On our way

Back again? You might see me. :laughing: Well... Depends on whether it's cool, or not. Essentially I only go on the weekend since I work and if it's a cold, or cool day, I go, but if it's relatively warm I stay at home.

That being said you're cool for inviting one of her friend's to tag along. To me, it really depends on what you want. You want a jam packed day to make sure you cover literally everything you want, or do you want to just stay relatively busy with some down time? It might also depend on whether you want to see all of Harry Potter, or only half is good for your last trip and for the friend tagging along.

I will make a suggestion that if you do happen to end up sticking with one park I would suggest Universal. In my opinion, there is a lot more to do and more variety of things to do for everyone on that side of the park. Also, Diagon Alley (once again my opinion) has more of an amazing wow factor with the entrance. While it only has one main attraction Diagon Alley does have a lot more variety of shops than Hogsmeade does, as well as a bigger Ollivanders.

In the end, whether it should be two parks, or one should really be based off of what you really want in the end and what you can afford.

Thanks for the tips, especially about the cool or warm weather, I'll be sure to keep an eye on that. I've always just done 1 park per day because I just feel u need at least a full day in each park but knowing this kid probably wont get to come back, I thought maybe we try and see both parks in 1 day. Appreciate your thoughts, I got couple weeks to think this through.

@Disxuni I've been checking some prices, I can add regular EP for the day were going for $75 (Jan 31). In your opinion, is EP even needed during this time. I've never been at this time but the pricing suggests it may be a slower time.

Looking at two different sites reflect the 31 to be a low crowd date

I went a few years back on that date and did not see long ride waits for most of the rides

Looking at two different sites reflect the 31 to be a low crowd date

I went a few years back on that date and did not see long ride waits for most of the rides

Ok, thanks. I did notice that prices go up after 31st, so I was thinking this might be the case.

As @macraven said you should be good. Just make sure to get there early and utilize your time there as much as possible. The downside is that since it isn’t peak season US/IoA do not stay open late like some theme parks.

As @macraven said you should be good. Just make sure to get there early and utilize your time there as much as possible. The downside is that since it isn’t peak season US/IoA do not stay open late like some theme parks.

I'm glad u mentioned that, I completely forgot about that. I'm use to both parks being open til 10pm. I'll check those times. Thanks

Well, just getn back to our resort from UO and will be getn packed to fly home early in the morning. Just wanted to give a big thanks to @Disxuni, with ur advice I was able to get park to park AP tickets (no blackout) cheaper than it would've cost me to get regular base tickets and because of that,I now plan on making several weekend gateway type trips to take full advantage of our AP's. Also, we went to UO yesterday in Hope's of riding hagrid's and wouldn't u know it, damn thing was down the entire day but on a positive note, the park was basically dead, we rode every ride we wanted in both parks with little to no wait times. Almost every ride had a 25 min posted wait time but not one of them was more than 10 min, even kong was under 20 min, HP school was the longest wait at 30 min, HP gringots was 15 min. This was hands down our best trip ever but it doesn't end there. We went back today to try for hagrid's one more time and as soon as we got there, damn thing closed down again due to weather, we decided to still keep on walking toward the ride and as luck would have it, they dropped the ropes as we were walking up and basically walked on hagrid's, 15 min total wait. I am so glad it worked out cause I gota say, that is one amazing ride, I see now why the line is always so long, it's worth a wait, in reason anyway. I'm still just so amazed at how low the crowds were, I knew they were lower but I didn't realize it would be that much of a difference, there is no comparison. Time to start looking for cheap flights.

Great news @Alynw! I’m glad everything worked out for you. Today I’m here now so we shall see how the crowds are. I’m hoping since it’s Super Bowl day and everyone is hung over due to the premiere of the celebration of Mardi Gras I’m hoping it will be light.

@Disxuni Thanks again for all ur help with figuring out these UO ticket options, were actually back in Florida this weekend..lol. I got some free flights with my southwest miles so we hopped on a plane and headed south. We spent the entire day at UO yesterday and I gota tell ya, there was literally no crowd at all, I'm talking almost every ride was 10-15 min wait tops, except for the HP rides of course, HP was 45 min and Hagrid's was 75 min but man it was great. One thing I did notice yesterday, there were tons of little kids running around with tee shirts on from their elementary schools and there were a bunch of buses parked out there, so I'm guessing it must have been a school field trip day or something. I think were going go back today for the Mardi Gras celebration, they got REO Speedwagon playing tonight. I'm going call customer service to see if my AP tickets cover this, I read the seasonal AP doesn't but I have the premier AP with no blackouts, so I'm hopeful the Mardi gras is included.

It turns out our preferred AP did include Mardi gras and it was definitely a great time, was our first for Mardi gras..we went ahead and done the bayou boil as well which was pretty cool...I also done the media center survey where u watch a short tv episode and give a review but not sure what this was really about but they give $25 gift card for doing it. I'm really liking these quick weekend trips during these slower months, I never knew it was that big of a difference.

Doing the surveys is one of my favorite things to do. Free money! I was in the area actually that weekend and stayed at Cabana Bay. However, I had friend's who didn't have passes and we just enjoyed the resort area in general. Which was fun. I'm glad everything worked out for you and it sounds like you guys had a very good time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!