recently about what time do you need to be there to get a slot? Is it worth using early morning magic time for this if you already have EPs?

We have three We made an appointment and said the two youngest want to have a wand chosen so when it was our turn both littles had a wand chosen for them then we paid

You sign up for the wand experience at the back door to Ollivanders at Diagon Alley. There’s a person there with a clipboard and they take the reservations. They do separate signups for morning and afternoon, so if the morning is full you have to come back at 12 to get on the afternoon list. I got there right at 12 and I think my appointment was at like 12:30.

We have three We made an appointment and said the two youngest want to have a wand chosen so when it was our turn both littles had a wand chosen for them then we paid

That’s good to know! They all would like to buy the wand that chooses them, so if we can have two of them get “chosen” at the same ceremony, that would be wonderful. Maybe I can talk our middle into an interactive character wand because she is the only one who is even slightly on the fence about picking out her own wand.

Has anyone else had the experience recently (during the one family at a time experience) of asking for more than one child in your group to get picked?

Thank you!

We were told they could only do one child per show but we just signed up for another show 30 minutes later so both girls got their wands selected for them. Very easy Back in August

You sign up for the wand experience at the back door to Ollivanders at Diagon Alley. There’s a person there with a clipboard and they take the reservations. They do separate signups for morning and afternoon, so if the morning is full you have to come back at 12 to get on the afternoon list. I got there right at 12 and I think my appointment was at like 12:30.
If you get there in the morning, can you sign up for an afternoon slot and not a morning one?

Did you have to be there right at noon to be able to get a slot? Are there evening slots?
I was the first person there in the afternoon, so that’s what you should aim for if you really want to get in. I don’t know how late they’re open.

Sorry to need clarity.... I read here that sign up is the back door of Ollivanders and then touring plans says it’s in carkitt market. Are they the same or different places and where do we need to go? Going in a month and planning this trip is our big happy place!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!