? on cabin loops and cabin layout

kalamazoo

Mouseketeer
I'm just trying to decide if I should call to request a specific loop. Are there any cabin loops that are not recommended for whatever reason? I saw on a previous post that loops 2100 and 2500 or 2600 were recommended. The person who liked 2100 mentioned a path to the meadows area pool and campfire. Does anyone have any details on this? Is it paved? How long does it take to get from loop 2100 to the campfire using the path? We would like to avoid renting a golf cart, and with 2 little kids, walking distance and time is always a consideration. Is there anyone who has been perfectly happy going around the resort with small children on foot and/or by bus?

My other question is about inside the cabins - where is the door to the bathroom located in the cabin?

Thanks

The reason the 2500 and 2600 loops were recomended was their closeness to the pool and laundry building. My guess on the 2100 is that it is closer to the meadows area although it is still a good walk from any of the cabins to the meadows area. You will most likely need to use the bus system if your kids are small. Its too bad the golf carts are so expensive since it really is the most convenient way to get around at Fort Wilderness. We stayed for 6 nights in June and I broke down and rented a cart the last 2 days and it made a big difference !

As you enter the main door to the cabin there is a hallway to your left that leads to the bedroom, the door on the right just before the bedroom is the bathroom door. There is also a second entry door that leads directly into the bedroom. We never used this door and I am sure it only exists because of egress codes.

Thanks for the info. Actually, you answered another question that was bouncing around my brain - it's good to know that it is at least possible to get a golf cart at the last minute. This way we can give the buses/walking a try and if it is just too inconvenient we can opt for a cart. Oh well, if we do have to get one, I know the kids will get a kick out of it.

My kids enjoyed riding around in the cart sightseeing as much as anything else we did on that trip. By the time we got to Fort Wilderness we had done the theme parks we wanted to do so we just relaxed for the time we were at FW. Both mornings we had the cart the boys10 & 8 were out sitting on it pretending to drive right after breakfast. When we were there aprrox 25% of the sites were empty and they had plenty of carts to go around but from what I understand that isnt always the case. If you have any other questions, send me an e-mail.

You might want to consider Golf Cart Enterprises. I found out about them on these boards and they saved us a lot of money. I don't have the number handy but do a search on this board and you'll find it. They deliver and pick up the cart right at the front entrance and are cheaper than the Fort Wilderness carts. It worked out great for us (another family with small kids). It really isn't feasible to expect little ones to walk around the campground, it's just too big. Your only other alternatives are bikes or the buses (which we never used). Have a good time!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter