One account, two magic bands, two separate ticket groups

KProuty

Mouseketeer
I have four days left of non expiring tickets that I don't want to use right now. We will be buying Magic Your Way tickets for five days. We aren't staying onsite. Can I purchase new Magic Band 2s and have them attached to the new five day Magic Your Way tickets so there is no chance of using the non expiring tickets when we walk in the parks?

Thanks!

Magic Bands aren't connected to a particular ticket, they're connected to your MDE account, so any Magic Bands you have will be able to access any tickets you have in your account. What you need to do is have the MYW tickets prioritized at Guest Services before you enter a park.

I have four days left of non expiring tickets that I don't want to use right now. We will be buying Magic Your Way tickets for five days. We aren't staying onsite. Can I purchase new Magic Band 2s and have them attached to the new five day Magic Your Way tickets so there is no chance of using the non expiring tickets when we walk in the parks?

Thanks!

Magic Bands are attached to you, not your tickets.

You can stop by guest services before entering any parks to have your 5-day tickets prioritized.

Either attach them to your existing profile in MDE and stop at Guest Services before you enter your first park to have the tickets prioritized so the MYW ticket is used first or create a new profile in MDE (you can give yourself a nickname) and attach the MYW tickets to that. If you have a second e-mail address you can even create an entirely new MDE account and link the MYW tickets there. Yes, you can buy a magic band and link it to whichever profile you choose to link the MYW tickets to, but it's not necessary. They will give you a plastic ticket card.

While it's true that MagicBands are tied to users defined in your account, I didn't want to bother with having to have tickets prioritized and hope that the system took the entitlement from the right ticket. So what we did for my BF who has one day left on a no-expire ticket when we decided to buy APs was create another instance of him in the account. The no-expire ticket is tied to the original version of him and the AP is tied to the new version of him. The MagicBands tied to the old version of him can only be used to access that no-expire ticket right now, since that's the only ticket tied to that person. The MagicBands that have since been tied to the new version of him can access the currently active AP. And there's no chance using one of the newer MagicBands tied to that second person will accidentally take the entitlement from that old no-expire ticket. Long story all to say that if you want to keep things separate, you can do so by creating a second version of each member of your party, link the new 5-day tickets to those new members of your party, link new MagicBands to those new members of your party, and just use those new bands to access the 5-day tickets.

You can add Fake Name people to your MDE account and link the new tickets to them.

Link the new MagicBands to them and the MBs will provide the link to the tickets and FPs when in the park.

You don’t need a 2nd MDE account to keep your non-expiry tickets safe.

While it's true that MagicBands are tied to users defined in your account, I didn't want to bother with having to have tickets prioritized and hope that the system took the entitlement from the right ticket. So what we did for my BF who has one day left on a no-expire ticket when we decided to buy APs was create another instance of him in the account. The no-expire ticket is tied to the original version of him and the AP is tied to the new version of him. The MagicBands tied to the old version of him can only be used to access that no-expire ticket right now, since that's the only ticket tied to that person. The MagicBands that have since been tied to the new version of him can access the currently active AP. And there's no chance using one of the newer MagicBands tied to that second person will accidentally take the entitlement from that old no-expire ticket. Long story all to say that if you want to keep things separate, you can do so by creating a second version of each member of your party, link the new 5-day tickets to those new members of your party, link new MagicBands to those new members of your party, and just use those new bands to access the 5-day tickets.

Hmmm... I'm going to have to figure out how to do this. Same MDE account? If it is, then I already made dinner reservations under my "normal" MDE account. These wouldn't transfer over to the new instance, if you can do that within one MDE. Although you don't need magic bands for dinner reservations.

Hmmm... I'm going to have to figure out how to do this. Same MDE account? If it is, then I already made dinner reservations under my "normal" MDE account. These wouldn't transfer over to the new instance, if you can do that within one MDE. Although you don't need magic bands for dinner reservations.
Anyone can hold a dinner reservation. All you do is give the Restaurant host your name and ADR time. No need to transfer any ADR info.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter