OMG - oh my - could it be a wedding? Need some ideas

It would be a resort restaurant - very few in the parks that we like other than a few at EPCOT.

Yes, any weddings that occur on Disney property are supposed to be arranged through Disney Fairytale Weddings. Technically speaking, they could kick you off property and ban you for trying to have a wedding not arranged through DFTW. That said, OKW is not a site they use for weddings so you may get away with it but I would think long and hard about whether or not you want to risk it.

That said, given both your DD and her DF are active duty military they would qualify for a wedding at Shades of Green on Disney property. I have no military connection at all so I didn't look into it when we planned our DFTW but from what I understand they are much more inexpensive and much more flexible than DFTW is to work with so that may be an option for you.
Yes I don't know why I didn't think of that. We use SOG too sometimes to extend our DVC stays.

My DH and I (both military) got married at Shades of Green. Rented the outside gazebo and had a very small wedding ceremony. I apologize as I cannot remember the cost of the gazebo but it was not expensive. We provided our own minister we found locally to marry us and we also provided our own balloons to decorate the gazebo which the Polynesian filled with helium for us at no charge. (Like I said, it was an inexpensive yet beautiful ceremony). So that is always an option if you want to keep the costs down!

Keep in mind if you have an ADR inside a park she wouldn't be able to wear her dress if the event isn't coordinated through DFTW.

Yep - a good one to keep in mind. If u wear a more casual ( yet pretty) white dress, you can do it :) As long as it is not a wedding gown.

I would call Disney and see what they would charge to set up a tasteful outdoor wedding at OKW, followed by a dinner/reception in community hall. Olivia's is right there and should be able to handle a nice catered meal. Of course, you'd have to pay for extra servers and so forth. Simple yet tasteful may not break the budget.

I’ve planned many private events at Disney for birthdays. There is so much they can do at a really affordable price. I’ve had birthdays for as little as $300. They have instituted a $1000 minimum this year. Still not bad.

The phone number for Disney Catered Events:

321-939-7278

Excellent link on planning a private event

http://disneytravelbabble.com/how-to/private-party/

A friend of mine stayed at SOG recently and said she saw dozens of weddings while she was there, so it must be a popular place and they must be equipped to handle them.

I would call Disney and see what they would charge to set up a tasteful outdoor wedding at OKW, followed by a dinner/reception in community hall. Olivia's is right there and should be able to handle a nice catered meal. Of course, you'd have to pay for extra servers and so forth. Simple yet tasteful may not break the budget.

I’ve planned many private events at Disney for birthdays. There is so much they can do at a really affordable price. I’ve had birthdays for as little as $300. They have instituted a $1000 minimum this year. Still not bad.

321-939-7278

Eh, I wouldn't get my hopes up about going this route. Disney Catered Events will send you right over to DFTW. You could plan a dinner through Disney Catered Events but there wouldn't be any wedding elements to it such as a wedding gown, cake cutting, etc.

OKW is not a location DFTW uses for ceremonies and if you're looking at a small wedding you will be looking at either the Memories package which is for 6 people total or fewer, or the Escape package which is for 20 people or less. Those are package type deals with a limited number of options for locations. However, that said, it never hurts to ask if they would work with you on an OKW ceremony location.

321-939-7278

Thank you for the information!

Exactly

Inside a villa !!!!
What a great idea ...
Could you imagine a Grand Villa at Bay Lake with a theme park view !!!!

I wonder if Disney found out you where having a wedding in a villa could they still kick you out ???
Of course you would have to have a small wedding or in my case a 30th wedding renewal ceremony :)

I had checked into SOG for DS's (active duty) wedding, the bottom line package included the venue (the gazebo), officiant, photographer , flowers and cake. I think it was around $2,500.00
They ultimately opted to get married in a mountain cabin in NC, which sounds awesome until the power goes out and you are trying to figure out how to cook dinner for 40 on an outdoor fireplaceo_O

I had checked into SOG for DS's (active duty) wedding, the bottom line package included the venue (the gazebo), officiant, photographer , flowers and cake. I think it was around $2,500.00
They ultimately opted to get married in a mountain cabin in NC, which sounds awesome until the power goes out and you are trying to figure out how to cook dinner for 40 on an outdoor fireplaceo_O

On our 3rd power outage in 3 weeks. Wedding outage would be dreaful. They'll always have a story. Thanls for the $info.

Funny that you posted this. My girls and I were walking around Wilderness Lodge a few weeks ago and started talking about the possibility of renting with our points a grand villa or cabin and staging a small wedding there. If it was just family and you handled the planning, I'm not sure how Disney would know. Dd18 with no boyfriend spent the next two days planning it all out in her head!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter