On the Floor and Out the Door!: a 17 day HalloChristmas, RunDisney, MNSSHP, HHN, MVMCP adventure! new 2/8!

So when we were at the hotel in September, Samantha and I were getting ready and we accidentally turned it onto the Universal channel which had trailers for movies and shows playing in a 5 min loop. But we were both doing our hair/makeup so we didn't change it for like a half hour and by then we had heard all the commercials a million times and kept quoting them throughout the day :rotfl:

Omg :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I once saw a kid try to climb up the rope to Marmaduke :lmao:

Wow lol! Did he make it? I would prob try that if I were younger but now I'd just get hurt lol

Great pictures!

Thank you!

I can't wait to go there one day!

You need to go! It's gorgeous and so detailed.

That was really nice of them.

It really was.

I prefer that too so it doesn't interrupt when you're eating.

That's how I feel too!

I am keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers. Thank you for all you do Courtney and please take good care of yourself. My sister is an ER doc so I understand some of the challenges you are facing. :hug:

Thank you so much 🥰 🥰 🥰 . How is your sister doing? I hope you and your whole family are safe and healthy.

I really want to go there one day. One of my boys and I decided to do a Harry Potter marathon this week to pass some time. Those movies are the best!

Harry Potter marathons are awesome!

Sincerely hope you are holding up ok. I cannot fathom what you are dealing with every day, especially in New York. And Mike too. You're both on the front lines so take good care of yourselves and each other ♥ ♥ ♥

Thank you so much 🥰 🥰 🥰 . It's scary and overwhelming but we are healthy and more grateful than ever for what we have. I hope you and your family are all safe and healthy also :love::love:.

True. I was younger during those (obviously) and not working in healthcare yet but I just don't remember them being this bad.
They didn't seem to be. Then again... lower transmission rates and/or incubation rates.
Same! I don't know why but I just need the noise. I blame it on growing up with 3 siblings lol
:laughing: That'd do it!
giphy.gif
:laughing:

Coward!

:lmao:
True. Seemed rude to do in a castle though.
Valid point. :)

Acoustic Brunch at the Hard Rock Hotel

After our meet with Captain America, we still had some time before our brunch reservation so we decided to fit in some superhero themed rides.

Our first stop was at Spiderman!

The wait time was posted at 25 minutes but we only waited 15.

The rows were labelled as "zones" named after the boroughs of NYC so of course, we had to take a picture of the sign for our forgotten borough of Staten Island lol.

You wouldn't know it given the same bored expression we all have in the photo lol but Spiderman is one of my favorites of the 3d simulator rides. It just seems more thrilling than some of the others.

We walked over to Doctor Doom's Fearfall next. Mike hates this ride but I like it and he gave in and rode it.

Steve's mom (Mike's sister) was messaging us on Facebook trying to coordinate coming to meet us at Universal one of the nights we weren't going to HHN but Mike and I were kinda annoyed with her given the drama about Steve's pass the day before so we just kept responding to her with quotes from the infomercial we watched all night. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Our final ride before leaving for brunch was the Hulk! This is one of my favorite coasters anywhere because it scares me to death (which is my definition of a good ride lol) and I was so excited to ride.

I think the ride photo accurate portrays my feelings lol.

After our ride, it was time to head out of the park so we stopped for some photos on the way out.

It was a little sunny :rotfl:.

We exited Islands of Adventure and made our way to the boat dock.

It was a beautiful, picture perfect day.

We only had to wait a few minutes for a boat and as we were getting on, Mike asked if we could sit on the benches at the front of the boat. I said I wasn't sure if we could sit up there so we didn't. Of course, people got on after us and sat up there so Mike was sulking. :rotfl::rotfl:I had to promise him we could sit up front on the way back to the parks.

Despite the sulking it was a beautiful ride over to the Hard Rock hotel.

It was 11:53 when we made our way inside the Hard Rock hotel and found our brunch destination.

Our reservation was at 12:15 and that's pretty much when we were seated (even though a good amount of the restaurant was empty while we waited 🤷‍♀️.

I did like that they had an option to use a portable charger while you were in the restaurant!

They ask for your room key as collateral but since we weren't staying on property, they took my license instead.

Every Sunday from 10:30 am- 2:30 pm, the Kitchen at the Hard Rock hotel hosts the Acoustic Brunch. It features live music, a breakfast buffet and unlimited mimosas and bloody marys!

The musician is kinda in a weird location in the middle of the buffet stations but it was a nice touch.

I liked this guitar-shaped holder on the table!

One of the things I was most looking forward to during this brunch was the griddle station where they had specialty french toast/pancakes/waffles cooked to order so I headed there first.

Thanks to @Raeven, I knew exactly what I wanted.

OMG this was SO good. It was also very decadent and rich and very filling lol but if I had room, I totally would've gotten a second plate of it.

Of course, i had no choice but to indulge in the unlimited mimosas and Mike even had some too!

When I eat at brunch buffets, I like to do a breakfast plate first then a lunch plate. It just seems logical to me. Mike and Steve said the whole point of buffets is to eat it all at the same time. What do you guys think?

Anyway, this was my breakfast plate. The eggs were tex-mex eggs and were delicious! They had wraps next to them on the buffet that you could make a breakfast burrito with but I opted just to eat the eggs.

And my lunch plate!

I could honestly eat tomato and mozzarella salad for every meal and may or may not have gone up for a second plate just of that before dessert :rolleyes1.

The desserts were the weakest part to me and I love sweets lol. They weren't bad but tasted premade and nothing special.

I found the napkins so adorable.

The price listed online for brunch is $39 but for some reason I feel like I remember it being $45. Either way, we felt like it was a great deal. We also thought it was nice that when we got the check, they charged an "under 21 adult price" for Steve since he couldn't/didn't drink alcohol which we fully expected to pay the same price for him.

Our waiter was a sweet older Spanish man who was a little scattered and strange. He clearly meant well but we asked for the check and he left and came back without it and was fixated on telling us how we could have our parking validated for eating here even after we told him that we didn't park here lol. We asked for the check again and he ended up going over to another table with their check even though they were clearly still eating and then made a full circle of the restaurant with our check in hand. Mike had gone to the bathroom during this but Steve and I were cracking up. When he finally made it back to us, he went through the parking spiel all over again. :rotfl::rotfl:He was super sweet but I'm just not sure being a waiter was his calling.

After brunch, we had planned on going back to the park but it was later than we expected it to be and we all needed a rest after all that food so we decided to go back to the hotel for a break instead.

After our meet with Captain America
You say that so nonchalantly.
so we decided to fit in some superhero themed rides.
Appropriate.
The wait time was posted at 25 minutes but we only waited 15.
Not bad!
we had to take a picture of the sign for our forgotten borough of Staten Island lol.
Can you explain this to a poor foreigner? I know about the boroughs, but...
Spiderman is one of my favorites of the 3d simulator rides.
::yes::
We walked over to Doctor Doom's Fearfall next. Mike hates this ride but I like it and he gave in and rode it.
Didn't do that one. I've done similar (and higher) ones before... and don't particularly enjoy them. I'll do them if the person I'm with is adamant about going, but... otherwise, I'll pass.
Steve's mom (Mike's sister) was messaging us on Facebook trying to coordinate coming to meet us at Universal one of the nights we weren't going to HHN but Mike and I were kinda annoyed with her given the drama about Steve's pass the day before so we just kept responding to her with quotes from the infomercial we watched all night. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
:lmao:
Our final ride before leaving for brunch was the Hulk! This is one of my favorite coasters anywhere because it scares me to death (which is my definition of a good ride lol) and I was so excited to ride.
I have a love hate relationship with it. 1st time was up front and we loved it. 2nd time was in the rear and we got beat up pretty badly and both felt sick after.
We only had to wait a few minutes for a boat
I loved the Uni boats. It seemed like we never waited more than a minute or two.
Mike asked if we could sit on the benches at the front of the boat. I said I wasn't sure if we could sit up there so we didn't. Of course, people got on after us and sat up there so Mike was sulking.
:laughing: Poor Mike. I hope you came through on your promise.
I did like that they had an option to use a portable charger while you were in the restaurant!
Not bad.
Every Sunday from 10:30 am- 2:30 pm, the Kitchen at the Hard Rock hotel hosts the Acoustic Brunch. It features live music, a breakfast buffet and unlimited mimosas and bloody marys!
What? I did not know this! That sounds great!
OMG this was SO good. It was also very decadent and rich and very filling lol but if I had room, I totally would've gotten a second plate of it.
So... you're saying you liked it.
Of course, i had no choice but to indulge in the unlimited mimosas
::yes::
When I eat at brunch buffets, I like to do a breakfast plate first then a lunch plate. It just seems logical to me.
Hmmm... actually... that makes sense.
Mike and Steve said the whole point of buffets is to eat it all at the same time. What do you guys think?
Well... I would've sided with Mike and Steve, but... I've never thought of it that way before. I can totally see myself doing it your way, now. And next time, I just might.
Kinda like you eat dessert last. Or... you eat breakfast before lunch, so...
The desserts were the weakest part to me and I love sweets lol. They weren't bad but tasted premade and nothing special.
Shame.
The price listed online for brunch is $39 but for some reason I feel like I remember it being $45. Either way, we felt like it was a great deal.
Not bad.
Our waiter was a sweet older Spanish man who was a little scattered and strange. He clearly meant well but we asked for the check and he left and came back without it and was fixated on telling us how we could have our parking validated for eating here even after we told him that we didn't park here lol. We asked for the check again and he ended up going over to another table with their check even though they were clearly still eating and then made a full circle of the restaurant with our check in hand.
:laughing: Oh, dear.
When he finally made it back to us, he went through the parking spiel all over again
:lmao: He didn't!!

You wouldn't know it given the same bored expression we all have in the photo lol but Spiderman is one of my favorites of the 3d simulator rides. It just seems more thrilling than some of the others.
You all certainly do look like you are loving every minute of those rides in the pictures :earboy2: I've only been to Universal once and it was 20 years ago so I remember next to nothing except how awesome this ride was.

And the second thing I remember is how terrifying this one was. I'm afraid of heights but i recall the worst part being not knowing when you were going to fly up. Never again!

Mike and I were kinda annoyed with her given the drama about Steve's pass the day before so we just kept responding to her with quotes from the infomercial we watched all night. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: I can only imagine how much she appreciate that!

It features live music, a breakfast buffet and unlimited mimosas and bloody marys!
You could literally have started this sentence with anything and ended up with unlimited bloody marys and I'd be there!

When I eat at brunch buffets, I like to do a breakfast plate first then a lunch plate. It just seems logical to me. Mike and Steve said the whole point of buffets is to eat it all at the same time. What do you guys think?
Clearly us gals now how to do this right!

The price listed online for brunch is $39 but for some reason I feel like I remember it being $45. Either way, we felt like it was a great deal. We also thought it was nice that when we got the check, they charged an "under 21 adult price" for Steve since he couldn't/didn't drink alcohol which we fully expected to pay the same price for him.
Wow that really is reasonable. I wish Disney would discount to an under 21 price. We don't do the dining plan but it astounds me that kids over 10 pay the same price for people over 21 with alcohol included. Of course if we ever did do the plan I'd totally insist that I got to drink the kiddos alcohol

Making note of that brunch for my sisters trip in 2021. It’s right up our alley with bottomless drinks and we are likely only doing a short time at Universal, so gotta get in all the good meals!

Wow, what a great day so far. I really, really, want to get to Universal but it just doesn't make sense until the girls are older. Those HP areas, though, my goodness!

Prior to our trip, I specifically bought the fanny pack you'll see in today's (and yesterday's photos) for rope dropping Hagrid's lol. At this point, if you had any bags, you'd have to stop and store them in a locker prior to riding but if you have a 3 pronged fanny pack (and yes- they stopped me to check the prongs!), you can wear it on the ride. I wanted nothing to delay us from getting on the ride ASAP so I ordered the fanny pack on Amazon and told Mike and Steve not to bring bags into the park.

This is absolutely something I would do, too. If you can save yourself the trip to the lockers, why wouldn't you?

Mike and Steve said the whole point of buffets is to eat it all at the same time. What do you guys think?

Well, when it comes to a buffet, I vastly prefer breakfast options to all others, so I'd probably skip the lunch stuff altogether!

We also thought it was nice that when we got the check, they charged an "under 21 adult price" for Steve since he couldn't/didn't drink alcohol which we fully expected to pay the same price for him.

That's the way to do it. Meanwhile, a ten year old pays the adult price at Disney...

That sounds like a good brunch! It's nice that they offer specialty items made to order! I'm glad you all enjoyed it!

Also I think it's totally logical to eat your breakfast plate before your lunch plate and do it in order!

You say that so nonchalantly.

You don't meet Captain America on the regular?

Can you explain this to a poor foreigner? I know about the boroughs, but...

Everyone pretty much thinks of NYC as Manhattan (kinda like people think of WDW as Magic Kingdom lol) and Staten Island is the most "residential" of the boroughs and the least connected of all of them so we're like the forgotten borough. I can be in NJ much quicker than I can be anywhere in the city!

Didn't do that one. I've done similar (and higher) ones before... and don't particularly enjoy them. I'll do them if the person I'm with is adamant about going, but... otherwise, I'll pass.

That's Mike's stance on them too. He'll go when I insist but he doesn't really enjoy it. Our Six Flags has one that they claim is the world's tallest drop tower and it's definitely more thrilling than this one!

:laughing: Poor Mike. I hope you came through on your promise.

:rolleyes1 :rolleyes1

What? I did not know this! That sounds great!

It was! I highly recommend it!

So... you're saying you liked it.

:love::love::love: I may or may not have gone back for it in December

Well... I would've sided with Mike and Steve, but... I've never thought of it that way before. I can totally see myself doing it your way, now. And next time, I just might.
Kinda like you eat dessert last. Or... you eat breakfast before lunch, so...

See I knew you'd see it my way.

He didn't!!

:rotfl::rotfl:Steve and I were dying and Mike didn't understand why we thought parking was so funny!

And the second thing I remember is how terrifying this one was. I'm afraid of heights but i recall the worst part being not knowing when you were going to fly up. Never again!

That's how Mike feels about it too but like a good girlfriend, I continue to force him on it lol

I can only imagine how much she appreciate that!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Clearly us gals now how to do this right!

Exactly!

Wow that really is reasonable. I wish Disney would discount to an under 21 price. We don't do the dining plan but it astounds me that kids over 10 pay the same price for people over 21 with alcohol included. Of course if we ever did do the plan I'd totally insist that I got to drink the kiddos alcohol

It was! We were very impressed with the quality for the price point and the under 21 price impressed us even more. I think that's crazy also! I know they say kids can get the non-alcoholic specialty drinks but I think we all know a milkshake doesn't equate to a $17 cocktail.

Wow, what a great day so far. I really, really, want to get to Universal but it just doesn't make sense until the girls are older. Those HP areas, though, my goodness!

I love Universal and think the parks have a ton to offer but you're right- I think it's more enjoyable with older kids.

This is absolutely something I would do, too. If you can save yourself the trip to the lockers, why wouldn't you?

Exactly!

Well, when it comes to a buffet, I vastly prefer breakfast options to all others, so I'd probably skip the lunch stuff altogether!

Fair enough. A breakfast buffet is definitely superior to a lunch buffet.

That's the way to do it. Meanwhile, a ten year old pays the adult price at Disney..

I know! I don't get that at all.

You don't meet Captain America on the regular?
Not up here. We have:

Everyone pretty much thinks of NYC as Manhattan (kinda like people think of WDW as Magic Kingdom lol) and Staten Island is the most "residential" of the boroughs and the least connected of all of them so we're like the forgotten borough.
Ahhh… okay. I actually don't think Manhattan when I think NYC. I think Manhattan and Queens and the Bronx and Brooklyn.
:love::love::love: I may or may not have gone back for it in December
:)
:rotfl::rotfl:Steve and I were dying and Mike didn't understand why we thought parking was so funny!
He didn't??? :laughing:

Ok first! Dr. Doom's Fear Fall is a wannabeTOT :snooty: I was so disappointed the first time I rode it -up once and down, that's it??? Nope. I'll agree on Spider-Man and Hulk though, much better!!

Glad you enjoyed the brunch! We had brunch there last September but it wasn't the acoustic one, I loved all the memorabilia there and also the guitar shaped condiment holder on the table 🎸

And I lol'd about your lost Burrough comment, I have friends that feel the same way!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!